DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From JEN:

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 10s10 seconds ago

Jury is still at it and will go till around 4:30 today #jodiarias

Personally I don't care if she is sorry. I hope she is, But that doesn't change her punishment.

It matters in that remorse was listed as a mitigating factor, and KN sure tried to convince the jury she is remorseful, but I'm not buying it, and I hope they don't either.

Wow thanks for this,Scarlett. I thought it was,DP,LWOP or LWP . I'm so confused!:gaah:

If you remember last time, They came out and said, No verdict on that count. Basically if they don't vote for death they are voting for life because the judge will decide if it is LWP, or LWOP.

Remember the other theme today was that everybody lies for Travis.
That's an interesting piece of circular reasoning. Everybody lies for Travis because he's dead. They wouldn't lie for him if he was still alive. Only he's not. Because our client killed him. But still . . . . .

Hi everyone. Felt so great outside today! Finally warmed up to 30 degrees. Heat wave! So I am back and hear we are in verdict watch. As I was out looking for a new area rug for my living room, and eating a Chick-Fil-A sandwich that I so dearly love, I reminded myself once again that Jodi cannot do these things. She is a relatively young woman who will never eat good food, go out with good friends, feel a mans arms around her (uh, unless there are male guards at Perryville). She cannot own a sweet little dog or cat, cannot have and raise a child, cannot visit her parents ever again. On the other hand, IF she was free, her parents would likely hide from her, she doesn't have the personality to maintain a friendship, she would kick a dog or starve a cat, and she would likely kill a man who dared care for her again. So, I guess it's best that she stay in her so called housing unit. :)

So what's the score? How many believe she will get the DP and how many Life?

P.S. it's not that I am cheerful about this situation. It's just that the trial is OVER!

I think she will get life.

IDK, I'm older than you, mine started as an ergonomic issue with the computer and the mouse. Like staying in the same position for hours. From this point on I've made it a habit to do flexibility exercises daily. Have to keep the ol' bod moving ;-)

Hmmm could be, I do work at computer a lot, but yes, as soon as this one is healed, I will keep up with exercises to help. My PT said it appeared to start with a rotator cuff injury, but I didn't do anything to specifically cause that type of injury.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 2m 2 minutes ago
Jury is still at it and will go till around 4:30 today #jodiarias

I am still trying to absorb how incredibly offensive today was, and working to figure out why on earth I am surprised at the lengths Nurmi went to in that little speech of his.

When he made the comment about how she was sorry for having to do what she did (or something to that effect), was that in context of murdering Travis, or smearing his name all over the place afterwards?

Neither; it was getting caught.

Keep in mind the following:

Regardless of the verdict, and even if it is DP, Arias will not actually be executed. She will die in prison. No woman has been executed in AZ in over 80 years. There are well over 100 people ahead in line for execution.

So, in essence, it will be "LWOP" even if she gets a DP sentence. The *only* difference is whether she will be housed in one place in the prison or another place. That's it. This impending sentence is mostly symbolic when all is said and done.

Yes, I know how important the DP is for the family as well as many following the trial. But she's not going to get executed and she will most likely die of natural causes, exactly the same if she gets LWOP. That's the reality here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_executed_in_Arizona

I've never been one for the death penalty. This case has certainly changed my mind on that. Please let there be Justice for Travis and his Family. <3

Thanks Ziggy can't believe I forgot that one. All the people lying for him must have put me in a fog.

It's OK. Your fog is not your fault. Clearly you just don't realize you too have been abused by Travis. Somehow. Maybe because he watched *advertiser censored*.

The jury in the "American Sniper" trial came back with a verdict in less than three hours after they got the case (yesterday).

But that's Texas~~(this trial wouldn't have lasted this long there!!!) And this is Arizona. I wish it were texas

I'm going to hold out hope that they are "reasonably close" to a verdict late in the day, and maybe decided to order dinner in and pound it out tonight. Just hoping!!!!

Question for AZL but first I'd like to thank you for answering so many questions during the trial.

My question is assuming that the jury comes back hung, we know that JSS will sentence JA to Life. When JSS actually hands down the sentence, is she allowed/do you think she will say anything to JA about her own personal feelings about the trial i.e. could she say? I find your lack of remorse appalling, I don't for a minute believe the victim was abusive etc.

Thanks in advance.

I sure hope JSS will give her a verbal smackdown when she sentences her. Despite what the doubters here thought, JSS has never been on Jodi's side. She's seen evidence we haven't. Yes she gave the DT wide latitude, she had to. She'd do the same for any defendant facing the Death Penalty. It will all be worth it when the jury returns a verdict of Death. Let's hope it's today!

If the jury doesn't decide death for JA.....How long can Sherry stall before deciding on the sentence? Jodi will stay where she is til that happens, right? Will Nurmi/JW be able to argue for LWPP?

HLN is just about to talk about the trial now, they said there would be live reporting from the courthouse.

ETA: That was a waste of time. JC reminded me why she got on my nerves when she said KN was effective and made no mention of Juan :gaah:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deborah_Swell