VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't anyone on the jury would think he was a pedo... Because there was nothing to support that but Jodi's own words and Juan did a fabulous job at showing what a liar she is and that you can't believe a think that comes out of her trap. If I was on the jury and there was no factual evidence to support it... I'd be pretty ticked off. She claimed to love travis (you don't slaughter someone you love) but accuses him of something so nasty... I'd be pissed.
ETA: if he really was a pedo... Where are the kids he went after? There are none. No inappropriate behavior or touching... Nothing! He was not a pedo.

Yeah, I know he couldn't. It is a shame though.. Did he show pics of Travis as a child? Or younger?

I don't think he did, and someone mentioned yesterday, I wish he would have posted some happy pictures of Travis and his family/siblings.

He couldn't. One of the things the jury is not allowed to consider is the value of the life that was taken. He could only try to get that in through various doors opened by the defense.

But as I've said before, the jury will absolutely consider the value of the life taken, because it's only human to think about that.

Respectfully snipped. ITA. As someone who is not especially "sold" on the DP, this did it for me. And that LKN brought up the email to a 9 year old girl today ... WTH?

AZL: If you had to guess, how much of the Defense strategy was driven by JA and how much by LKN?

Yesterday's LKN closing was reasonable and approachable, emphasizing JA's psych disorder/mental illness. Today's was (IMO) right back to the carp we've heard ever since the first trial; it sounded far more "Jodi-esque." What's your take?

I think the original penalty phase was driven by KN. JA, as we know, was super-ticked off that he didn't do anything she wanted. This time, I think KN did his best in his first closing considering the pile of carp he had to work with. My guess is that the reason JA was crying was because he didn't say the things she thought were important. So he threw in the towel for the rebuttal.

Just guessing, of course.

"Nobody from the defense said he was a bad guy! We simply are saying He abused poor Jodi was a pedobear child molester in the works and a *advertiser censored* watcher. He was loved by many including her *points to Jodi* she just feels awful for the event. But we never said he was a bad guy!"

I guess that's all technically true. They called him everything else but bad.

I think the fact that JA did not subject herself to cross examination, did not ask for forgiveness herself, was a proven liar, the ridiculous blabbering of the defense "experts", how KN kept going back & forth between JD being biased yet using her diagnosis (okay?), and the adding the pedo accusations to the mix. Then seeing those autopsy photos. That's a lot to entertain. I really don't see how anyone could not vote death. You would have to be voting from your feelings of guilt (of saying someone deserves to die).

And I forgot to mention that horrible letter she sent to the Alexanders. That letter alone would do it for me.

Yes one of the most ridiculous parts of this defense is the talking out of both sides of their mouth when it comes to Demarte. You can trust her when it hurts us but trust her when it helps us. Copping her diagnosis and analysis for themselves when it suits them then accusing her of being a shill for the state. And saying she is biased and discounts what doesn't help her yet brought up things that were more helpful than hurtful to Jodi in an effort to be truthful and thorough. If she was so biased she would never have brought up the childhood molestation and abuse and left them out there as truth, she would have done as the defense experts did and said it never happened even though she had no evidence either way that it did or did not happen.

So Troy Hayden is killing time on the FOX10 livestream YouTube channel, and he just told the story about how he got the Jodi interview after the original verdict.

Troy went to Estrella Jail to do a story unrelated to Jodi: spending a night with the women inmates. While there, Troy found out Jodi was staying there. Troy entered the pod JA was in, and upon seeing Troy and his camera, JA FREAKED OUT and screamed at Troy to leave. It was so bad, jail security had to remove Jodi from the pod.

Troy then started filming his story about the Estrella women inmates. From afar, JA saw the cameras, and decided she wanted to be a part of it (surprise!). JA sang for Troy (the National Anthem) and made small talk. As Troy was leaving the jail, JA approached Troy and said if he promised not to use the footage of her (assuming she was sans makeup), she would give him a post-verdict exclusive.

TA ~ My mistake. It was Ryan Owens' interview that JA said that, not Troy.
JA said in the interview "I didn't know you were a HATER :giggle:

Haha Sorry didn't mean to quote myself. stupid tapatalk lol

I agree this case is definitely one where the death penalty is appropriate. For me, it was the despicable defense tactic of trashing the victim over and over and over, up to and including closing argument in the final phase.

However, one mitigator that would help me vote for Life instead of Death is remorse. Now, don't get me wrong--that doesn't apply to Arias because she has never expressed remorse. I am speaking in terms of murder cases where there is actual remorse--I could never vote for death in a case like that.

Arias's defense should have been more about contrition and less blaming Travis. She should get DP because of her defense tactics and no real mitigators. That doesn't mean she will, though. There are too many chances of a stealth juror and I am already getting ready emotionally in the event we have one (again).

I think she deserves the DP for two reasons, the first being the extremely horrible crime AND 2nd, the defense tactics. If they get hung up on the garbage KN and JW spewed and can't decide on the DP, I'm quite sure JSS will give CMJA Life without Parole because she knows even more than we know and I believe she is as sick of it--JA, KN and JW--as we are and I believe she know exactly what CMJA is and what CMJA could do in the future. We may not understand why JSS did what she did during the trial, but I do believe she is smarter than some of us have given her credit. I'm sure she understands how dangerous CMJA is.

ETA: if he really was a pedo... Where are the kids he went after? There are none. No inappropriate behavior or touching... Nothing! He was not a pedo.

There was that one 9-year-old girl. He got her name and sent her an invitation to join PPL. :rolleyes:

And that little nameless boy wearing underwear when Travis was dressed as a priest...Travis chased him around with a Bible, remember? :rolleyes:

I'm lost as to who Pat is in the cast of characters. Can't seem to remember Pat?

I'm sorry HM ~ She has nothing to do with this trial. I was making a joke.
Pat was a character on SNL
You can google her/him :giggle:

Actually he said that when you are in the room with her that you can tell she is really really not right. That she has weird reactions to things, and will be crying or mad and then immediately start smiling. He said that when you are with her you can just tell something is wrong with her.

He is saying alot. And, that's what I heard and stood out for me.

oh boy, sounds like Hayden is against the DP, although he doesn't directly admit it. . Wondering if this tends to be the trend in AZ?

Zervakos certainly perverted justice, but KCL says Maricopa County jurors will vote for the DP, and Katie's a local.

I'll have to defer to her.

There was that one 9-year-old girl. He got her name and sent her an invitation to join PPL. :rolleyes:

And that little nameless boy wearing underwear when Travis was dressed as a priest...Travis chased him around with a Bible, remember? :rolleyes:
The 9 year old that was spam.... Lololol. This whole thing has raised my blood pressure. I need another wooooosaw moment lol.

Brings a new meaning to Bible thumper... Lol (no disrespect meant!!!)

[video=youtube;m2AXYd4LEXM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2AXYd4LEXM[/video]

Dead serious. He went there to film something else and ended up with Jodi. That is exactly what happened. Too funny. and weird.

wonder if she expects the same carry on after this verdict.
can't wait til the day no media is interested in her at all and we see her once every 10 years to see how horribly she has aged

So they are currently putting together a 1 hour highlight peice of the trial. How is it released so fast.

Is there a list of some sort describing the jury? I remember that people kept saying they were a younger jury. I'm trying to put who is left into perspective knowing who is "out". I think that the sex talk will not work with a younger jury because in this day & age we see so much of it all around us (movies, tv, internet, etc.).

**ETA** No, I do not think older people are prudes or anything like that. I think people as a whole are very desensitized to sex these days.

I'm a baby-boomer and we lived the 'sexual' revolution - I could give the DP to CMJA and sleep very well the same night.

I'll take the bait.

We obviously don't know what each of them will think, but I've wondered how much they wonder about the previous jury's failure to reach consensus.

It shouldn't, but will that knowledge give them pause... second thoughts, perhaps? Will they have a tendency to look for reasonable doubts they believe some of the prior jurors found?

Maybe especially if most or all are DP right from the beginning, I think it would be natural to for them to wonder how in the world the jury who voted her guilty and especially cruel didn't also vote for the DP.

Good thing is I don't think they'll spend a great deal of time wondering about that. They've asked detailed observant questions all along and hung in through a miserable 5 months. I bet they're very ready to discuss their own opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyme.as1