VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Break 2/27 thru 3/2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd hate to think the victims family, in any case, would be the reason to vote one way or another. It's actually pretty manipulative for the A's to move from the witness room to the hall just to be seen by the jury if that was their motivation for moving there and I'm not saying it was. A murder victim with no family members to fill seats in the courtroom or give tearful victim impact statements is just as entitled to justice as a much loved victim with a large family. The jury should be considering the cruelty inflicted on Travis and weighing that against the mitigators and nothing more.

Please don't throw tomatoes :) If the Arias clan (was even there lol!) moved from their holding room to camp out in the hallway so they could be seen by the exiting jury, we'd be losing it right now. You know it's true. xoxo MO

If it was manipulative I'll give them that because they have been muzzled and constrained throughout this trial right down to ribbons. They have largely been powerless in court, drowning in a deluge of slime. They're reminding the jury who the victim was, IMO. I can see myself doing that as well, right or wrong.

I laugh all the time during trial, when people are dying, at funerals, etc. So I am OK with this jury so far. :)

When my Dad passed, my brothers, my Mom and I were in the funeral home, discussing "the arrangements." (Grew up in, what was then, a small town.) Turns out, the undertaker was a (former) member of the high school choir, as was my brother.

Stay with me here ... At one point, Mr. Undertaker asks if my Dad had any "battery-powered implants"... We're, like, "Wha?" He asks,"Like a pacemaker?"

Answer was, "No." And, of course, our family asks, "Why do you need to know that?"

His response: "It's required; batteries could explode during cremation. And even though he's not being cremated, we have to ask."

Well, okay then.

But then he added a story about asking that same question to the widow of another deceased ... to which the widow answered, "He had a penile implant. Does that count?"

As a family, sitting in the funeral home office, we laughed our asses off.

I think his story is "undertaker" humor; but it sure felt good to laugh.

Just sayin' this jury might be feeling the same.

I think it's awesome they did that. They've really bonded.

------------
Hi MeeBee, I think they do have their decision and are happy about it. Relieves tension and strain on them.
Maybe a few loose ends to tie , also we know reading the verdict is not over in a few minutes. This takes time too.
I took the cooking etc. to be bonding. We will have an answer on Monday Also time for JA. to squirm a while longer!:pullhair: :anguish:

I am really hoping that my negative thoughts to all of todays happenings, are just, well, negative personal thoughts. I will refrain from posting until the verdict is in. Good thing is, she is going to jail for ever, better thing would be she gets what she truly deserves. It is hard to judge a human as being really evil. I think this one is, and not because she is insane, but because she is scarely smart on top of whatever disorder she may be suffering from. I have watched her interviews over and over again, and I see where she literally flips, from sounding like maybe she is saying something that is the truth, and then just going into her lala land. It is frightening to watch, no matter what Dr diagnosis you may have for that. I will be here Monday, to see how it ends, and then I am going back into my gardens, and horses and dogs, and forget about following another trial.

I am not going to judge them for laughing as they leave or for having a cake together. I have a few first responders in my family. Imo, that kind of behavior and friendly bonding is the only way they can get through the day sometimes.

This jury is looking at these gruesome crime scene photos and reading this tedious testimony and deciding whether to end someone's life. So I think it is somewhat normal to break the tension with some laughter and some home cooked desserts during the long deliberation day.

I am happy they are in good spirits at the end of a tough day. If they were at each others throats and ready to hang, they might not be laughing as they leave. JMO

I completely agree. This is a very intense situation that they are going thru and the fact that they have bonded and have agreed on a crockpot meal or a smile over something is a good sign to me. They are coming together over some seriously intense issues and they need to be able to smile or laugh along the way. It doesn't mean they are not doing their job or not taking it seriously. The little laughs, bits of enjoyment and bonding allow them to work better together and to not crumble under pressure or to be some completely opposed that they could never agree.

Wha?

MC Superior Court ‏@courtpio · 2m2 minutes ago
State v Arias: The jurors have left for the weekend. They will return on Monday.

I wish I knew if the jury returning Monday means there isn't much, if any, work left to do except maybe sleep on their votes over the weekend instead of just one night (tonight), or if there's still plenty of work ahead of them and they want a 3 day weekend to clear their heads. Maybe juror #1 (the notetaker) won't vote until they've gone over everything she took notes on. Otherwise, a waste of her time, right? Anyways, I hate not knowing, but at least I have three days to do bills, laundry, dishes and grocery shopping and not have to be a slave to my computer.

Post from Paul Sanders on Facebook:

"VERDICT WATCH: Day 1.5. Update #1

Juror questions asked through JSS with JM, Willmott and Kirk Nurmi on speakerphone in court.

Attorneys asked to be here in fifteen minutes.

Addressed questions

1) Jury wants the redacted Exhibit List. I believe attorneys will review before submitting to jury.

2) Jurors asking if they may forego lunch to deliberate. This explains Crock Pot brought in by a Juror this AM.

3) Juror asking if they may look at and rewrite notes outside deliberation room or during breaks. I know from experience that this would be denied. Notes cannot leave the courthouse.

4) Remaining question of replacement juror not answered. Juror deliberations probably halted until this question answered. They just left for lunch...which coincides with that thought.

Arias and Juan Martinez are here.

JM in Charcoal Black Suit.

Arias wearing horizontally gray striped "Unsentenced" convict apparel.

J*4*T*!

I realize there's no way to know and perhaps nothing at all should be read into it, but when it was reported that 10 left for a break, I wonder if it's possible the 2 left behind were the foreman and perhaps a juror on the fence? Maybe the foreman had a heart to heart with the one on the fence??

The jury is absolutely forbidden to discuss the case until all of them are together in the same room, that being the jury room. There can be no side conversations about the case at all, at any time.

Juror #3 said a while back that she was confident they would come to a unanimous decision. She said this jury was smart and they'd really bonded with each other. The other day she said the same thing. She's sticking to it, no hung jury.

I think that they came in with the food and decided to work through delibs shows us #3 was right. You've gotta feel pretty good about each other to want to bring food for each other.

I feel pretty confident they will be unanimous and I think it will be death.

We all talk about how easy it should be to give someone who deserves it death. But is it? Could you do it and be able live with yourself the rest of your life? And go to bed every night knowing you held someone's life in your hands and chose to end it? It is a very heavy burden. I wonder if I could even do it sometimes, even to Jodi. But they'll get there.

I hope the jurors don't start thinking that the Alexanders are there to influence/manipulate their verdict though. That could be bad

I agree! I don't think a one time encounter at the end of a long day would have an effect unless they were actively trying to influence the jury and I don't believe they would do that. The tweets about it are weird with the sad faces comments etc. and I would hate for something innocent like the family is waiting in the hall because the witness room was closed at 4:30pm while Samantha was away getting some water-to morph into Nurmi's next mistrial motion.

Grammie- when did the Alexanders wear the ribbons? And you're right...good for them.

------------------------
Hi RR0004, they wore them at beginning of trial in 2013. Of course nurmo said they would bias the jury or some stupid thing! They had to stop.
Oh I want to see her "sit" on that needle.. :loveyou:

We don't know if they are gonna to be hung.. give them benefit of doubt......... REMINDER death penalty case is very serious

The fact that they didn't come back right away actually makes me hopeful. Giving someone the DP without applying all due diligence would be improper.

Born and raised small town near Galveston. Live in NW Arkansas now. Real hillbilly in the Ozarks. Yeehawwwwww

The family were told they couldnt wear the ribbons and they did stop. But once Jodi's family started wearing purple ribbons right after the Alexanders were told not to (antagonizingly) the Alexanders started wearing them again anyway. Nurmi complained again and the judge said she was done fighting it and said the family could wear the ribbons but the public couldn't. They've been wearing the ribbons ever since.

Juries that bond together tend to work well together.

A local murder trial in my area that I attended, we'd hear the jury yukking it up in their jury room during breaks and after lunch. They celebrated birthdays, someone had gotten married, they had their own buffet going in there at various times during the 3 month trial. And guess what? They unanimously decided (guilty) after 2.5 days of deliberation, and had become close as a result of their experience.

I wish people would stop criticizing this jury when you don't know what the heck is going on! For all we know the jury may not be able to deliberate tomorrow for any number of good reasons. I realize people think this trial is alllll about getting their own needs met, but this is serious business. This trial is not about the Alexander family. This case is owned by the State of AZ and these jurors are working through an important and tough decision. All of the "I could give her death tomorrow, hang her from a noose, shoot her myself" type comments are about feelings of revenge and hatred. And that's not what this jury is doing, nor what they should be doing.

The jury is human and humans have many emotions and finding humor and good will amongst each other is a positive sign. It doesn't mean they'll give JA death and it doesn't mean they'll give her life. It means they are able to relate to each other and stay on good terms. That's a good thing!

I am really hoping that my negative thoughts to all of todays happenings, are just, well, negative personal thoughts. I will refrain from posting until the verdict is in. Good thing is, she is going to jail for ever, better thing would be she gets what she truly deserves. It is hard to judge a human as being really evil. I think this one is, and not because she is insane, but because she is scarely smart on top of whatever disorder she may be suffering from. I have watched her interviews over and over again, and I see where she literally flips, from sounding like maybe she is saying something that is the truth, and then just going into her lala land. It is frightening to watch, no matter what Dr diagnosis you may have for that. I will be here Monday, to see how it ends, and then I am going back into my gardens, and horses and dogs, and forget about following another trial.

LAcres, post if you want, or take the weekend off if you want, but don't feel bad about posting what's on your mind. This has been a stressful week and today in particular and sometimes it's just therapeutic to get it out. And hey, if you post something that you are embarrassed about when you read it later on...well, you are in good company. Many of us have done it. I look back at some posts I have made at times when I was really stressed out or over-tired and, holy llamas! I cringe.

Go enjoy your animals and your gardens and we'll see you when you get back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela