VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 41

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im over the alternate jury issue.. it is a nonissue and most likely a little truth and a little rumor.

What I've read is that Perryville will not be so bad at all. She will have the opportunity for work program, education program, have more open visitation, get to exercise and socialize with the other women. I've read a couple accounts from women who say Perryvile is better than Estrella. Yes, that sheriff is one tough dude. But he has nothing to do with this.

Death row is 23 hour a day solitary, no socializing, no employment or education programs, she will get to go outside alone for a short time and shower and that's it. It is hell. It makes people suicidal.

Will she ever be executed? The odds are in her favor but it is far from a certainty. Even the Alexanders say that it is unlikely. But death row is the harshest punishment out there and that's why they want it. There's no comparing gen pop or death row. It won't be the same deal if she gets life or death.

But, but....Jodi doesn't relate well to other women. Well, okay, to anyone...but she sees herself as a Goddess who can make men weak in the knees. She may adapt to that environment but I doubt she will thrive. She can't even behave in jail...forget prison.

From Jen:

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 28s28 seconds ago

#2 was upset she was an alternate and
wanted to deliberate from what it sounds like.

Who knows! #jodiarias #3tvarias

:gaah:

All for naught, thank goodness!

Jurors deliberating for two hours now, minus a 15 minute break. They will deliberate through lunch, yay!

@TrialDiariesJ: #2 was upset she was an alternate and wanted to deliberate from what it sounds like. Who knows! #jodiarias #3tvarias

Perhaps another juror saw how upset she was and wanted to let her on, like AZL said. Perhaps they thought she could handle this better.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 2m 2 minutes ago
#2 was upset she was an alternate and wanted to deliberate from what it sounds like. Who knows! #jodiarias #3tvarias

weird

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 3m 3 minutes ago
OK so # 2 juror that was dismissed wanted to be an alternate so that's what that was about and she was told too bad #jodiarias #3tvarias

Doesn't she remain "on call" as an alternate if needed? This is the middle-aged lady, correct? I'm confused. lol

Jury had to ask for the exhibit list? Ugh.

There was a trial that I followed here I believe in the last 2 years, and the judge would not give them a list. Nor would the judge give them what they wanted UNLESS they had the exhibit number. I was like WTF :pullhair: So, it is good they are getting this list if they need it for deliberations :moo:

Suggestion to tweeters....do some sleuthing and see if either of the alternates pops up holding a bowl of chili.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 2m2 minutes ago
#2 was upset she was an alternate and wanted to deliberate from what it sounds like. Who knows! #jodiarias #3tvarias

Yeah Jen, who really knows? Because even the people at the courthouse that should know better than us online don't really know now do they? GEEZ!

But, but....Jodi doesn't relate well to other women. Well, okay, to anyone...but she sees herself as a Goddess who can make men weak in the knees. She may adapt to that environment but I doubt she will thrive. She can't even behave in jail...forget prison.

She seems to make her friends. Donovan, for one. She's always been good at winning enough people when it serves her. With only women around she will make due.

No but it's her first DP case, and it's obvious. We also know you are her biggest supporter, but criticism of her handling of this case is fair game, as with all the major parties involved.

Why do we still need to criticize her and bash her? What does it accomplish??? It's almost over either way. Just a few days, maybe a week max and it's all over.

The jury would already have all exhibits admitted in guilt phase and in this phase. Sealed ones too. They are no doubt asking for the list so they can find the exhibits in the piles stacked up in the room with them! The list would need to be redacted to omit exhibits not admitted.

If the juror replacement request was resolved this quickly, here's my best guess: the jurors were all sitting around saying "I wish we could use juror 2's 15 notebooks!" And one juror volunteered to bow out if juror 2 could be brought in so they could use her notes. This would have been no big deal and the request would simply have been denied.

Thank you!! This is exactly what I think happened. Hopefully, everyone reads your post.

If this was not discussed in open court, then who's leaking it, why should we believe it? Who is the source?

The source appears to be a bunch of people sitting in the courtroom this morning that heard it discussed on a speakerphone while JA was present. The spectators aren't official journalists, but they appear to be the source of this information and they relayed it to media members as they arrived. I don't think this equates to spreading rumors but that is just my personal opinion.

What I've read is that Perryville will not be so bad at all. She will have the opportunity for work program, education program, have more open visitation, get to exercise and socialize with the other women. I've read a couple accounts from women who say Perryvile is better than Estrella. Yes, that sheriff is one tough dude. But he has nothing to do with this.

Death row is 23 hour a day solitary, no socializing, no employment or education programs, she will get to go outside alone for a short time and shower and that's it. It is hell. It makes people suicidal.

Will she ever be executed? The odds are in her favor but it is far from a certainty. Even the Alexanders say that it is unlikely. But death row is the harshest punishment out there and that's why they want it. There's no comparing gen pop or death row. It won't be the same deal if she gets life or death.

I heard the exact opposite. That her book club and recycling programme would consist only of her even if she gets LWOP. No programmes, no education, basic solitary.

http://youtu.be/sR-0MMXqVgc

Now, here we go with this trial- How/Who started a 'juror wants off' rumor that ends up with-can we work thru lunch? Can we read our notes on break? and we would like an exhibit list? tsk

MAJOR TSK :moo: is that there was not ONE media person in the courtroom this am! Bet that won't happen again!!!!

She seems to make her friends. Donovan, for one. She's always been good at winning enough people when it serves her. With only women around she will make due.

She hasn't devalued MDLR yet either. Of course, that's coming.

Who the bleep started this rumour anyway? A dismissed juror wanting to be an alternate is so different from a deliberating juror wanting to be replaced by an alternate.

:gaah: :shame: :gaah: :shame:
Michael Kiefer???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members