VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The most important and momentous thing has already happened-she was convicted of 1st degree murder. She ain't nevah goin nowhere.

Her DT was a monumental FAIL! They carried on for months and let her babble for 18 days and she got convicted on the most serious charge. Whatever her sentence-society already won.

And, as to sentence, it's a toss up. The DP will place certain restrictions on her but it will also give her an appellate team with which to throw JSS, her DT, and the prosecutor under the bus. So, she continues to get access to the system and could even get a new trial. I can hear the argument now. My DT was incompetent-they let me sit on the stand and talk for 18 days. What kind of competent attorney would allow that? They insisted on talking about *advertiser censored*, instead of my mental illness. It could work. I know I've never seen a murder defense that made less sense. I never want to see this trial done over-that I know.

And people on death row attract followers. She already has a decent share of the nut population and death row will only "enhance" her image.

And, if she gets Life. Then no one funds her appeals. She'll have to rely on her followers for nickels and dimes to fund her "Quest for Freedom". I don't see the Innocence Project knocking on her door. And she'll be segregated for the first few years and have little contact with others.

With either sentence, she loses. She has already lost. Her time in the sun is over. She goes away and they shut the door and everyone else goes on with their lives. That's her punishment. It's not like she'll ever be put to death so it's just a few minor differences in actual circumstances. With DP she gets some extra funding, lawyers, attention. With Life, she gets nothing but won't be secluded on death row.

I don't know which is "worse". They are both really really bad! And that is justice.

So, today, I rejoice and remember how much justice has already been done. How we got the murder one conviction despite a foreman who fell for Jodi's shtick. That was hardly a sure thing. But it was the most important thing. And it already happened.

So, life or death, her life is over. As it should be. Justice has already been done.

HLN is covering Arias with Casarez right now.

A lady at Subway told us that Jean was set up around the corner in the courtyard where HLN did their broadcast for the first trial. I didn't go over because I'm headed home to take care of the hubby. Tammy has quite a bit of footage of me being interviewed that she will release after the verdict because it is interspersed with actual footage from the trial.

Serious question. Not snark. Does anyone here think it even remotely possible that one or more jurors will think Travis was a pedophile? If not, does anyone here think that any juror will vote for life, knowing that she accused the man she murdered of being a pedophile?

Wonder if any of the jurors are "Big Bang Theory" fans. Watched an old episode on Monday where Howard's all cool about catching his (little bitty) wife in a lie, because he knows she'll dress up like a Catholic schoolgirl to make it up to him.

As a former Catholic schoolgirl, yes, I'm a bit skeeved. But it is what it is, a cultural meme, and Nurm's outrage is ridiculously overwrought.

Then again, he's got nothing else.

Here's the latest article from the defense :cheer:

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer · 35s35 seconds ago

Jury starts deliberating in Jodi Arias sentencing retrial

http://azc.cc/1Bv5DM8 via @azcentral

From the article:

Except for a jury verdict, the Jodi Arias sentencing retrial is over.
Defense attorney Kirk Nurmi wrapped up his closing arguments shortly before noon Wednesday, putting the fate of Arias, 34, in the hands of 12 jurors who sat through five months of testimony.

Link: http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...g-retrial-jury-starts-deliberations/24004665/

Serious question. Not snark. Does anyone here think it even remotely possible that one or more jurors will think Travis was a pedophile? If not, does anyone here think that any juror will vote for life, knowing that she accused the man she murdered of being a pedophile?

No. I don't. I think they will take it for what it is a hail mary by a psycho.

sorry if this is redundant; Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 8m8 minutes ago

Going live online right now. Log on here: http://youtu.be/XrpbpAtGE9Y Will answer as many #JodiArias questions as I can. Go now.

I don't think so. The defense tactics were so slimy and desperate, I think the jurors will see the pedophile claims as just another pathetic trashing of the actual victim: Travis Alexander.

MOO

Ugh that's not good they will need one good note taker to help them remember certain testimony.

On the other hand, a chronic note taker can be a nuissance with the tangling of facts.

It would have been awesome if Juan showed pictures of Manson, Scott Peterson, and Gacy as children.

Everyone was once a child.. That does not matter. What she did was horrible. The crime scene photos show a man butchered. We know that she had to attack fast and hard to be able to get the upper hand on Travis and even when he could have killed her to save himself, He didn't. He didn't fight back as hard as he could have. IMO.

And nobody's saying Travis is a bad guy.......but she had to kill him because he's such a bad guy.

I'm hoping those eight women on the jury have had actual boyfriends that actually did some bad stuff so they will laugh at Jodis excuses as to why Travis had to be killed.. And I can almost guarantee the men on the jury already know they would be death sentenced by Jodi for their imperfections. Cause I'm sure they're nothing perfect either so they be deserving of being killed by their gfs etc.. Using the dt logic.. I'd say they should be the first ones to see how jacked up that thinking is and decide that maybe Jodi needs a dose of her own medicine for a change.

They need to take Jean Casarez off the air. She actually said how effective it was to point out nurmi's move of putting up the pic of J and Travis and saying she was who he loved. He just could never leave her. WTH

I now longer like any of the on-air talking heads. I get the feeling they almost all have hidden agenda...well except for Troy Hayden, I think he's the one that Jodi called a hater.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28EpBe6XRpg

Hi everyone. Felt so great outside today! Finally warmed up to 30 degrees. Heat wave! So I am back and hear we are in verdict watch. As I was out looking for a new area rug for my living room, and eating a Chick-Fil-A sandwich that I so dearly love, I reminded myself once again that Jodi cannot do these things. She is a relatively young woman who will never eat good food, go out with good friends, feel a mans arms around her (uh, unless there are male guards at Perryville). She cannot own a sweet little dog or cat, cannot have and raise a child, cannot visit her parents ever again. On the other hand, IF she was free, her parents would likely hide from her, she doesn't have the personality to maintain a friendship, she would kick a dog or starve a cat, and she would likely kill a man who dared care for her again. So, I guess it's best that she stay in her so called housing unit. :)

So what's the score? How many believe she will get the DP and how many Life?

P.S. it's not that I am cheerful about this situation. It's just that the trial is OVER!

I Vote DP. Thanks for taking the words right out of my head.:):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamapple