VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this jury is more apt to give her death than the first one. Mainly because they were not subject to her endless talking and shenanigans. They also did not see her even stand up for herself.

I think this is going to be easier for this jury than the first.

She had two days secret testimony right? And to me it seems they did the whole trial almost all over again.. The only good news is she's already been found guilty and it's been determined already that what she did was heinous so hoping that makes giving her the dp that much easier

I'm going to hold out hope that they are "reasonably close" to a verdict late in the day, and maybe decided to order dinner in and pound it out tonight. Just hoping!!!!

I hear you except they already gave their schedule- they will quit at 4:30 and no deliberating on Friday. BUT here's to hoping:).

That's an interesting piece of circular reasoning. Everybody lies for Travis because he's dead. They wouldn't lie for him if he was still alive. Only he's not. Because our client killed him. But still . . . . .

And nobody's saying Travis is a bad guy.......but she had to kill him because he's such a bad guy.

It's OK. Your fog is not your fault. Clearly you just don't realize you too have been abused by Travis. Somehow. Maybe because he watched *advertiser censored*.

Dang I knew it, thanks hope

Keep in mind the following:

Regardless of the verdict, and even if it is DP, Arias will not actually be executed. She will die in prison. No woman has been executed in AZ in over 80 years. There are well over 100 people ahead in line for execution.

So, in essence, it will be "LWOP" even if she gets a DP sentence. The *only* difference is whether she will be housed in one place in the prison or another place. That's it. This impending sentence is mostly symbolic when all is said and done.

Yes, I know how important the DP is for the family as well as many following the trial. But she's not going to get executed and she will most likely die of natural causes, exactly the same if she gets LWOP. That's the reality here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_executed_in_Arizona

The only thing that bothers me with LWOP is that eventually with good time served she can socialize with others and work.
For whatever reason, i want her to be doing hard time....the hardest.

Can we quote from Paul's writeup? I forgot.

Nurmi said the Dr G and F diagnosed BPD. I must have missed it....

IIRC, Samuels kept tweaking his findings, re-scoring results from answers written on separate lined paper (not the actual test answer sheets due to his own Cheapskate Syndrome) to 'find' a PTSD dx, but Dr. DeMarte was the psychologist who dx'd Borderline Personality Disorder.

True, because otherwise she looks lovely... :gaah:

Also... JA's mom's demeanor for this entire trial astounds me. She seems absolutely chill
with her daughter being a murderess. Never even a furrowed brow.
One heckuva family...

JA's mom definitely has a face just made for poker.

Keep in mind the following:

Regardless of the verdict, and even if it is DP, Arias will not actually be executed. She will die in prison. No woman has been executed in AZ in over 80 years. There are well over 100 people ahead in line for execution.

So, in essence, it will be "LWOP" even if she gets a DP sentence. The *only* difference is whether she will be housed in one place in the prison or another place. That's it. This impending sentence is mostly symbolic when all is said and done.

Yes, I know how important the DP is for the family as well as many following the trial. But she's not going to get executed and she will most likely die of natural causes, exactly the same if she gets LWOP. That's the reality here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_executed_in_Arizona

Aw come on. Let's don't get all bogged down in reality. People can dream!!!

Just thinking ~ I may be able to give a killer a pass for sneaking into town, breaking into a house, shooting, stabbing & slashing someone, then sneaking back out of town, if that someone had molested or murdered the killer's child.

"I think I'm smart & pretty & want this man's standing in the community, popularity, financial stability, worked hard to look like a Godly person while I hooked him with no-limits sex play & I'll be darned if I'll sit by while he takes another woman to the Bahamas." does not justify a killing.

She had two days secret testimony right? And to me it seems they did the whole trial almost all over again.. The only good news is she's already been found guilty and it's been determined already that what she did was heinous so hoping that makes giving her the dp that much easier

Nah. Not at all the same thing. And she never came back.
The point is that She butchered him. Nothing she can say can change that. There was no He chased me around and was going to kill me, AND she never got up in her own defense to beg for her life. That matters.

AZL . . . . would you be willing to pick this case up for appeal if she is given the DP?

what do you think of Nurmi's epic defense given their prediction that the DT was going to be scrutinized forever?

1. No.

2. I think Nurmi did a good job of making sure her petition for ineffective assistance of counsel will fail. He did everything she asked him to do this time. He trashed the victim, he used Mark McWitness1, he got her a closed courtroom for as long as he could manage it--everything.

Question for AZL but first I'd like to thank you for answering so many questions during the trial.

My question is assuming that the jury comes back hung, we know that JSS will sentence JA to Life. When JSS actually hands down the sentence, is she allowed/do you think she will say anything to JA about her own personal feelings about the trial i.e. could she say? I find your lack of remorse appalling, I don't for a minute believe the victim was abusive etc.

Thanks in advance.

JSS can make comments if she wants to, yes, to explain why she is choosing LWOP instead of life with the theoretical possibility of release in 25 years.

Nurmi lies. PTSD only.

I think Paul just gets the details wrong a lot. I don't think Nurmi said his experts diagnosed JA with BPD.

Hmmm could be, I do work at computer a lot, but yes, as soon as this one is healed, I will keep up with exercises to help. My PT said it appeared to start with a rotator cuff injury, but I didn't do anything to specifically cause that type of injury.

I didn't have an injury either. But I'll never forget this & plan not to have it again! I learned a lot about my body though, and I've started horseback riding again after 35 years - I'm getting back in shape...:treadmill:

Just thinking ~ I may be able to give a killer a pass for sneaking into town, breaking into a house, shooting, stabbing & slashing someone, then sneaking back out of town, if that someone had molested or murdered the killer's child.

"I think I'm smart & pretty & want this man's standing in the community, popularity, financial stability, worked hard to look like a Godly person while I hooked him with no-limits sex play & I'll be darned if I'll sit by while he takes another woman to the Bahamas." does not justify a killing.

What about the *advertiser censored* and dv ? ( sarcasm )

916 as of now. Please take a minute to light one for Travis and his Family, and for the Jury to get it done.

Let's get those candles shining for Travis, let's be sure to get at least 1000 before the day is over and hope the verdict will come at the same time.

Justice for Travis is near!
:praying:

web address please

I honestly don't mind what she gets. The solitary will drive her even more crazy either way. In some ways I want her to get LWOP as it means the Alexanders won't have to deal with the appeals. They deserve this to be over. I know they want the DP but LWOP would see her die in prison anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bshie