VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 41

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
as per BK - The courtroom is locked, and they are sitting in the hall. Don't know if allowed back in today in the event there are more questions from the jury.

wild is till mia

From Jen:

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 4m4 minutes ago

OK so # 2 juror that was dismissed wanted to be an alternate
so that's what that was about and she was told too bad #jodiarias #3tvarias

This makes absolutely NO sense. Both jurors 2 and 13 are alternates.

It wasn't a rumor. The juror was either told tough luck, stay , or she was replaced by an alternate.

The jury would already have all exhibits admitted in guilt phase and in this phase. Sealed ones too. They are no doubt asking for the list so they can find the exhibits in the piles stacked up in the room with them! The list would need to be redacted to omit exhibits not admitted.

If the juror replacement request was resolved this quickly, here's my best guess: the jurors were all sitting around saying "I wish we could use juror 2's 15 notebooks!" And one juror volunteered to bow out if juror 2 could be brought in so they could use her notes. This would have been no big deal and the request would simply have been denied.

Thanks AZlawyer.... you're the best!

@TrialDiariesJ: OMG this story! Ok a deliberating juror wanted to switch with #2 an alternate. They were told that can't happen #jodiarias #3tvarias

Not a rumor people.

That's not what she said earlier. So frustrating. :(

I made that comment because Estrella jail had more benefits and opportunities for the jailed women, and what Perryville offers will be the real hard core deal.

I agree speculation is not useful, which is why I try to avoid it. Here's what is certain though: she will never be free, she will die in Perryville.

If you do the math and count how many death row prisoners are in line now and see how many have been executed since executions were reinstated in 1976, and consider that no female has been executed in over 80 years, you'll see the odds are not good that she would ever be executed.

What I've read is that Perryville will not be so bad at all. She will have the opportunity for work program, education program, have more open visitation, get to exercise and socialize with the other women. I've read a couple accounts from women who say Perryvile is better than Estrella. Yes, that sheriff is one tough dude. But he has nothing to do with this.

Death row is 23 hour a day solitary, no socializing, no employment or education programs, she will get to go outside alone for a short time and shower and that's it. It is hell. It makes people suicidal.

Will she ever be executed? The odds are in her favor but it is far from a certainty. Even the Alexanders say that it is unlikely. But death row is the harshest punishment out there and that's why they want it. There's no comparing gen pop or death row. It won't be the same deal if she gets life or death.

@TrialDiariesJ: OMG this story! Ok a deliberating juror wanted to switch with #2 an alternate. They were told that can't happen #jodiarias #3tvarias

Not a rumor people.

Well, this is much different than her prior tweet that juror 2 was dismissed & asked to be an alternate! GEEZ. I know people make mistakes but tweeting something wrong covering a trial is not responsible. Are they drinking?

Rumor or no rumor, I think we should take it as a good sign that they are in there deliberating right now. It appears as if there has been no major disruption.

I won't believe a juror requested off until I read or hear it from the judge, the lawyers or in open court.
How would the tweeters know it's true if NONE of them heard the request themselves?

Erin Murray ‏@MsErinMurray 1m1 minute ago
Happening now: @_nurmilaw is typing up a mistrial motion because the jurors are not sharing the contents of the crock pot. #jodiarias

heehee

From Jen:

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 9m9 minutes ago

OMG this story!

Ok a deliberating juror wanted to switch with #2 an alternate.

They were told that can't happen #jodiarias #3tvarias

Well, this is much different than her prior tweet that juror 2 was dismissed & asked to be an alternate! GEEZ. I know people make mistakes but tweeting something wrong covering a trial is not responsible. Are they drinking?

Probably Lol. I know i would be having a strong drink with my lunch if i were in that pressure cooker

No offense to Jen, but I'm not taking her tweets at face value again today.

Well, whatever happens happens. IF it's true that it's 11:1 DP, it's easier to stomach than 1:11 DP. I would rather it hang again, as painful as that is to stomach, than have a life Verdict. It's not that I'm pro DP or anything, but that JA would get the satisfaction of knowing that someone felt pity for the monster. That's what gets me out of all of this.

Whatever happens, I hope there's a verdict today and that it's over and done with.

They will kick themselves when they see all the footage of JA after the trial, though. "No jury will ever convict me"

If it's life, I hope it's LWOP at least.

I'd imagine they are just getting the information and sharing it as they hear it. It does sound like one DID want off and wanted #2 as her replacement, as Jen ORIGINALLYWANTED said. That is what happened. And it was handled.

What I've read is that Perryville will not be so bad at all. She will have the opportunity for work program, education program, have more open visitation, get to exercise and socialize with the other women. I've read a couple accounts from women who say Perryvile is better than Estrella. Yes, that sheriff is one tough dude. But he has nothing to do with this.

Death row is 23 hour a day solitary, no socializing, no employment or education programs, she will get to go outside alone for a short time and shower and that's it. It is hell. It makes people suicidal.

Will she ever be executed? The odds are in her favor but it is far from a certainty. Even the Alexanders say that it is unlikely. But death row is the harshest punishment out there and that's why they want it. There's no comparing gen pop or death row. It won't be the same deal if she gets life or death.

She can also start a recycling program and teach Spanish too.

If she gets LWOP what are the odds she shivs her cellmate at some time?

This nonsense is precisely why trial by tweeting is not a good idea. It's like a bad game of telephone that has gone horribly wrong. It would be wonderful if the ones tweeting would get their "facts" straight before tweeting anything.

MOO

That's not what she said earlier. So frustrating. :(

With all the conflicting tweets, I'm gonna ignore, cause whatever it was it clearly didn't cause a mistrial or even a discussion with JSS

Not a rumor people.

If this was not discussed in open court, then who's leaking it, why should we believe it? Who is the source?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Cool wannabe