VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you Ziggy. The way Nurmi kept hammering that each person would decide, made me think he was attempting to sway the one juror he needed to hang the jury. I'd like to think that it would be a unanimous DP or LWOP, but the chance does exist that one person could vote LWPP.

Wait...they get 3 choices...DP, LWOP, LWP??? I thought the jury decided it was DP or no DP. Then, if they can't decide, the Judge decides on LWOP (or LWP). Help! I'm confused.

That's how I took it too. That she wouldn't have not killed him but would do it over again and do a better job at not getting caught. I assure you at least one, if not more, jurors will take it the same way.

Surely do hope you're right, JSR.

Can it be the most persuasive ones, please?

Is it me or did CMJA go out of her way to never utter the 2 words I'M SORRY? :thinking:

Nope, not just you. She has done everything in her power not to say she is sorry. I find that fact fascinating! She lies with such ease and yet she can't make herself tell that lie.

I think this jury is more apt to give her death than the first one. Mainly because they were not subject to her endless talking and shenanigans. They also did not see her even stand up for herself.

I think this is going to be easier for this jury than the first.

Good point!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I honestly think the first jury couldn't agree on death penalty, because they feel like they split the middle, with finding her guilty of Murder 1. I think they could tell themselves that it's okay, we did half the job or, we did give Travis's family what they wanted. Maybe not everything, but at least half of what they asked for.

This time around, the family and the prosecutor is only asking for one thing. It will be much harder to leave that room not returning a DP verdict, if you ask me.

The chance exists that more than one person could vote Life. After all, fully one-third of the first jury did.

ETA: Did the first jury know about the 18 page letter to TA's family? Because I think as awful as that letter is, it might sway some to vote DP.
BBM - No, they held onto it and I believe they weren't ever going to reveal its contents, but the killer and her defense team forced their hand this time around.

I vote for a case of 'frozen shoulder' in her left shoulder.
http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/frozen-shoulder-topic-overview

I'm in the last stage of recovery, it's very painful, and takes many months to heal. Jodi won't be able to write or draw, er trace.

:boohoo:

So sorry you went through that, but sounds promising for Jodie!

LOL, I went from my Verdict Watch screen to actually requesting a case # at work, and I got assigned Case #666!

LMAO - can we tattoo 666 on the voodoo doll????

Wait...they get 3 choices...DP, LWOP, LWP??? I thought the jury decided it was DP or no DP. Then, if they can't decide, the Judge decides on LWOP (or LWP). Help! I'm confused.

No. They are voting for the death penalty alone. If they cannot reach Death penalty It will say.. NO Decision. like last time. But this time the judge will impose sentencing.

You are correct. All they are deciding on life or death. If life, judge picks LWOP or LWP.

What worries me , the jurors never got to see jodie with Juan on cross to show them how she was always trying to play him pretending to be talking about a different time when he caught her in a lie or she would add new details. Would smirk and giggle when she thought she put something over on him. They didn't get to see how cold and calculating she appeared. Then Nurmi was allowed to dwell endlessly on *advertiser censored* and even today implying Travis probably watched much more but deleted it. Smearing Travis over and over. How much did he need out there to cause even one juror to say maybe Travis wasn't such a nice guy to this "snowflake" .
I wish they could've seen her trying to argue law with JSS. Some low-esteem, shrinking wallflower she's not!!

I am still trying to absorb how incredibly offensive today was, and working to figure out why on earth I am surprised at the lengths Nurmi went to in that little speech of his.

When he made the comment about how she was sorry for having to do what she did (or something to that effect), was that in context of murdering Travis, or smearing his name all over the place afterwards?

I want ultimate punishment but I can't help but feel a little sorry for the Arias family, especially her siblings. They didn't sign up for having a murderer for a sister. I do feel for them.

No, her sibs didn't sign up for a murderer sister but they have one, and they will have one forever regardless of what sentence she gets.

887 candles burning strong

916 as of now. Please take a minute to light one for Travis and his Family, and for the Jury to get it done.

Let's get those candles shining for Travis, let's be sure to get at least 1000 before the day is over and hope the verdict will come at the same time.

Justice for Travis is near!
:praying:

ETA: Just a reminder, the candles burn out after 48 hours so we are now down to 900, sorry I keep popping in just to mention the candles, it's just that I feel so helpless and somehow getting 1000 candles lit for Travis today, well, it's the only thing we can control when it comes to this trial, to me, each candle lit is a strike against the DT :angel:

No. They are voting for the death penalty alone. If they cannot reach Death penalty It will say.. NO Decision. like last time. But this time the judge will impose sentencing.

Wow thanks for this,Scarlett. I thought it was,DP,LWOP or LWP . I'm so confused!:gaah:

Last winter, I got frozen shoulder in my left shoulder, did PT and was recovered by fall. This winter I got (you guessed it) frozen shoulder in my right shoulder. Still have it. I mean WTF? Degenerative issue? I'm in my 50s.

IDK, I'm older than you, mine started as an ergonomic issue with the computer and the mouse. Like staying in the same position for hours. From this point on I've made it a habit to do flexibility exercises daily. Have to keep the ol' bod moving ;-)

Question for AZL but first I'd like to thank you for answering so many questions during the trial.

My question is assuming that the jury comes back hung, we know that JSS will sentence JA to Life. When JSS actually hands down the sentence, is she allowed/do you think she will say anything to JA about her own personal feelings about the trial i.e. could she say? I find your lack of remorse appalling, I don't for a minute believe the victim was abusive etc.

Thanks in advance.

I honestly think the first jury couldn't agree on death penalty, because they feel like they split the middle, with finding her guilty of Murder 1. I think they could tell themselves that it's okay, we did half the job or, we did give Travis's family what they wanted. Maybe not everything, but at least half of what they asked for.

This time around, the family and the prosecutor is only asking for one thing. It will be much harder to leave that room not returning a DP verdict, if you ask me.
I think the first jury got to spend too much time getting to 'know' the killer from her 18 days on the stand and her pathetic allocution. This jury only saw her in action for less than 2 days on the stand before that abruptly ended last October and she didn't allocute this time. From what was reported via twitter, the jury didn't even look over at her today when Nurmi asked them not to 'kill this girl', so I don't think she has made any sort of 'connection' (for lack of a better word) with this jury. :moo:

Can we quote from Paul's writeup? I forgot.

Nurmi said the Dr G and F diagnosed BPD. I must have missed it....

Hi everyone. Felt so great outside today! Finally warmed up to 30 degrees. Heat wave! So I am back and hear we are in verdict watch. As I was out looking for a new area rug for my living room, and eating a Chick-Fil-A sandwich that I so dearly love, I reminded myself once again that Jodi cannot do these things. She is a relatively young woman who will never eat good food, go out with good friends, feel a mans arms around her (uh, unless there are male guards at Perryville). She cannot own a sweet little dog or cat, cannot have and raise a child, cannot visit her parents ever again. On the other hand, IF she was free, her parents would likely hide from her, she doesn't have the personality to maintain a friendship, she would kick a dog or starve a cat, and she would likely kill a man who dared care for her again. So, I guess it's best that she stay in her so called housing unit. :)

So what's the score? How many believe she will get the DP and how many Life?

P.S. it's not that I am cheerful about this situation. It's just that the trial is OVER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teqtoshi