Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 4m4 minutes ago

Next jury question - Is it ok to have a working lunch if everyone is present? Yes #jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 4m4 minutes ago

Is it ok if we have a working lunch if everyone is present...YES #jodiarias #3tvarias

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 3m3 minutes ago

Next jury question - Can we review our notes during breaks or can we only look at them when in session?
Only when in session #jodiarias

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 3m3 minutes ago

#jodiarias leaves the courtroom, shackled and in stripes

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 3m3 minutes ago

Jury isn't in courtroom while this is being asked #jodiarias #3tvarias

So where is the information coming from that a juror wants off? I see we had a few questions, none of which had anything to do with any of them asking to be let go and replaced.

I think with the 'working lunch', they're gonna get this done today.
(I always thought the 'replace me with an alternate rumor' was just some Imp deliberately causing a ruckus in the courthouse halls.

missed these ones

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 6m 6 minutes ago
Can we individually and silently look at our notes on breaks
Defense says only when deliberating
Pro agrees #jodiarias #3tvarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 7m 7 minutes ago
Jury wants an exhibit list #jodiarias #3tvarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 8m 8 minutes ago
Jodi is here in stripes and shackles #jodiarias #3tvarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 12m 12 minutes ago
Juan, Nurmi and WIllmott are on the phone....Jodi is coming in #jodiarias #3tvarias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 4m4 minutes ago

#jodiarias is OUTTA here #3tvarias

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 4m4 minutes ago

Juan is on his way over to review the redacted exhibit list #jodiarias

To be clear is an exhibit list a list with all the numbered items entered into evidence?

Is this trial ever going to end? :banghead:

So where did the rumor about the juror switch start???

Now, here we go with this trial- How/Who started a 'juror wants off' rumor that ends up with-can we work thru lunch? Can we read our notes on break? and we would like an exhibit list? tsk

BK notes now say there were four questions, but only three read...maybe unread question was about juror switch but BK is speculating that issue was taken care of this morning or not being addressed for some other reason at this point.

If there's a mistrial because there aren't 12 jurors, it's all on JSS. She could have sworn in more than the 19 she described as "plenty" 5 mos. ago.

Not to mention she is the major reason this phase has drug on for 5 months. The scheduling, bending over to the defense, redundant testimony, is all on her lack of control of her courtroom.

I don't think refusing to deliberate is grounds for switching out...that's part of the process...no way Nurmi and them would agree to switching out for that reason....a hung jury is a victory for them...and switching to an alternate and a later DP sentence would be grounds for reversal, MOO

I do not believe that replacing a juror at this stage would be grounds for reversal. They have alternates waiting in the wings during deliberations for a reason--anything can happen where a juror might be excused.

Doesn't sound too bad to me.

I wonder who started the rumor about the juror? Ugh. I do believe one juror might be overwhelmed and that is why they asked for specific exhibits? They may have even asked to switch out for another juror who took excellent notes and have NO idea that is not possible. I agree, nothing note-worthy.

AZlawyer just said that is a major problem if that's the case, vs. the one juror ASKING to be excused.

No, she said it's a problem if they asked for a specific alternate. They would have to explain why. A juror asking to be excused is no problem.

BK notes...BOTH things happened. Juror questions AND a juror wanting off and asking for #2

Oh I see that as good. Maybe they feel if they work through lunch they can be done by tonight? Fingers crossed.

Clue me in......

You've probably gotten the gist by now but early word, from court spectators to a reporter was that a juror wanted to be replaced with Alternate #2 and wanted a specific jury instruction page, it turns out they only wanted to know if they could work through lunch and have a redacted exhibit list - oh, and JA wanted to talk to Nurmi in person but he remained on the speaker phone, no idea (yet) if that wish will be granted later or if it was factual.

ETA: They also wanted to know if they could look at their notes during breaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crackerjack82