VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Break 2/27 thru 3/2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are from Midland? I am from Marfa. Do not know how old your are, but when I was in HS in Marfa (Class of 1974) our football team would play against Midland (cannot remember which HS) Go Shorthorns!
Yes I'm from Midland..of course I know Marfa![emoji2] I am 44....graduated in 89. I believe we would go thru Marfa a lot because I used to live in Pecos when I was little.

Cathy of Court Chatter posted some of Travis Alexander's room mate, Enrique Cortez wrote about how terrified they all were. After the murder

"Lisa and Elena slept in the master bedroom together. I slept outside the master in the family room with another guy named Josh Craig. This was also where you have the patio door. Kody slept alone in the living room at the front of the house with the loaded gun. I have to admit I was a little nervous when I went to bed that night, but it was better than staying alone without protection."

http://linkis.com/www.courtchatter.com/G74uu

This is something that did not come out at the trial.....

" We ran into Mimi Hall, who was traveling with her parents. While the 3 of us spent a few minutes together at the grave, she had told us that before the murder, she got a harassing phone call. The only thing I remember Mimi saying about it was something along the lines of, “I know what you’re doing; you better stop it.” Lisa got a letter, Mimi got a phone call" Enrique Cortez said.

Knowing now that Jodi Arias had bought a Glock and was gun/knives were in her car the day she was arrested, the fears that she would kill again were spot on. WOW. I wish the jury could have heard about Mimi getting that phone call. It shows Jodi Arias WAS full of jealousy. STILL.

Cathy of Court Chatter posted some of Travis Alexander's room mate, Enrique Cortez wrote about how terrified they all were. After the murder

"Lisa and Elena slept in the master bedroom together. I slept outside the master in the family room with another guy named Josh Craig. This was also where you have the patio door. Kody slept alone in the living room at the front of the house with the loaded gun. I have to admit I was a little nervous when I went to bed that night, but it was better than staying alone without protection."

It seems like almost every single day I learn something new that makes me realize how terrible Jodi made Travis' life. I really, really hope she gets the DP.

Thanks for posting this. I wish the jurors could have heard about this. How traumatic it must have been for Travis' roommates and friends. How terrifying it must have been to know that Arias--the woman who murdered Travis--was on the loose in June 2008. My heart goes out to all those who have been affected by this devastating tragedy.

I am so grateful for y'all's opinion,stories,etc...websleuths is such a great place. Its almost might be my demise...lol. I wake up check Ws...take shower..check Ws...make kids lunches. .check WS...do hair/makeup..check WS...pray for a stoplight so I can check WS! What a great addiction! [emoji2]

image.jpg

I brought the breakfast crock pot

IMO they will deliberate all day Monday, come to a consensus, then sleep on it. Verdict Tuesday will be death

IMO they will deliberate all day Monday, come to a consensus, then sleep on it. Verdict Tuesday will be death
While Jeff Gold was downright outraged that the jurors took Friday off.... I think it shows some resolve.

I believe one or more is frustrated and saying let just say we are hung and let the judge decide. Others are saying hell no. We are going to go over everything for you again, piece by piece of evidence if need be. We aren't going to risk being approached by anyone at local eatery, so please bring your lunch in. We are going to take the weekend for everybody to calm down, pray, reflect and by God we are NOT throwing in the towel. Not on my watch.

I am rooting for them. I have taken more than 8 hours to shop for the perfect evening gown. Who I am livid at is the first juror foreman sending a note to the judge after TWO hours about deadlock. Someone on this jury is NOT of his oh well mindset. They have their sleeves rolled up and also realize a break may be what is needed. I am glad this jury had to walk by the Alexanders today. I think seeing their pain will be what helps get this right. I do.

After listening to Paul's take, he sees the jury and how they respond to the witnesses and the lawyers, I feel a new calm that they are coming back with death. It may take them time that is hard on the Alexanders, but there is the old adage

Do you want it done fast or do you want it done RIGHT?

I've never felt this sure they will get it right as I do at this very moment. Your lovely calm photo of the sun coming up reminds us of God's promise "This too shall pass".

http://t.co/BeWmnZft1O

I don't understand why so many find it odd that the jury brought food yesterday. I doubt this is the first time that they brought/shared treats with one another. Perhaps media didn't report it because it was a typical trial day and not verdict watch. Unless they had been told previously that they couldn't bring food into the jury room, my guess is that yesterday wasn't a first.

When I served on a jury, I offered to bring cookies/cake the very first day. We knew there wouldn't be anything but coffee/tea in the jury room, so we agreed to take turns bringing something to snack on before/after lunch. Most days we had sweet and savory snacks. Again, I don't read anything into the crockpot and baking dish other than the jurors agreed to stay in the building during lunch break.

As to the possible verdict, no one knows what this jury will do, and when they render their verdict, no one will be able to do a thing about it. :moo:

While Jeff Gold was downright outraged that the jurors took Friday off.... I think it shows some resolve.

I believe one or more is frustrated and saying let just say we are hung and let the judge decide. Others are saying hell no. We are going to go over everything for you again, piece by piece of evidence if need be. We aren't going to risk being approached by anyone at local eatery, so please bring your lunch in. We are going to take the weekend for everybody to calm down, pray, reflect and by God we are NOT throwing in the towel. Not on my watch.

I am rooting for them. I have taken more than 8 hours to shop for the perfect evening gown. Who I am livid at is the first juror foreman sending a note to the judge after TWO hours about deadlock. Someone on this jury is NOT of his oh well mindset. They have their sleeves rolled up and also realize a break may be what is needed. I am glad this jury had to walk by the Alexanders today. I think seeing their pain will be what helps get this right. I do.

After listening to Paul's take, he sees the jury and how they respond to the witnesses and the lawyers, I feel a new calm that they are coming back with death. It may take them time that is hard on the Alexanders, but there is the old adage

Do you want it done fast or do you want it done RIGHT?

I've never felt this sure they will get it right as I do at this very moment. Your lovely calm photo of the sun coming up reminds us of God's promise "This too shall pass".

http://t.co/BeWmnZft1O

I don't think they took it off. I think that it was not an option to deliberate that day. The case has been off on fridays since the beginning. There is a reason that goes beyond this trial. I wish people would stop criticizing this jury at all.
I wish people would stop being critical of a process that many of them have never ever had to participate in.

I don't know what the media said about the sidebar, but IIRC there was no jury in the room anyway, so why was a sidebar happening in the first place? If there was no purpose for the secrecy, the accidental lack of secrecy is not a problem.

The supplemental offer of proof is no doubt a supplement to the earlier-filed offer of proof, which would have detailed what Jodi would have said if she had continued testifying and/or had done an allocution. These are important for purposes of appeal.

(I snipped out the other answers to save space.)

What would be the value of the offer(s) of proof of what she would have said? She CHOSE not to testify/allocute, so who cares what she might have said? It's completely irrelevant and a moot issue isn't it? Does every killer who chooses not to take the stand submit something in writing that gets reviewed on appeal? I would think not.

I don't think they took it off. I think that it was not an option to deliberate that day. The case has been off on fridays since the beginning. There is a reason that goes beyond this trial. I wish people would stop criticizing this jury at all.
I wish people would stop being critical of a process that many of them have never ever had to participate in.

The only "normal" things for this jury the past 4+ months are: home every night (except the one night they agreed to stay late) and off every Fri/Sat/Sun. So they may have wanted to keep that for family/work reasons. They demonstrated they are trying to speed things up by working through lunch instead of wasting 90 minutes. Other than smoke/bathroom breaks it looks like they are churning through it as quickly as possible while keeping their "off" time intact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove