VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hayden says the Jury can deliberate all weekend long if they want. There are no rules there. I would so want to just get it done.

Serious question. Not snark. Does anyone here think it even remotely possible that one or more jurors will think Travis was a pedophile? If not, does anyone here think that any juror will vote for life, knowing that she accused the man she murdered of being a pedophile?

I think the pedo lie just might be the thing that pushes the jury to vote death. What an evil thing to say about someone, especially when they can't defend themselves because you already killed them horribly.

Wonder if any of the jurors are "Big Bang Theory" fans. Watched an old episode on Monday where Howard's all cool about catching his (little bitty) wife in a lie, because he knows she'll dress up like a Catholic schoolgirl to make it up to him.

As a former Catholic schoolgirl, yes, I'm a bit skeeved. But it is what it is, a cultural meme, and Nurm's outrage is ridiculously overwrought.

Then again, he's got nothing else.

I wonder if any of the jurors like sex? :rolleyes: Nurmi's little "no one says these things" speech might fall a little flat.

I now longer like any of the on-air talking heads. I get the feeling they almost all have hidden agenda...well except for Troy Hayden, I think he's the one that Jodi called a hater.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28EpBe6XRpg

Ryan Owens was the hater.
He asked Jodi, "No one believes a word out of your mouth. Why do you keep talking?" 2m34s
[video=youtu;-gjmW7s4veM]http://youtu.be/-gjmW7s4veM?t=2m34s[/video]

It would have been awesome if Juan showed pictures of Manson, Scott Peterson, and Gacy as children.

Everyone was once a child.. That does not matter. What she did was horrible. The crime scene photos show a man butchered. We know that she had to attack fast and hard to be able to get the upper hand on Travis and even when he could have killed her to save himself, He didn't. He didn't fight back as hard as he could have. IMO.

He wouldn't have been allowed to do that, but I bet you $100 one of the jurors says something during deliberations like "Ted Bundy was a kid once too." As I mentioned yesterday, many times the jurors say things to one another that the lawyers were not able to say.

I cannot for the life of me stay caught up. It took me until 12:45 to catch up from yesterday's thread! So of course I was behind again today since trial started at 11:30 for me. Just took a shower and ya'll are already on page 7. I have a Dr.'s appointment in 25 minutes :gaah:

Thanks to all who tweeted today! My thanks button has a mind of it's own, and I don't have the patience to refresh after each post. If you posted and I didn't thank you, it wasn't for lack of me trying!!! My button CHOOSES who I can thank :smile:

Gotta go and I.don't.want.to!

Oh, HLN is discussing the sniper trial ~ I wish they would at least have a verdict box on the bottom of the screen.....but noooooooooooooo Somebody needs to tell Arias that she is NOT relevant anymore . She absolutely could have gave her little presentation or even testified in open court cause nobody cares anymore. I bet she'll be looking for MK right now, because she's wanting to do an interview. Oh my bad. I forgot the camera's and people make her too nervous. Gotta go, Frigga, save me a seat!!!!!

I absolutely will!

I can hardly believe we put ourselves through this- again. But here we are and it is almost over.

Praying this time the jury gets it right, at least the last jury did in the most important phase- right?

Serious question. Not snark. Does anyone here think it even remotely possible that one or more jurors will think Travis was a pedophile? If not, does anyone here think that any juror will vote for life, knowing that she accused the man she murdered of being a pedophile?

I can't imagine any of them will think so, no. They'll (hopefully) see it for what it is, a self serving attempt to save her skin while devaluing her victim a bit more.

I think a few may start out with Life, and after discussion will have whatever mitigators are leading them to that broken down and they will change their vote.

Really, she's got nothing legitimate.

Gross. I do not want to hear about how much the other inmates love Jodi. Gross. Gross. Gross.

I'm sure AZL can explain this better than I can but I believe that the appeal that would be automatic for her if she receives the DP will require little to no input from her. So she will not be centre stage during that mandatory appeal process.

Now if she receives life and has to pay for an appeal or go with a public defender, then it gives her and her supporters reason to keep her in the public eye forever. Not to mention the visitation rules will be much more relaxed meaning she can continue to manipulate her minions from inside prison walls. And gather some more who will carry on her work when they are released.

DP verdict will likely silence her much better than LWOP.

MOO

If she's in max or special management, I believe the visitation rules are the same as for death row. She would get more visitation for good behavior, but not for some years.

These are the rules: https://corrections.az.gov/sites/default/files/0911.pdf p. 28

By the way, this document is fascinating reading, including the dress code for visitors.

Don't you think the jurors will be eager to spend some time just discussing this circus?
After so many months of having to be silent, I would be itching to dish. I would attack that packet of her testimony from the guilt phase.

I would NOT listen to that &*!^ing sex tape though.

Ryan Owens was the hater.
He asked Jodi, "No one believes a word out of your mouth. Why do you keep talking?"

BBM

"Because you keep putting microphones in my face. Not that I mind, of course!"

Remember?

[video=youtube;HaJmaW6YxuE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaJmaW6YxuE[/video]

I missed the whole day!!!!
I won't ask everything that went on, just a few questions.
How long was Nurmi's 2nd close today? (I am sure it was as nasty as can be)
When did the jury get the case?
Thoughts or opinions about what happened today?
I was at work and my tablet stopped working...I've been in the dark all day!!:gaah:
Any pix of CMJA? Was she wacking out?
Thanks so much in advance!!!
I can't believed this happened today of all days...:tantrum:

You didn't miss much. Nurmi trashing TA again. I stepped away from my mac during this time.

Quick jury instructions, and jury in deliberation since 11:45AM AZ time.

To be honest, I don't think that anyone who cannot make the decision to vote for death will make this connection. I don't think a vote for life will be anything more than someone who just can't vote for death, even if they thought they could. Or they had an agenda from the beginning.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member