VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 40

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"...and I wish, I wish so badly that I could just do that whole day over again." ~ Killer's super secret testimony regarding June 4, 2008

Translation: Sure wish I could do that over and over again. It was so debasing. I like it.

I really really really don't want JA to ever have group recreation or a job in prison!!!
PLEASE send her to death row!

Looks like he just took that suit out of the dryer, but knowing it is on KN, it's probably just an off the rack suit from walmart. LOL

I assume that is Donovan in the mohawk/mullet?
Sorry if this has been laughed about 200 times, I'm just catching up.

:seeya: Yep ... :hilarious:

Here is what WAT tweeted this morning about Donovan:

Wild About Trial 2 @WildaboutTrial2 · 4h 4 hours ago

Donovan just walked in, sweet hair mullet and fluorescent yellow shirt as to not stand out and such. #JodiArias

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

True, because otherwise she looks lovely... :gaah:

Also... JA's mom's demeanor for this entire trial astounds me. She seems absolutely chill
with her daughter being a murderess. Never even a furrowed brow.
One heckuva family...

I know...seriously. They always look like they're strolling the mall or watching a timeshare sales pitch just to get a free tv.

We definitely won't have a verdict this week, they have barely started and only have tomorrow left to deliberate this week. :gaah:

If it takes longer than 45 minutes after lunch, including filling out the form and notifying the bailiff, we've got problems.

We have to remember, this jury never heard ALL of the details we are privy to, and they didn't even hear as much testimony about the crime itself as the first jury did. If that jury couldn't sentence her to death, I see no way this jury will. There are too many things going against it..

1) She's a woman, and women rarely receive the DP.

2) This sentencing phase was one chaotic joke of a proceeding. Between the ridiculous drawn out schedule, the disjointed testimony due to numerous motions, delays, witness unavailability...the jury was given bits and pieces of a jumbled mess of testimony which mostly consisted of paid opinions.

3) The defense was allowed so much latitude to bash the victim (with no basis in fact), and at least one juror, if not more, will believe Jodi was abused...either by Travis or in her childhood and will think that is a mitigating factor.

4) This jury has to be tired and ready to be done, and won't want to deliberate or try to convince their fellow jurors until they have a unanimous agreement.

All I can do is pray that IF this jury does give her life, JSS will redeem herself (because I think she's been awful and hasn't been authoritative or controlled this proceeding as she should) and give her LWOP.

We all have to remember...we did get JUSTICE FOR TRAVIS when the first jury said she was guilty of 1st degree murder. We can't lose sight of that fact, regardless of what decision this jury arrives at.

Prayers for Travis and the Alexander family, and thanks to Juan and Detective Flores for their hard work and dedication to this case.

I'll add #5: Other factors influencing the decision. I've been poking around on the Interwebz and it seems that those who get the DP often have other factors involved. Multiple murders (either more than one person killed during the crime or serial murders), other crimes (murder happened after another crime, i.e., kidnapping, rape, arson, torture), victim was unable to defend him/herself (victim was a child, disabled, elderly, etc.). These other factors appear to be what "tipped the scales" in many cases.

The aggravating circumstances outweigh the mitigating factors beyond a reasonable doubt so it should be death.
Yes. If the jury does its job, it will be death.

If.

Hey all, I have been following closely but haven't posted in awhile. Just gonna give my opinion which is pretty similar to what a lot of you have said. She's either gonna get the death penalty or a hung jury. There is no way all 12 will vote for LWOP. I think we will have a verdict by tmw after lunch at the latest. I honestly wouldn't be suprised if we get one late this afternoon or first thing tmw morning. I think when discussing the schedule they took a vote and most if not all were on the same page, hence no Fridays and regular court hours. I think its gonna be a unanimous vote for death. If this goes past tmw, I will be more concerned about a hung jury. I just keep remembering how the juror that was dismissed said she didn't believe anything Jodi said and thought she showed no remorse, and IMO, the case only got worse from there and Nurmi completely bombed his closing today. I think the jury is just as disgusted as we all are. Again, JMO!

Here is where I'm not the majority when it comes to family, but I wouldn't stand by and support my sister in any way shape or form. I would write off my own child if they did something like this. Wrong is wrong and blood won't change that for me. Also I have a tight close family but above all I believe in right and wrong and I have seen to many families support bad behavior from drug use to murder to child molesting and it makes me I'll. My children ( I have 3 ) are my everything and I pray I'm never in this position but I know me and I'd love them but I wouldn't support them. JMO

Thanks for this post. IMO they have gone way beyond love and support and have aided and abetted the deceit and lies. I think their behavior has been despicable from day one of this trial... laughing, the *&^* ribbons, acting like they were attending the dang CIRCUS... and on and on.

Hmm, so many to choose from, how about one of those stabs to the back that is deep enough to chip part of the spinal column, just enough to interfere with control of some of her bodily functions? Cruel... yea, but heh, tit for tat eh?

Pretend Parasympathetic nerves at S2, S3 and S4 now jabbed repeatedly and pins left in situe. Geesh what a drag to have a migraine and plantar fasciitis in both feet when you're running to the toilet to empty your bladder every 2 minutes. Mwahhhahaha lol! Ooops a needle just stuck itself into the bungholio. How did that get there? :)

:seeya: Yep ... :hilarious:

Here is what WAT tweeted this morning about Donovan:

Wild About Trial 2 @WildaboutTrial2 · 4h 4 hours ago

Donovan just walked in, sweet hair mullet and fluorescent yellow shirt as to not stand out and such. #JodiArias

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

I guess it is Donovan then. But I don't see this person needing a brazier. Partly why I thought it was a male. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member