VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 41

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This nonsense is precisely why trial by tweeting is not a good idea. It's like a bad game of telephone that has gone horribly wrong. It would be wonderful if the ones tweeting would get their "facts" straight before tweeting anything.

MOO

Not only that, but most of them are lousy communicators, IMO. Absolutely thoughtless and incapable of precision. Very frustrating. Is this what reportage has come to? /end vent

This nonsense is precisely why trial by tweeting is not a good idea. It's like a bad game of telephone that has gone horribly wrong. It would be wonderful if the ones tweeting would get their "facts" straight before tweeting anything.

MOO

Yup. Totally Agree.

We want to watch it live so we can develop our own interpatations.

We dont want other people's interpatations because then we interpret their interpetations. And if one of them gets it from someone else, then its just like the
telephone game.

Garbage In = Garbage Out

I wonder who started the rumor about the juror? Ugh. I do believe one juror might be overwhelmed and that is why they asked for specific exhibits? They may have even asked to switch out for another juror who took excellent notes and have NO idea that is not possible. I agree, nothing note-worthy.

As someone upstream said earlier...

#jodi'sdiary Dear Diary, Nothing eventful happened today JAA

I love that everyone just ran with my crock pot of chili and now it's just fact that that's what they are eating.

I just went over the tweets. Suddenly a tweeter said a juror wanted to switch out. The. Others started tweeting that, as if it was fact.

But not ONE TWEETER OR NEWS REPORTER has said where they got this info. So, I will just take it as rumour.

Why do we still need to criticize her and bash her? What does it accomplish??? It's almost over either way. Just a few days, maybe a week max and it's all over.

I am sorry but she does deserve some criticism. She has made some bad decisions and was overturned on Appeal. No one is bashing her but she deserves some criticism for losing control of this trial.

Yes. But for some reason, I can't pull up the expanded smiley list. Maybe it crashed from people looking for said smiley?

During deliberations we have a redacted smiley list.

They can use their notes while deliberating together..just not on their own away from deliberations..is what i understood

Thank you!! This is exactly what I think happened. Hopefully, everyone reads your post.

Sorry, but I very much doubt that a juror who spent 5 months waiting to get to this point would be so willing to give up her place at the table.

Wow! NG just said on HLN that she doesn't think JA will get the DP.

The jury in the murder in our family took four hours. The only question they asked the judge was what was the difference between life or 99 years. He couldn't them they had to choose. Ten minutes later they were done.

They chose 99 years which meant he'd be eligible for parole in fourteen years - May 2004 . He stabbed (just as he did to his aunt/mother) another inmate during dinner one evening after being in prison only three months, which added more years to his sentence

He is now in one of the worst prisons in Texas. He'd throw urine, poop and blood at the guards. He now will die in prison, he won't be let go.

They came out afterward and asked the DA why she didn't go for the DP. She said she didn't think they'd go for it because the murderer turned 20 during the trial.

But, but....Jodi doesn't relate well to other women. Well, okay, to anyone...but she sees herself as a Goddess who can make men weak in the knees. She may adapt to that environment but I doubt she will thrive. She can't even behave in jail...forget prison.

She seems to make her friends. Donovan, for one. She's always been good at winning enough people when it serves her. With only women around she will make due.

It helps if those women are more like Donovan, ie interested in the same sex. JA will be more than happy to use them. Also any men that are prison guards better watch themselves. They need to make sure that they are never alone with JA. Not if they want to keep their job, spouse/girlfriend, and/or reputation.

MOO

I'm hoping that the request for a different juror is not an indication of what is going on during deliberations. I can imagine someone on the jury saying, "Boy, I wish (#2) had been selected because (she) took really good notes throughout the trial. We could use those notes as we wade through all this evidence." I, personally, would not rely on one person's notes but would prefer to let the collective memories of my fellow jurors guide the discussion. :moo:

She seems to make her friends. Donovan, for one. She's always been good at winning enough people when it serves her. With only women around she will make due.

I see your point, MeeBee. I see Donovan and her ilk as groupies more than friends. But that's just me. :)

I heard the exact opposite. That her book club and recycling programme would consist only of her even if she gets LWOP. No programmes, no education, basic solitary.

http://youtu.be/sR-0MMXqVgc

I don't know about her starting programs, but LWOP is not solitary. It will be at first but she will work her way up to general population where there is education programs and work programs and more socializing with other inmates.

I'm watching HLN now and were just talking about it,no mention of juror problem. NG coming on next.

:seeya: I'm glad you're watching them ... because I can't ... :)

But please let us know if they report anything worthwhile !

:seeya:

I am sorry but she does deserve some criticism. She has made some bad decisions and was overturned on Appeal. No one is bashing her but she deserves some criticism for losing control of this trial.

Apparently Even the mere mention of her name is now considered bashing.

From Jen:

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 28s28 seconds ago

#2 was upset she was an alternate and
wanted to deliberate from what it sounds like.

Who knows! #jodiarias #3tvarias

:gaah:

This is utterly useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads