VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at the Ct App today and just speed-read the last thread. Wow. Here were the themes, right? (1) Why does Juan say we were trashing Travis? We would never do that. Although it's true that Travis was an abusive, manipulative, pedophile who played with the hearts of mentally ill young girls. (2) Don't get distracted! When you get into the jury room, I want you to listen to this sex tape and watch this *advertiser censored* video to really get focused on the issues.

You left out that the murder was all about love, and that she's very sorry she had to kill him. And sadly, no that's not snark.

"...and I wish, I wish so badly that I could just do that whole day over again." ~ Killer's super secret testimony regarding June 4, 2008

Translation: Sure wish I could do that over and over again. It was so debasing. I like it.

That's how I took it too. That she wouldn't have not killed him but would do it over again and do a better job at not getting caught. I assure you at least one, if not more, jurors will take it the same way.

I made a Jodi pin cushion (voodoo doll) during the last trial. She's neked and has brown braids like JA did that last day and I have a fresh box of pins. Please place your pin placement orders below. I've already got the migraine covered :)

I'd like a couple of good pokes in that frickin' fake crooked finger :D

I vote for a case of 'frozen shoulder' in her left shoulder.
http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/frozen-shoulder-topic-overview

I'm in the last stage of recovery, it's very painful, and takes many months to heal. Jodi won't be able to write or draw, er trace.

:boohoo:

Last winter, I got frozen shoulder in my left shoulder, did PT and was recovered by fall. This winter I got (you guessed it) frozen shoulder in my right shoulder. Still have it. I mean WTF? Degenerative issue? I'm in my 50s.

Well then. JA may get death after all.

BTW I realized I know the names of some 9-year-old girls. I will head out to the mall and look for some pamphlets to help me with this problem right after work.

You may want to grab some extra for the rest of us , please and Thank You

Well then. JA may get death after all.

BTW I realized I know the names of some 9-year-old girls. I will head out to the mall and look for some pamphlets to help me with this problem right after work.

Buhaaa. AZ that just literally made me laugh out loud. Well played. Well played.

Hmm, so many to choose from, how about one of those stabs to the back that is deep enough to chip part of the spinal column, just enough to interfere with control of some of her bodily functions? Cruel... yea, but heh, tit for tat eh? If that's too cruel, I might settle for plain old sciatica while we wait for the verdict.:thinking:

How about a poke to both hands, and an extra pin to that " broken finger to cause pain and grief whenever she tries to write her "rediculous " musings..

AZL . . . . would you be willing to pick this case up for appeal if she is given the DP?

what do you think of Nurmi's epic defense given their prediction that the DT was going to be scrutinized forever?

no I don't. Just saying possible that a juror could. My bet is highly unlikely.

I agree with you Ziggy. The way Nurmi kept hammering that each person would decide, made me think he was attempting to sway the one juror he needed to hang the jury. I'd like to think that it would be a unanimous DP or LWOP, but the chance does exist that one person could vote LWPP.

Is it me or did CMJA go out of her way to never utter the 2 words I'M SORRY? :thinking:

Didn't JA's 18 page letter to the Alexanders include that she was sorry for running away and leaving Travis alone with the ninjas?

I have tried to go do something productive but have just kind of wandered around my house doing nothing. After all these years, all I can think about today is Travis and his family and the impending verdict.

What worries me , the jurors never got to see jodie with Juan on cross to show them how she was always trying to play him pretending to be talking about a different time when he caught her in a lie or she would add new details. Would smirk and giggle when she thought she put something over on him. They didn't get to see how cold and calculating she appeared. Then Nurmi was allowed to dwell endlessly on *advertiser censored* and even today implying Travis probably watched much more but deleted it. Smearing Travis over and over. How much did he need out there to cause even one juror to say maybe Travis wasn't such a nice guy to this "snowflake" .

Is it me or did CMJA go out of her way to never utter the 2 words I'M SORRY? :thinking:

Yes she couldn't even fake an I'm sorry.

If someone votes that way it won't be because of Nurmi. He did little to invoke sympathy and went after the victim over and over.

There was nothing in his closing that would sway someone. And I for one would be put off that he was trying to blame me for her getting the death penalty than JA.

I agree with you Ziggy. The way Nurmi kept hammering that each person would decide, made me think he was attempting to sway the one juror he needed to hang the jury. I'd like to think that it would be a unanimous DP or LWOP, but the chance does exist that one person could vote LWPP.

The jurors don't decide LWOP vs LWPP...that is up to Judge Stephens. In Arizona, it will be LWOP or Life with possible release after 25 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deborah_Swell