VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 41

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
as per BK The exhibit list given to the jury is for both trials--guilt phase and this retrial.

I didn't know they got both.

They better offer up a super silly, reasonable reason like, " oh well I thought it's 'chronological',

:gaah:

Do we have a "ripping out my hair" smiley?????

:seeya: Here ya go :

:pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair:

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 3m 3 minutes ago
OK so # 2 juror that was dismissed wanted to be an alternate so that's what that was about and she was told too bad #jodiarias #3tvarias

Agree with you she said that...but added If the request is just coming from the one juror who wants to be excused, it is not as much of a problem as if the request is from the whole jury.

Others were talking about wanting the juror off if she was refusing to deliberate with them..that's the angle I was talking about.

No worries, sounds like it's not an issue, or if it were, judge probably told them no go and to get back to work.

Right. She is talking abot the request for a specific juror not the request in general.

I am talking specifically abot a refusal to deliberate, which we have no idea is the case. Yes, if a juror refuses to deliberate (not just stuck with their decision but truly refuses) then they can and for them to be let off. This may have nothing to do with this request but I was talking about a refusal to deliberate.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 5m5 minutes ago
OK so # 2 juror that was dismissed wanted to be an alternate so that's what that was about and she was told too bad #jodiarias #3tvarias

From Jen:

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 4m4 minutes ago

OK so # 2 juror that was dismissed wanted to be an alternate
so that's what that was about and she was told too bad #jodiarias #3tvarias

A shout out to all of the 238 guests lurking here!

Welcome to all of the newer members and to those who rarely post!

Sign up and join us while we wait. Tell us those thoughts you have had that you have and not posted!

I don't know if it is possible to switch a juror after deliberations begin just because he/she does not feel like deliberating. I would think there has to be a legitmate reason to do so. We'll wait and see what is going on. AZL may be able to shed some light on this.
Scott Peterson jury...the foreman wouldn't deliberate...he was booted.

BK reported about the juror wanting to switch. I kind of trust her on that one as she speaks to Kiefer, who speaks to MDLR.

IF it's true, it could be as simple as they wanted the notes from the juror who was constantly writing things down. Now, they are asking to see exhibit list because they can't just switch out a juror. I have never been on a jury and maybe some of them have not either. Maybe they had NO clue this wasn't a possibility and asked. How would they know unless they asked? Some might have said it's possible, while others thought it might be. So, they asked the judge. It doesn't mean a particular juror wanted off if they asked for a switch. They are human beings, not professional jurors.

Who the bleep started this rumour anyway? A dismissed juror wanting to be an alternate is so different from a deliberating juror wanting to be replaced by an alternate.

:gaah: :shame: :gaah: :shame:

AZlawyer just said that is a major problem if that's the case, vs. the one juror ASKING to be excused.

No, you misunderstood. What is potentially a major problem would be the jury requesting a specific alternate. They cannot do that! If they are requesting a certain person it might mean they started talking prematurely to know how she's going to vote, and that would be a major no-no.

From Jen:

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 4m4 minutes ago

OK so # 2 juror that was dismissed wanted to be an alternate
so that's what that was about and she was told too bad #jodiarias #3tvarias

Wild About Trial 2 ‏@WildaboutTrial2 24h24 hours ago
Alternate jurors being selected now by staple lady. Juror #2 and #13. #JodiArias

So what is being asked doesn't make sense?

Geez, I get back from the doctors and find this thread moving at a fast pace. I was sure a verdict must be coming in, but alas no. :sigh:

:seeya: IF any Courtroom Tweeters are reading here:

Please, we want a Fashion Report on the Jurors !

Are they dressed up more than usual ?

:tyou:

They're probably all wearing salmon.

Okay, damn we got some serious jurors, working through lunch with their big steamy bowls of chili. Now, some of you might think this isn't a big deal, but it confirms something I've believed all along.

1)people love a big bowl of chili

And

2)this jury wants this DONE. Which means they're exhausted and frustrated at the delays and time it took. Now if I'm a betting woman (and I am), I bet they know 100% the delays and stall tactics were all the defense. Let's hope they hold it against them.

BBM

Agreed. I think the choice of chili might be to speed up a decision. That jury room is gonna fill with farts and everybody will want to get out ASAP. JMO

I also agree with point 2.

Dave Erickson ‏@ericksonvision 2m2 minutes ago
Book deal in jeopardy? "@TrialDiariesJ: So #2 juror that was dismissed wanted to be an alternate so that's what that was about #jodiarias"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
azouheir