VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 41

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She just said it's a problem if they asked for a specific juror as a group, to be an alternate, not if they are reporting a refusal to deliberate. She didn't say snytbjnt aboit that bun I believe I read somewhere that if the jury feels that there is a problem juror who refuses to deliberate they Report that. It's of course up to the judge to decide if it's a real problem. That's just something else. She also said a juror asking off isn't big deal.

Agree with you she said that...but added If the request is just coming from the one juror who wants to be excused, it is not as much of a problem as if the request is from the whole jury.

Others were talking about wanting the juror off if she was refusing to deliberate with them..that's the angle I was talking about.

No worries, sounds like it's not an issue, or if it were, judge probably told them no go and to get back to work.

Hope (I quoted you but it didn't show up) - I don't think there is a skittery juror, think it was just a bad wire in the spectator-to-media telephone game.
From what I can surmise from the tweets in the Sidebar thread, Cathy from CourtChatter was the first to report that a juror wanted to switch with an alternate, then everybody else just ran with it. I don't know where she got her information, but she was wrong. Trial by tweet is annoying. People need to stop and think about what they are tweeting before they hit the send button. She sent all the trial watchers into a panic over nothing. :facepalm:

If she gets DP she gets automatic appeals and taxpayer funded ones at that. In some ways, LWOP is actually a very good outcome.

I could be wrong but if she gets the DP only the first appeal is paid for by the State.

If there's a mistrial because there aren't 12 jurors, it's all on JSS. She could have sworn in more than the 19 she described as "plenty" 5 mos. ago.
Calm down, I know you hate JSS. We still have 2 alternates. I trust in JSS's judgement, it isn't her first trial.:chillout::chillpill:

I hope the replacement juror deal is just a rumor

I know Joe doesn't run Perryville. That why I used the (not equal to) sign.

No one can know what Jodi's life will feel like at Perryville or how she'll feel about her circumstances or the people she comes into contact with. People claim they know, but they can't. No one can predict if she'll misbehave, how she'll misbehave. She could end up in a segregated unit if she doesn't follow the rules. It's all unknown. The only certainty is she won't get executed by the state and she won't be released, and she'll die in prison.

Yeah that wasn't clear. Perryville is reportedly nothing like Estrella so not sure why the equivalency was made.

She seems to behave just fine in jail. She may misbehave at times but that doesn't mean anything really. Again, LWOP and death row are just not the same. They aren't. No amount of speculation will change the fact that they have a different set of circumstances and rules surrounding them.

It's not a certainly she will never be executed, as we've discussed before. It could be decades before they drop the hammer but there is a possibility it will happen. It's the death penalty. If Jodi is 70 before she's executed it could happen.

Hope (I quoted you but it didn't show up) - I don't think there is a skittery juror, think it was just a bad wire in the spectator-to-media telephone game.

Just reread BK. She said both happened. Nothing infallible about her, but she's not real rumor-prone. She added that there were 4 questions from jury. It's possible that juror wanting to off was 1 of those. Until and unless I read verified info no juror wanted off, I am totally not OK with the idea of a reluctant and likely Life vote juror being forced to remain.

Katie Conner ‏@KatieJConner · 1m1 minute ago
Jury asked if they can work during lunch for #JodiaArias #abc15

Okay, well that's a good sign that they want to continue, despite whatever's going on.

I could be wrong but if she gets the DP only the first appeal is paid for by the State.

Everything will be paid for by the taxpayers of AZ. She is indigent. Turns out the murderbilia art biz is not paydirt.

OK so # 2 juror that was dismissed wanted to be an alternate so that's what that was about and she was told too bad #jodiarias #3tvarias

From what I can surmise from the tweets in the Sidebar thread, Cathy from CourtChatter was the first to report that a juror wanted to switch with an alternate, then everybody else just ran with it. I don't know where she got her information, but she was wrong. Trial by tweet is annoying. People need to stop and think about what they are tweeting before they hit the send button. She sent all the trial watchers into a panic over nothing. :facepalm:

My understanding is there were four jury questions, three just answered by judge in open court, not sure the order but 1. question re exhibit; 2. can they work through lunch; 3. can they read/review notes during breaks or only when all jurors are present; 4. unknown, not asked or answered in open court.... that fourth question could be regarding the juror or it could be totally unrelated....

Jurors are wanting to know if they can have working lunches, asking to look at exhibits. This is all good. Means they are building comraderie and trust. I believe they will be unified. We know they didn't like Geffner. How hard a jump would it be to dislike Fonseca and Nurmi?

I'd love for the foreperson to ask JM to help them, because they're having trouble locating Geffner's "puzzle".

I sincerely hope that the :drama: over a juror possibly asking to be let off the case was an unsubstantiated rumor.

The jurors are working through lunch.... I smell a verdict soon!!!!

Everything will be paid for by the taxpayers of AZ. She is indigent. Turns out the murderbilia art biz is not paydirt.

Not all her appeals. She gets one if she gets the Death penalty. Then she has to figure out the rest and beg for the court to approve an appeal after that.

Maybe the crock pot juror gave the jurors a Mexican dish, and they requested a 15 minute break so they could all go off running to the bathroom singing "Lacucaracha" on the way. (just kidding) :)

Calm down, I know you hate JSS. We still have 2 alternates. I trust in JSS's judgement, it isn't her first trial.:chillout::chillpill:

No but it's her first DP case, and it's obvious. We also know you are her biggest supporter, but criticism of her handling of this case is fair game, as with all the major parties involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarmenSanDiego314