VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 41

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If she misbehaves she'll get put in solitary even if she had privileges, and she won't get to fraternize with other inmates.

Many are assuming she'll get along with the other killers there and will be warmly welcomed, treated special, and be happy. There's nothing about Perryville to suggest any of that. Perryville =/ Sheriff Joe's little jail setup.

In the end she'll be at Perryville the rest of her natural life.

Sheriff Joe doesn't run Perryville.

Someone posted an article earlier about what life will be life for Jodi. If LWOP, yes she wil get to bunk and fraternize and spend time with other inmates. When Angela Simpson was asked what it was like she said it was good, she was happy because she has her friends/sisters. It's also not only killers hanging out in prison. Jodi will adapt just fine. She was reportedly well liked in jail.

With death, she spends life in solitary, no fraternization, no friends, no girl's nights. A hell of her own making.

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq · 4m4 minutes ago  Phoenix, AZ

"@TrialDiariesJ: Jury wants an exhibit list #jodiarias

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts · 4m4 minutes ago

Jury questions were "can we work through lunch" - yes. And can we look at notes on break - sure. #JodiArias

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq · 3m3 minutes ago  Phoenix, AZ

@TrialDiariesJ: Juan, Nurmi and WIllmott are on the phone....Jodi is coming in #jodiarias

Katie Conner ‏@KatieJConner · 3m3 minutes ago

Answers to juror questions: Jury can work through lunch. Jurors cannot look at notes silently during breaks #JodiArias #abc15

@TrialDiariesJ: Can we individually and silently look at our notes on breaks
Defense says only when deliberating

@TrialDiariesJ: Is it ok if we have a working lunch if everyone is present...YES #jodiarias

Mike Watkiss ‏@mikewatkiss3tv · 3m3 minutes ago

Jury question-can we review notes individually or only while deliberating?-answer: only while deliberating-#jodiarias exits #3tvarias

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 1m1 minute ago
Juan just walked in #jodiarias

Ive said this before, but I have always wondered if the DP jurors think they can really sign a DP form and when it finally gets time to put their name on a form, they find they really cant do it.

I think during jury selection, they need to do a better job of vetting out anybody that cannot sign a DP form.

People think they can, but they cant.

I wonder if that is what went on

Nurmi's crap about "Are you going to kill her over there?" may have gotten to 1 of the jurors

That's what makes me nervous about jury trials in the US.......too many variables as to what "issues" a juror may bring with him/her that could interfere with deliberations. For someone who has never sat on a jury they would not know what to expect until they get in the deliberation room and by then it is too late. JMOO

Well, the case I was almost selected for last fall, a murder trial- I could tell just by looking at the defendant that he was a gang-banger, even though they dressed him in a nice sweater. That was without knowing the specifics of the case. I got excused for personal reasons and I didn't want to do it. Did go home after being excused and researched the case. Months later I checked back- they managed to convict him just fine without me!

Now, here we go with this trial- How/Who started a 'juror wants off' rumor that ends up with-can we work thru lunch? Can we read our notes on break? and we would like an exhibit list? tsk

It's like that camp fire game we played in Girl Scouts: You sit in a circle, and the first person whispers something in the ear of the person to their right, and so on until it gets back to the original "whisperer"...and inevitably what is repeated is not even remotely what was originally said. Something like that? :)

Okay, damn we got some serious jurors, working through lunch with their big steamy bowls of chili. Now, some of you might think this isn't a big deal, but it confirms something I've believed all along.

1)people love a big bowl of chili

And

2)this jury wants this DONE. Which means they're exhausted and frustrated at the delays and time it took. Now if I'm a betting woman (and I am), I bet they know 100% the delays and stall tactics were all the defense. Let's hope they hold it against them.

Sheriff Joe doesn't run Perryville.

Someone posted an article earlier about what life will be life for Jodi. If LWOP, yes she wil get to bunk and fraternize and spend time with other inmates. When Angela Simpson was asked what it was like she said it was good, she was happy because she has her friends/sisters. It's also not only killers hanging out in prison. Jodi will adapt just fine. She was reportedly well liked in jail.

With death, she spends life in solitary, no fraternization, no friends, no girl's nights. A hell of her own making.

I know Joe doesn't run Perryville. That why I used the (not equal to) sign.

No one can know what Jodi's life will feel like at Perryville or how she'll feel about her circumstances or the people she comes into contact with. People claim they know, but they can't. No one can predict if she'll misbehave, how she'll misbehave. She could end up in a segregated unit if she doesn't follow the rules. It's all unknown. The only certainty is she won't get executed by the state and she won't be released, and she'll die in prison.

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts · 4m4 minutes ago

Jury questions were "can we work through lunch" - yes. And can we look at notes on break - sure. #JodiArias

Katie Conner ‏@KatieJConner · 3m3 minutes ago

Answers to juror questions: Jury can work through lunch. Jurors cannot look at notes silently during breaks #JodiArias #abc15

In the same courtroom yet two different tweets about the same thing. :gaah:

You've probably gotten the gist by now but early word, from court spectators to a reporter was that a juror wanted to be replaced with Alternate #2 and wanted a specific jury instruction page, it turns out they only wanted to know if they coudl work through lunch and have a redacted exhibit list - oh, and JA wanted to talk to Nurmi in person but he remained on the speaker phone, no idea (yet) if that wish will be granted later or if it was factual.

No, I was asking about why no worry about skittery juror. Her wanting off isn't a rumor, but maybe the issue is resolved?

More Tweets:

Beth Karas ‏@BethKaras · 2m2 minutes ago

Jurors in #jodiarias are working hard on day 2 of deliberations.
They just asked if they can work through lunch.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 1m1 minute ago

Juan just walked in #jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 1m1 minute ago

Juan is here to go over that exhibit list the jury wants #jodiarias #3tvarias

Dave Erickson ‏@ericksonvision · 54s55 seconds ago

“@courtchatter: Juan is on his way over to review the redacted exhibit list #jodiarias”

AZlawyer just said that is a major problem if that's the case, vs. the one juror ASKING to be excused.

She just said it's a problem if they asked for a specific juror as a group, to be an alternate, not if they are reporting a refusal to deliberate. She didn't say snytbjnt aboit that bun I believe I read somewhere that if the jury feels that there is a problem juror who refuses to deliberate they Report that. It's of course up to the judge to decide if it's a real problem. That's just something else. She also said a juror asking off isn't big deal.

Wonder why a redacted exhibit list?

Is it because some are "sealed?" (You know, super secret?)

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 34s 34 seconds ago
Juan is here to go over that exhibit list the jury wants #jodiarias #3tvarias

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 32s32 seconds ago
Jury has walked out on morning break. #jodiarias

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics