VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 41

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The jury would already have all exhibits admitted in guilt phase and in this phase. Sealed ones too. They are no doubt asking for the list so they can find the exhibits in the piles stacked up in the room with them! The list would need to be redacted to omit exhibits not admitted.

If the juror replacement request was resolved this quickly, here's my best guess: the jurors were all sitting around saying "I wish we could use juror 2's 15 notebooks!" And one juror volunteered to bow out if juror 2 could be brought in so they could use her notes. This would have been no big deal and the request would simply have been denied.

And that sounds exactly like what could have happened. Since you are the lawyer, I am going with your explanation.

From Jen:

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 4m4 minutes ago

OK so # 2 juror that was dismissed wanted to be an alternate
so that's what that was about and she was told too bad #jodiarias #3tvarias

Wait. Is juror #2 the one who was already dismissed?? If she is already dismissed, too bad. But, I thought BK was talking about a juror who was already on the panel. I am so confused right now.

@TrialDiariesJ: OMG this story! Ok a deliberating juror wanted to switch with #2 an alternate. They were told that can't happen #jodiarias #3tvarias

Not a rumor people.

Well, if it was a juror 'problem', we will soon know when Nurmi motions for a mistrial!

Is this trial ever going to end? :banghead:

The longest jury on the list posted earlier took 9 days, so yeah in about 9 days. Either way Jodi is moving to Perryville in a couple of weeks, should be there in time to celebrate St. Patrick's Day, NOT!!! We who have our freedom can go drink, have Starbucks, and Cinnabons. Things she will never ever have again.

I swear this thread is moving faster than when we were hearing testimony LOL.

Yeah that wasn't clear. Perryville is reportedly nothing like Estrella so not sure why the equivalency was made.

I made that comment because Estrella jail had more benefits and opportunities for the jailed women, and what Perryville offers will be the real hard core deal.

She seems to behave just fine in jail. She may misbehave at times but that doesn't mean anything really. Again, LWOP and death row are just not the same. They aren't. No amount of speculation will change the fact that they have a different set of circumstances and rules surrounding them.

I agree speculation is not useful, which is why I try to avoid it. Here's what is certain though: she will never be free, she will die in Perryville.

It's not a certainly she will never be executed, as we've discussed before. It could be decades before they drop the hammer but there is a possibility it will happen. It's the death penalty. If Jodi is 70 before she's executed it could happen.
If you do the math and count how many death row prisoners are in line now and see how many have been executed since executions were reinstated in 1976, and consider that no female has been executed in over 80 years, you'll see the odds are not good that she would ever be executed.

I think everyone just needs to calm down... This case is super emotional and we all want the same thing... Justice for TRAVIS.

What makes you think we aren't calm? I am super calm, just trying to fill in the blanks of what has been reported. Even if I put the hair pulling thing up, I'm still calm in my head. :wink:

Call me really confused what this means!

Im wondering if #2 wanted to be part of the deliberations and maybe she was questioning if she can get into the deliberations and switch with someone.

Maybe it was the Alternate #2 doing the questioning

I'm watching HLN now and were just talking about it,no mention of juror problem. NG coming on next.

@TrialDiariesJ: OMG this story! Ok a deliberating juror wanted to switch with #2 an alternate. They were told that can't happen #jodiarias #3tvarias

Not a rumor people.

WTH. That juror better not hang this jury.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 3m 3 minutes ago
OMG this story! Ok a deliberating juror wanted to switch with #2 an alternate. They were told that can't happen #jodiarias #3tvarias

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Cool wannabe