VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From News20

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 8m8 minutes ago

#JodiArias' mom & sister leave court after defense's closing arguments.

B-tw8IsUEAAYtOn.jpg

Good riddance.

We have to remember, this jury never heard ALL of the details we are privy to, and they didn't even hear as much testimony about the crime itself as the first jury did. If that jury couldn't sentence her to death, I see no way this jury will. There are too many things going against it..

1) She's a woman, and women rarely receive the DP.

2) This sentencing phase was one chaotic joke of a proceeding. Between the ridiculous drawn out schedule, the disjointed testimony due to numerous motions, delays, witness unavailability...the jury was given bits and pieces of a jumbled mess of testimony which mostly consisted of paid opinions.

3) The defense was allowed so much latitude to bash the victim (with no basis in fact), and at least one juror, if not more, will believe Jodi was abused...either by Travis or in her childhood and will think that is a mitigating factor.

4) This jury has to be tired and ready to be done, and won't want to deliberate or try to convince their fellow jurors until they have a unanimous agreement.

All I can do is pray that IF this jury does give her life, JSS will redeem herself (because I think she's been awful and hasn't been authoritative or controlled this proceeding as she should) and give her LWOP.

We all have to remember...we did get JUSTICE FOR TRAVIS when the first jury said she was guilty of 1st degree murder. We can't lose sight of that fact, regardless of what decision this jury arrives at.

Prayers for Travis and the Alexander family, and thanks to Juan and Detective Flores for their hard work and dedication to this case.

This is probably going to sound strange, but I wish that this jury would hang rather than vote for life. I would rather think that they couldn't come to an agreement than think that they, all 12, were swayed by the miserable tactics of the DT. If not the DP then I wish for a hung jury. :sigh:

My friend said the same thing....her thinking is "I want Jodi to know that X number of jurors wanted you to die!"

Also question regarding text alert from KPO....do I choose "local news" by local they mean their local right??? :confused:

No one will ever convince me this wasn't all KN. I believe this is his MO in every case where he represents a client. I think in each and every one of them he uses the tactic of 'blame the victim game' even if the victims are small children who say they were molested or raped by an adult. Not once has he looked uncomfortable spewing all of the lies he and the entire DT has told including JA. He seems to enjoy it instead. He doesn't stick to the factors or even the mitigation possibilities. He always goes for the jugular against anyone and everyone connected to the state's side of the case including the prosecutor. And I think his group of experts here in this case also testify for the defendant in the cases KN tries and JW too.

His game is everything that happened is always someone else's fault. He blames them ALL while diminishing the horrendous lies the defendant has told repeatedly and he twist her empty words into remorse and there was nothing remorseful about what she told the jury. The only thing she regrets is she would like a do-over of that day so she would do a better job of not getting caught.

I am so glad this case is finally over. Never have I seen one like it and I hope I never do ever again. The DT might as well have brought Travis' corpse into the courtroom and pulled him apart limb by limb. The DT did that with words anyway non stop. KN et all has tried their very best to destroy a good man's character. And KN knows all of his accusations are a bunch of bull. He hasn't been around JA this long and not learned what a pathological liar she is. Yet it doesn't faze him in the least. I don't think KN has one problem sleeping at night and instead is rather proud of himself and his abhorrent conduct in this case and every other cases he is on.

Defending a client and seeing that they get a fair trial is one thing but when a lawyer acts like KN & JW throughout this case it goes way beyond to what is necessary and excessive mean spiritedness.

But then I have always believed it takes a very different kind of person for their expertise to be in defending rapists and pedophiles.

IMO

Oceanblueeyes you are eloquent as always. You have stated the DT's case perfectly. Some say he is just doing his job. I, like you, totally disagree. He enjoys ripping the victim apart. He enjoys using vulgar words and deeds. He is very comfortable when doing it. He does it OFTEN and LOUDLY. He is as sick a pervert as the people he defends.

Remember at the beginning of the trial when Juan had trouble talking about TA's erection with LA? He didn't know how to refer to his penis getting hard, you could tell the way he struggled with the word tumescence, he didn't enjoy using course terms for the event. Also did you see the smirk on KN face. Go back and watch the video on Youtube. Juan is a GOOD MAN and doesn't enjoy using dirty words and talking sex talk like KN does. He loved saying 3 hole wonder anal sex all of it KN loved. I actually think he got off on all the talk. I wonder how many times he listened to that sex tape and manually masterbated to it. I don't put anything past him.

As far as JW, I am at a loss. She is a B lawyer in AZ, and not thought much of. Other lawyers in the area don't have anything good to say about her. My BF lives in Scottsdale and she told me her own attorney said he was surprised she was even on this case. Maybe she is a closet pervert too. I would think you would have to have something wrong with you to defend a monster like JA. She didn't want off the case remember.

KN had a personal dislike for JA because she told him how to defend her. It was EGO with him nothing more. He liked trashing TA. TA was a young, handsome, man with a lot of friends unlike KN's life of no friends and an unattractive form to boot.

I am praying for a DP for this woman to wipe the smirk off her face and the face of her entire merry band of losers. I want to see the Alexanders smile again. I want closure for them. Besides, if the jury is thinking they will know that few DP inmates ever get put to death. I want her on CONDEMNED ROW for as long as possible.

I made a Jodi pin cushion (voodoo doll) during the last trial. She's neked and has brown braids like JA did that last day and I have a fresh box of pins. Please place your pin placement orders below. I've already got the migraine covered :)

Hmm, so many to choose from, how about one of those stabs to the back that is deep enough to chip part of the spinal column, just enough to interfere with control of some of her bodily functions? Cruel... yea, but heh, tit for tat eh? If that's too cruel, I might settle for plain old sciatica while we wait for the verdict.:thinking:

The only thing I feel certain of is that the jury will not unanimously agree on LWOP. I, like some others said, think it will be either DP or hung. My hope is they will make the decision for DP, rather than turning it over to JSS to decide.

If it goes to the Judge.......aaaargh! What a horrendous outcome.

Does anyone remember how long the first jury deliberated before declaring a hung jury.

I don't recall the length of time, but I do remember that JSS asked them to continue deliberating until it became apparent that they could not reach a unanimous verdict. 8-4 for Death Penalty.

I made a Jodi pin cushion (voodoo doll) during the last trial. She's neked and has brown braids like JA did that last day and I have a fresh box of pins. Please place your pin placement orders below. I've already got the migraine covered :)

Am I allowed to say the bungholio? And which Websleuthers coined that term? I forget, but definitely an instant classic. A gold ribbon winner. lolz

OK. Nurmi may have given a juror who doesn't want to give the DP something to grasp at, but I think he also gave the other 11 jurors powerful reasons to convince them she not only lacks remorse but feels justified in murdering Travis.

And Juan pointed out she has NEVER quit lying.

BBM
Not it sure if this is it, but there seems to be a link to each day of trial here.... to the right of the video box. http://www.kpho.com/category/257189/special-section-jodi-arias-trial

THANK YOU!! That helps a lot!
Here's another that has recaps and dates: AGH>>>>>I don't think I can post another website from a blog???? Caught myself before getting put in TO!! It's a personal blog from what I can tell, not a media one. I'll post it if it's allowed and anyone is interested.

HLN will finally be reporting on this case right after the interminable ads.

Some more Photos from today:

Tom Tingle ‏@TomTingle2 · 35m35 minutes ago

Defense attorney Kirk Nurmi gives final closing argument to save the life of #JodiArias Wed in PHX. Now up to jury

B-ts0XxUUAAdxAO.jpg

Jodi's case has certainly aged Nurmi :eek:

No one will ever convince me this wasn't all KN. I believe this is his MO in every case where he represents a client. I think in each and every one of them he uses the tactic of 'blame the victim game' even if the victims are small children who say they were molested or raped by an adult. Not once has he looked uncomfortable spewing all of the lies he and the entire DT has told including JA. He seems to enjoy it instead. He doesn't stick to the factors or even the mitigation possibilities. He always goes for the jugular against anyone and everyone connected to the state's side of the case including the prosecutor. And I think his group of experts here in this case also testify for the defendant in the cases KN tries and JW too.

His game is everything that happened is always someone else's fault. He blames them ALL while diminishing the horrendous lies the defendant has told repeatedly and he twist her empty words into remorse and there was nothing remorseful about what she told the jury. The only thing she regrets is she would like a do-over of that day so she would do a better job of not getting caught.

I am so glad this case is finally over. Never have I seen one like it and I hope I never do ever again. The DT might as well have brought Travis' corpse into the courtroom and pulled him apart limb by limb. The DT did that with words anyway non stop. KN et all has tried their very best to destroy a good man's character. And KN knows all of his accusations are a bunch of bull. He hasn't been around JA this long and not learned what a pathological liar she is. Yet it doesn't faze him in the least. I don't think KN has one problem sleeping at night and instead is rather proud of himself and his abhorrent conduct in this case and every other cases he is on.

Defending a client and seeing that they get a fair trial is one thing but when a lawyer acts like KN & JW throughout this case it goes way beyond to what is necessary and excessive mean spiritedness.

But then I have always believed it takes a very different kind of person for their expertise to be in defending rapists and pedophiles.

IMO

Wonder if KN will make himself available for interviews. It's one thing to vilify someone in a court of law (and G-d, what is wrong with a court system that allows this??!!), but it's an entirely different thing when questioned on camera. I hope there are some hard-hitting reporters out there who will vilify him!!

Sole of the foot. I have plantar fasciitis after tearing the tendon in my foot and it's an awful gnawing pain. She deserves it.

That deserves a darning needle......DONE! I put it in really slow for you and twisted it a little as I did.

Sole of the foot. I have plantar fasciitis after tearing the tendon in my foot and it's an awful gnawing pain. She deserves it.

OT - I too had an extremely painful bout with plantar fasciitis, but Orthaheel shoes, thongs and slippers were my lifesaver (and losing 54 pounds). I wear them every day still - you may want to try them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member