VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Break 2/27 thru 3/2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That breaks my heart. I have two small children and my parents are such a big part of their lives. I am very sorry.

We've learned a little more, that it looks to be a family feud of some sort. Obviously the man responsible had some sort of emotional issues. Thanks all for thoughts and prayers!

Seriously, this whole thread has been about all the damn Texans and suddenly there's 3 Manitobans. What are the odds?
Enjoy your walk home (it's actually not too cold right now)

I'm actually a former damn Yankee, transplanted to Texas in '81. :eek:

Thanks for posting the full 47 min interview w/Troy. I had only found small clips before. It was interesting to hear things that weren't known she said before.
Adding to the lies, another thing came out for me. When asked about the gas cans, she said "driving at night on a road I've never been on in the desert". Well, that can't be right! She travelled many times back & forth to & from Travis' when she was in CA. So, this last time, she decides to drive to Mesa on a road she's never been on before? What?

Hatfield...now you have me rethinking about those photos....quick google says:

Can't change date/time stamp with the camera because the date/time stamp is now embedded into the image and the camera can only do that as the picture is taken.

BUT... Stamp can be changed by editing each photo with image-editing software like Photoshop or Photoshop Elements.HOW:

Open the photo and use the "clone" tool to obliterate the date/time stamp.
Then optionally use the "text" tool to put the correct date on the image, then save it.
Re-saving a .jpg image in the same format will slightly degrade it as some colour data is discarded during the compression/saving process.

Ok. We agree about her goal- planting evidence, so why not on his camera, same scenario of running out of time or whatever. I'm off to look more into it the possibility. Thanks? ;)

BBM- This refers to the old time/date stamps that show up on the photos themselves...you can photoshop them out. From what I have read you can't easily alter the exif data which is the stored with each picture taken, date, time aperture fstop ect.

as this will forever be the BEST part of this trial, please enjoy, LLAMA's-The Remix.

[video=youtube;NEZhfJkBjxc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEZhfJkBjxc[/video]

Thanks for posting the full 47 min interview w/Troy. I had only found small clips before. It was interesting to hear things that weren't known she said before.
Adding to the lies, another thing came out for me. When asked about the gas cans, she said "driving at night on a road I've never been on in the desert". Well, that can't be right! She travelled many times back & forth to & from Travis' when she was in CA. So, this last time, she decides to drive to Mesa on a road she's never been on before? What?

She was traveling on a major highway---not a remote desert road. There are gas stations all over the place. And roadside phones for assistance. And she had her cell with her. That is 'bollocks.' lol

I am soooo envious you've seen them!!! And I couldn't agree more about the unsurpassed beauty of a wide open sky. I take frequent for pleasure trips to New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, and Nevada just for that reason. The East Coast is a sucky place to live IMO for every reason except great cities to go play in.

I also remember the excitement of a Chinese restaurant opening in Grand Forks. The first one ever! My DH ate takeout every night for a week, because it was the only food available in the "city" that actually had spice in it. The next week or so we went back, ordered the same food and lo! All the spices were gone! We asked why, and the owner said that Grand Forkians couldn't deal with the taste. Only bland would do. Really.

My husband worked with someone from ND (can't remember where, I think they were smack dab in between 4 "cities" and over an hour away from any grocery store) and they came to FL last winter. They raved about the food in restaurants we consider just ok. I guess I understand now, LOL.

The DeVault jury penalty phase did not last 15 days. It lasted 3 days. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...sentence-murder-husband-hammer_n_5243141.html

Excerpt:

A jury on Wednesday spared the life of an Arizona woman convicted of beating her husband to death with a hammer, sentencing her to life in prison instead of the death penalty.

The decision in the penalty phase of Marissa Devault's trial comes after the jury deliberated for about three days since April 22. Devault nodded when jurors were polled about their decision, and she hugged her attorneys before leaving the courtroom smiling.

It irks me that he exaggerates things that don't need to be.
He made another comment in an earlier post about feeling manipulated into the lwop decision because at the time he believed Devaults remorse now not so much. I really feel bad for the JA jurors not having the full picture of JA and hope they will make the right decision despite that.

About possible connections between DeVault and JA.....

I don't know if the rumors are true that DeVault and JA were podmates at Estrella, and that the two were close. It is interesting that JA changed her story from ninjas to abuse and pedophilia after DeVault arrived in Estrella. It's all the more interesting because of the huge emphasis DeVault's DT placed on finding child *advertiser censored* on a key player's computer. Hmmm. I really wonder who the they hired to do their computer forensics........

I want to know how Jodi was playing Spades and getting hugs from other criminals, or is that another lie.

Texas person too, kinda. I spent 6 years very close to White Rock Lake as a young person. Love those walnut trees....if I remember correctly.

What got me when reading this was the one hold out said she was adamantly against the DP! WHY was she on the jury then? I really think the jury needs to have things explained in a lot more detail than currently because they just don't understand sometimes. Like the last foreman not understanding he was creating a mis-trial. And I do not understand WHY the judge cannot tell them that? They should know how everything works IMO.

Absolutely agree on both your points!

Especially about them being told what the sentences really mean.

CTV showed all the pretty flowers popping up in Vancouver and all their tree blossoms last night on the news. It's coming Becky!!

Was in Vancouver the first week of February and the magnolia trees had blossoms then! Flew home to 4 feet of snow, minus wt h e double hockey sticks and no end in sight :(

I am soooo envious you've seen them!!! And I couldn't agree more about the unsurpassed beauty of a wide open sky. I take frequent for pleasure trips to New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, and Nevada just for that reason. The East Coast is a sucky place to live IMO for every reason except great cities to go play in.

I also remember the excitement of a Chinese restaurant opening in Grand Forks. The first one ever! My DH ate takeout every night for a week, because it was the only food available in the "city" that actually had spice in it. The next week or so we went back, ordered the same food and lo! All the spices were gone! We asked why, and the owner said that Grand Forkians couldn't deal with the taste. Only bland would do. Really.

LOL, that's funny about the spices.

Here's a highlight in my life! I got to be a VIP guest at the Grand Opening of the McDonald's in Pell City, Alabama ( I was working there for an extended work assignment)...I believe it was in 1992. I mean, that little city was excited to get a McDonald's!!!! :)

We had a fella here for a while. But he left us quickly. He introduced a funny UK word too.. It started with a B? Synonym for BS?

Whas it "diddums"? I know that guy said it was a synonym for BS, but it's not. You often say, "poor diddums" in places where Americans say "tough petooti". Literally, it means "poor you", but it is intended sarcastically. The expression has been around at least since the '50's.

Paul Sanders, former juror explains it took his jury 15 days! #TravisAlexander
"Our search for justice for Dale Harrell changed my life in the most unexpected of ways as it will forever change some of the individuals on the Arias jury. I have faith in a system that has survived over two hundred years. Millions of jurors have sat in these jury boxes and each has searched their souls from the smallest of trials to the behemoths such as Arias and DeVault.
It took our jury fifteen days, within a period of five weeks, to find a decision for life or death in DeVault. Ultimately, in our responsibility for the life of the defendant as well as the life of the victim, we put our hands on every single piece of evidence that had been admitted for our observation. Although it took time, we did not want to risk second guessing our decision the rest of our lives." Paul Sanders @The13thJurorMD

Here is his entire , brilliant blog https://www.facebook.com/JuanMartinezProsecutorSupportPage/posts/357599704433612

Also, he was interviewed on Tricia ( Co- Owner of Websleuths ) True Crime Radio about this http://t.co/BeWmnZft1O

Here is Carol Gossling; a Jodi Arias alternate, who would have voted death. http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/05/28/jodi-arias-murder-trial-jury-speaks-out-death

15 days?????? I thought it took 3 days? I will have to go research that more.

I used to be a neighbor, kinda. Lived in Grand Forks, so know all about the -30 plus degree thing and plugging in cars and not seeing black pavement or green grass from November through April. Ugh. On the other hand, we used to go to Winnipeg a lot. What a cool city! Certainly from the point of view of those stuck in Grand Forks, "city" with one movie theater, no theaters or live music or anything else cultural, and where the phone book's list of restaurants took up less than a quarter of a page and included Arby's.

On one trip there in the dead of winter, on a sunny day, the wind blowing so hard already fallen snow filled the air as if a blizzard, we saw one of those amazing things I've ever seen...two sundogs, miles apart, shooting straight line rainbows up as far as the eye could see. Awesome.

Have you Manitobans ever seen the northern lights??? On my wish list of things to see......

Sae a beautiful sun dog complete with circle last wknd driving to Morris almost to grand forks. Which is my favorite place to shop lol. Yes I've seen the northern lights many times best was when I went further up north complete rainbow damcing in the night sky beautiful!

as this will forever be the BEST part of this trial, please enjoy, LLAMA's-The Remix.

[video=youtube;NEZhfJkBjxc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEZhfJkBjxc[/video]

That Was fun. Oh boy there are a few tired men. Hope none of them had a heart attack.

Jodi was never supposed to be in Arizona on her road trip, right? So why would she be referring to needing gas cans while driving through the CA/AR desert at night? That doesn't make sense to me. And she obviously had been from Palm Desert to Las Vegas at least twice before for PPL (and maybe a time or two w/ Daryl), so she wouldn't need three full, auxiliary gas cans between So Cal and Las Vegas. What I think Jodi meant to say was she'd never been through the desert between Vegas and SLC, Utah at night, and between SLC through upper Nev on her way back to Redding. And that might have been believable had she filled the gas cans up in Nevada close to Vegas instead of in Pasadena in So Calif. But she didn't. That's where her cover story runs "out of gas". So to speak. :D

Agree.

And would love to have input by BritsKate...but I'm thinking if she does get the DP, she will say that she is accepting of it and that is what she wanted. Her way of defining HER CONTROL still to the END. Of course, she will say that she is sorry that her family and others are affected as she did before.

I disagree. If she gets the death penalty they will need to carry her out of the courtroom. It isn't even a possibility in her mind. Plus, I do think on some level she thinks this was a retrial and is going to be found not guilty. She is out there.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia