VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Break 2/27 thru 3/2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just moved from Round Rock to Wisconsin. :sigh:

there, there softail, hope the adjustment is a smooth process--something to look forward to is they have a great football team :cheesehead::cheesehead:

born and raised in texas, still here, living only 20 minutes from galveston..

was in Corpus last summer, to see the lady Lex..air craft carrier..to lounge beach side..to take in the sights and do some fishing...

I'm also 20 min from Galveston. Bet were neighbors.

And i miss the midwest so badly. Did a 3 year stint in Chicago and I miss it every.single.day. I will be back one day.

[video=youtu;f18ga0i6r2A]http://youtu.be/f18ga0i6r2A?t=38s[/video]

:) I can't tell you how much I miss Texas, especially now! :cold: :snowflake:

image.jpg

One of our cotton fields at sunset. Good crop that year
#money

I just finished watching the video with Troy Hayden interviewing JA after the guilty verdict in the first trial. She lied so many times it was madding. Said she had a really good memory. LIE Not when it came to the day TA was suppose to have been viewing Pron pic of little boy. She couldn't remember when she worked at Mimi's that day, not when she got off work. Yet she remembered so many small details of other obscure events. She also came up with some nonsense about TA chasing a naked four year old around a room with a bible. Claimed it was on one of her other hard drives that the DT wouldn't check out.

Then there is the way she trashed TA. Said the PT wouldn't consider a plea, so her DT dicided to RIP THE LID OFF. Those are her expressions and it was her idea, because we read it in the hearing papers. She threaten the PT if they didn't give her second degree and 12 year sentence she would drag TA and Family thru the mud and ruin their reputations. Juan said go for it, and she did, not her attorney' SHE did it.

She acts real sad but can't help her digs at the family and TA. Says she can't look at family because they look like TA and reminds her of her abuser. SHE IS HIS MURDERER. This woman is unreal, there is more but I could not listen to all of it.

Later Troy Hayden tells the female commentator on Fox that JA is NUTS and she manipulates everyone around her and she tried to manipulate him, but he would not go into detail on that until after the verdict. I think he should tell us NOW. Also he went on to say she definitely premeditated this murder, by stealing the gun, renting the white car, coloring her hair, and filling three gas cans. He didn't believe a word she told him.

JA told in the interview that she used the gas cans because she was traveling thru deserts she wasn't familar with. LIE Remember how her co workers said she would take off at night and drive thru the night in the desert to see TA because she couldn't get a hold of him and she had to find out what he was doing. She was quite familar with the route thru the desert so she lied again. She kept saying Juan lied over and over again and had hidden evidence in her case. Kept up the DV bull saying she had lots of people who saw her bruses but her DT wouldn't call them, her sister was included in the witnesses her DT wouldn't call. Even the horrible KN and JW knew better than to call the drug addicts that could so easily be impeached. She said her sister could testify that she was out of town when gun was stolen from her grandparents house. And finally she told Troy H that after the verdict she planned to talk to her friends that were so supportive of her about the verdict. What friends? They didn't testify did they?

I want to hear how she tried to manipulate Troy Hayden. Also he said the prison officials were ready for Arias and had personnel on hand to deal with her because they got word of her manipulating the guards at MCSO. They said she would be taken care of when she got there, no MANIPULATION allowed for her.

Reading this chilling story once again literally made me shiver with cold. Flashes of the killer armed with knives, a gun, rope, a killing kit, if you will, popped into my head. I could see her planning the murders of several of Travis' friends and family, and "hitting the road" to do just that. She is bereft of any human emotion - love, empathy, guilt, remorse. I can see her scoring low on the anger scale, because when she's not in a rage, she's devoid of all feeling. I truly believe she falls into the Malignant Narcissistic Personality column. While no DX exists in the DSM-V for that particular term, it's a hypothetical syndrome combining narcissism, APD, aggression and sadism. To me, that is the killer!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy_Checklist
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malignant_narcissism

Careful what you wish for. :biggrin: Long post ahead...

Your guess is really as good as mine. For all my knowledge of psychopathy and malignant narcissism, I never could have predicted her not allocuting. That leaves me a little wary trying to predict how she'll receive either sentence.

I have to start by saying that no matter the sentence rendered, I absolutely believe Jodi is convinced beyond a shadow of doubt that she will not die in prison. I think she believes her appeal will ultimately be successful and her conviction overturned. I'm not blaming anyone for it but the way this whole trial was handled directly fed into Jodi's sense of entitlement - everything from media interviews to being allowed such secrecy. Her not even attempting to allocute is a scary sign for me that her narcissism has reached never before seen territory.

I don't believe Jodi really wants death - I think that was just her spin at the time to make herself appear innocent, mentally ill, and having a low self-esteem. She'll hate the tighter restrictions and control but in a way, sentencing her to death will give her a platform for her victimhood. She'll use it to manipulate others and she'll have access to people she normally wouldn't to fight her cause - not because they think she's deserving but simply because of an anti-DP stance - though she won't see that's the reason they're fighting for her. It will further feed her narcissism. She isn't going to roll over and accept death, I don't think. To do that, she would have to admit she isn't as special as she believes she is. I believe she'll fight tooth and nail to save her life but she will probably use her family as the reason for it. Jodi likes being a martyr. She likes people believing she had no choice but to kill Travis. She'll revel in people thinking it's wrong to put her to death for her actions. In her mind, it bolsters her delusion that she was justified. Jodi doesn't like appearing selfish or self-serving (irony of all ironies) so I don't think she'll be honest that SHE wants to save HER life. KWIM? She may spin it as if it were up to her she may accept her fate - but she has a little sister to consider. Or what will the inmates do if she can't teach them Spanish? ;)

One of the key reasons I don't believe she'll accept death is her threats to commit suicide. It's one of the cornerstones of a borderline diagnosis (and I believe a big part of DeMarte's thought process) but I have a history with such threats being used as a weapon so I see it from that angle. Where's the history of Jodi being hospitalized? Did she ever cut her wrists deeply enough to warrant medical attention? Did she ever OD and have to have her stomach pumped? Were police called when she scaled the top of a bridge? Scars evident from self-harming? Self-harm 'kit' at the ready? Wearing inappropriate clothing for summer just to hide her wounds (apart from when she murdered Travis)?

Instead we have her telling many people (and her journal) that she wanted to commit suicide but never actually making real moves to do so or stopping after a nick from a razor hurt. Most self-harmers will tell you the physical pain is welcome because it alleviates a deeper emotional pain. Of course, not all borderlines self-harm and not all self-harmers are borderline. Because of all of that history though, her appearing to want to die is pure emotional blackmail in my opinion. It's been used as a weapon against others to control how they respond and react to her.

BBM

I'm convinced this is how she gained entry to his house that night. I'm still not convinced the sex was consensual as I find it hard to believe he would even want her physically at that point. But based on the pics we never saw, Juan conceded that sex did happen and had to accept it as fact. My only question would be was he forced, or did she "wake him up." His expression in the pics certainly don't depict any kind of post sex euphoria IMO. She of course is sporting that creepy, scary smile *shudders*

And i miss the midwest so badly. Did a 3 year stint in Chicago and I miss it every.single.day. I will be back one day.

[video=youtu;f18ga0i6r2A]http://youtu.be/f18ga0i6r2A?t=38s[/video]

Are you a native Texan that left and then returned RadarLuv?

Looks like a lot of you are native Texans, I'm considered an "honorary" Texan as I was born and raised in DC area, moved to Phoenix for a decade where I met my wonderful Texan husband, and have lived here ever since!

Food soothes and bonds. Sharing a meal is not just about eating, it's about nourishment of the body and the soul. And putting time into making something and then sharing that says, "you are valuable and I am sharing a part of myself and my endeavor with you."

That's not ridiculous, that's a human bonding experience.

When someone has a death in a family what do people do? They bring food! When someone is celebrating what do people do? They eat! What was the "last supper" about? Bonding, sharing, imparting important information.

When jurors who have sat together month after month after month want to not only break bread, but bring something homemade to share, that sets a tone of cooperation. It signals affiliation and a willingness to work together. How is that a bad thing?

The jury that I mentioned in an earlier post, who together convicted a man of murdering his wife, in my town, grew very close to the point where sometime after the verdict they even got together and had a bar-b-que AND invited their main babysitter/bailiff as well, as they had all bonded over those months of testimony and then the deliberation.

Would it make people feel better if the jury was sullen, refused to look at each other, refused to share a meal together, couldn't muster a smile? Would that somehow more appropriately honor Travis or ensure they are doing the job they've been asked to do?

It hasn't been discussed much but have any of you given thought to the juror inquiry about reading notes "silently or individually" during breaks? This question has my curiosity peaked, and I wonder what this could indicate. Any thoughts?

Where it could have come up is if there are a couple of smokers, so when they take 15-20 minutes to go smoke a cigarette someone else might be wondering if they could stay there going through their notes. The answer as I read it is that when one is out they all need to be out and they need to leave everything behind.

I don't think it was any big deal - more a "we need to know how this works so that we don't get into trouble" kind of things.

Yes, I am a native. Oddly enough I am headed to DC (DCA) tomorrow. Been there 3 times this month for work. Love that city. But Brrrr....

Looks like a lot of you are native Texans, I'm considered an "honorary" Texan as I was born and raised in DC area, moved to Phoenix for a decade where I met my wonderful Texan husband, and have lived here ever since!

Well, you got here as quick as you could

Well, you got here as quick as you could

Lmao, spoken like a true Texan--I love it, yes I did and wouldn't change it for the world. I was widowed 3 years ago and my family thought I would head their way but I firmly told them I was home and this is where I would be staying.

The judge clearly offered to them they could deliberate today. They declined. I think someone felt strongly the only way cooler heads would prevail, much like when you send two kids to opposite rooms to cool down, or a husband and wife reconcile after a break......sometimes a break from arguing does help put things in perspective. The judge did offer for Friday, as she is indeed there all day today, handling other matters but they declined. I am certain. I just think rather than give in, they took a break. I am rooting for them. Certainly.

When did she clearly offer it to them. I have seen nothing that supports that. They said they went over the jury deliberation schedule. Nothing about offering friday.

These jurors are in an odd position for sure. They are not the same jury, nor did they hear all the evidence the first jury used to find her guilty.

Why wouldn't they want the time to go through all the evidence from the first trial to make sure they are making an informed decision?

I am glad they are taking the time to make that informed decision!

Don't agree. I've been on a Jury twice here in New Mexico. Normal to me .. we bonded, brought food and even the Bailiff's wife (that I never met, contributed) . Have you been on a Jury ever?

I didn't mean it in a bad way. Maybe ridiculous wasn't the right word. I thought it was funny. I just imagined them Wednesday picking a foreman and a schedule and then deciding who would bring the cake. And between that and and the jurors wanting to switch, they're like besties now.

I love that they brought food. Seriously, it was my favorite thing yesterday. There's no need to make this personal.

When the electric chair was taken away...it also took away the extreme fear and anticipation of it. So with getting the needle, the only real punishment to Jodi would be the isolation. She thrives on attention. Punishment! She loves to hear herself talk to others. Punishment! She loves to manipulate others. Punishment! She loves to plan and supposedly teach others. Punishment! She deserves the punishment. The wait over the week-end is the start of this punishment. Jodi does not look good at all. You can tell that she is totally stressed and she should be. No remorse on her part. And I do not think that she gets it. She has NO idea how much stress and pain she has put Travis' family through. Only their love for their brother and their faith has gotten them this far. I continue to pray for them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member