DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From Jen:

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 4m4 minutes ago

OK so # 2 juror that was dismissed wanted to be an alternate
so that's what that was about and she was told too bad #jodiarias #3tvarias

Call me really confused what this means!

The jury would already have all exhibits admitted in guilt phase and in this phase. Sealed ones too. They are no doubt asking for the list so they can find the exhibits in the piles stacked up in the room with them! The list would need to be redacted to omit exhibits not admitted.

If the juror replacement request was resolved this quickly, here's my best guess: the jurors were all sitting around saying "I wish we could use juror 2's 15 notebooks!" And one juror volunteered to bow out if juror 2 could be brought in so they could use her notes. This would have been no big deal and the request would simply have been denied.

From what I can surmise from the tweets in the Sidebar thread, Cathy from CourtChatter was the first to report that a juror wanted to switch with an alternate, then everybody else just ran with it. I don't know where she got her information, but she was wrong. Trial by tweet is annoying. People need to stop and think about what they are tweeting before they hit the send button. She sent all the trial watchers into a panic over nothing. :facepalm:

If this is false, it's extremely irresponsible of the reporter to make it public without corroboration. And HOW on earth would she know such a thing if no one else heard it?

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 3m 3 minutes ago
OK so # 2 juror that was dismissed wanted to be an alternate so that's what that was about and she was told too bad #jodiarias #3tvarias
What??? This makes NO sense of a tweet. Juror #2 IS an alternate! She wasn't dismissed!!!!!! Please!

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 5m5 minutes ago
OK so # 2 juror that was dismissed wanted to be an alternate so that's what that was about and she was told too bad #jodiarias #3tvarias

wasn't she already an alternate? i don't get it

Is it possible that the alternate #13 could hve been released as alternate due to family reasons or illness, therefore the active juror would naturally ask for #2? I know I am reaching, but honestly.....i can't. even.....

They wouldn't know if #13 was released since they started deliberating yesterday, and they can't request a specific person, so no.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 5m5 minutes ago

Juror 2 is an alternate so I'm confused about this.

OK which is it? Was juror #2 already dismissed and came back to ask to be an alternate because if Juror #2 is already an alternate, nothing makes sense?

Who the bleep started this rumour anyway? A dismissed juror wanting to be an alternate is so different from a deliberating juror wanting to be replaced by an alternate.

:gaah: :shame: :gaah: :shame:

And who started the bleeping rumor that JSS dismissed the jury for the day???? :gaah:

BK reported about the juror wanting to switch. I kind of trust her on that one as she speaks to Kiefer, who speaks to MDLR.

IF it's true, it could be as simple as they wanted the notes from the juror who was constantly writing things down. Now, they are asking to see exhibit list because they can't just switch out a juror. I have never been on a jury and maybe some of them have not either. Maybe they had NO clue this wasn't a possibility and asked. How would they know unless they asked? Some might have said it's possible, while others thought it might be. So, they asked the judge. It doesn't mean a particular juror wanted off if they asked for a switch. They are human beings, not professional jurors.

But BK said no one from media saw any exchange or question about juror wanting to be switched. She said that came fom a spectator. Rumors abound.

From Pitts:

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts · 3m3 minutes ago

@TrialDiariesJ 2 is an alternate isn't she?

The jury would already have all exhibits admitted in guilt phase and in this phase. Sealed ones too. They are no doubt asking for the list so they can find the exhibits in the piles stacked up in the room with them! The list would need to be redacted to omit exhibits not admitted.

If the juror replacement request was resolved this quickly, here's my best guess: the jurors were all sitting around saying "I wish we could use juror 2's 15 notebooks!" And one juror volunteered to bow out if juror 2 could be brought in so they could use her notes. This would have been no big deal and the request would simply have been denied.

I'm so thankful, glad and honored that you are here AZL :)

I think everyone just needs to calm down... This case is super emotional and we all want the same thing... Justice for TRAVIS.

I'm wondering if the juror requesting to be replaced by #2 could have been volunteering to switch because #2 took such good notes. Maybe the court said we will give you an exhibit list and you won't need to switch with #2.

from bk
When the jury questions were read, the judge referred to four questions but only dealt with three in front of us. I suspect the fourth question was about the deliberating juror wanting to switch with the alternate. That was dealt with earlier this morning and didn't need to be revisited just now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
azouheir