VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 41

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On death row, Arias will be allowed outside for one hour, six days a week and it will be spent alone, the other inmates get cleared out of the exercise area.

Most of Arias' life will be spent alone, even eating, in her cell. To pass the other 23 hours a day in her concrete box, she can read and will eventually be allowed to buy a small TV with basic cable channels if her family puts money into a spending account. Computer time will not exist for Arias, no more Twitter. Her contact with the outside world will be cut off.

It is for these reasons I want the DP for JA. I don't care if she's never actually executed, I just want her to live her life in isolation to really pay for her crime, her farce of a trial, for showing absolutely zero remorse and for the living Hell she's put the Alexander family through.

Should Jodi be sentenced to Life, does anyone know what conditions listed above will apply to her during her two-to-five year probationary period? Hopefully all. "TIA" in advance.

Length of Penalty phase, Original trial: 2 days (May 20-21, 2013).
JA allocution: 19 minutes.
Total deliberation time: 13 hours and 48 minutes (May 22-23).

Let today be the day
That Jodi's sent away
To Perryville, to stay

Not see the light of day
And not have her own way
Is what I wish for Jodi A.

I agree. It's disturbing that she could eventually wind up in a medium security, dorm like situation where she'd be holding court. At least on death row she would be isolated

When JA sent out the coded mag msgs, she hadn't been convicted. Ditto hiding her drawing tools in shampoo bottles. I imagine there'll be negative consequences at Perryville for JA's continual rule-breaking, which I don't think she's capable of ceasing. And JA will soon wave good-bye to the young prostitutes/druggies/shop-lifters so impressed with her at Estrella. Can't wait to see her mugshot at Perryville wearing her hated orange togs.

Its kind of a running joke. There are 4 well known supporters so we just joke about her grand total of 4 supporters. Lol reminds me when she threw her attorneys under the bus in the star chamber when JW told JSS that CMJA receives thousands of death threats in the mail when JSS asked CMJA to explain CMJA said that she receives LOTS of mail mostly supportive but that some were threatening. In CMJAs fairytale she has an entire ARMY of loyal doting supporters.

I thought it was the other way around? JA told JSS that she received thousands and thousands and thousands (because she just can't talk like a normal human being) death threats in the mail but JW said she received "some" threatening e-mail.

"In July and August it's going to be very hot. They don't have air conditioning, they do have swamp coolers, but in Arizona we know that doesn’t do much,” said Marson.

On death row, Arias will be allowed outside for one hour, six days a week and it will be spent alone, the other inmates get cleared out of the exercise area.

Most of Arias' life will be spent alone, even eating, in her cell. To pass the other 23 hours a day in her concrete box, she can read and will eventually be allowed to buy a small TV with basic cable channels if her family puts money into a spending account.

Computer time will not exist for Arias, no more Twitter. Her contact with the outside world will be cut off.

"She'll have almost no contact with anyone, other than you can talk between the cells through the vents," said Marson.

If she gets a life sentence, then after about two years she can earn more privileges with good behavior which includes more time outside when other inmates are out as well and longer visitation times.

Eventually she could even be transferred to a medium security prison which is more like a dorm setting with shared bunks and more space to roam.

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-ph...oenix/a-preview-of-prison-life-for-jodi-arias

This is exactly why I want her to get the death penalty-she needs to be isolated from everyone so she cannot continue her manipulations of anyone. I don't care if they actually execute her or not-just total isolation would be the worst punishment that they could give her.

Really hoping they slept on it and come back first thing this morning with their verdict!!

ow do you guys have your thread display set up? I just changed it to newest first because I would have to scroll down continuously with having the oldest first. But then I run the delimma of having to scroll down to find the last post I just read before refresh. I sure do wish this was auto updated. .

Length of Penalty phase, Original trial: 2 days (May 20-21, 2013).
JA allocution: 19 minutes.
Total deliberation time: 13 hours and 48 minutes (May 22-23).

Hope

Thanks for posting this information. Now I have HOPE that this will be finished today. It took 13 hours for the first jury and they had more evidence, information and details to go through.

Feeling hopeful :cheer:

I am surprised reading that after so many years she could 'earn' her way up to minimum security. For some reason, it just surprises me that convicted killers would not always be in maximum? In AZ only death row receive max? There are killers in prison who are in max all over. Manson in minimum? No.

I'll bet they're all arriving as we speak...

Jury.Box_.jpg

Jodi arias is terrifying and should be an a maximum security prison , under total lockdown and isolated from other prisoners,

I remember very early on that she commented about watching cage fighting, no holds barred...I could feel something about her as she said it...can't remember if it was the police interveiw or something else..

It was a clue, and i beleive she cage killed TA in the shower and has always been damm proud of herself for doing so.

Goodbye jodi. Buhbye ...don't let the metal gate with the barbed wire on top hit u in the a$$.

Moo

I thought it was the other way around? JA told JSS that she received thousands and thousands and thousands (because she just can't talk like a normal human being) death threats in the mail but JW said she received "some" threatening e-mail.

Unfortunately not..Direct quote from transcript

"Ms.Arias:n The threats fall on me but the opinions are polarized. They are across the board is what I mean. So I cant-- I cant say one thing or the other wihtout upsetting people, and it has been,what 16 months? I have received thousands and thousands of pieces of mail. Some of it- most of it is supportive but a lot of it is hateful too. So it is not just-- I know Im in custody, but that doesnt necessarily negate-- I mean, people still have acces to me. It is just limited."

If the jurors are dressed up today then...ding, ding, ding...VERDICT!

Why do you suppose JM didn't show this jury the video clips of her post conviction interview with Troy. In it she clearly states she has no drugs, abuse, or molestation in her family history. She also says she jokes with her attorney "her mom should have beaten her more." This confused me, I thought it would be in his rebuttal. Not second guessing.........just wondering.

This jury is painfully aware that this has went on as torture for the family for nearly seven long years. They also are very aware of the MILLIONS of dollars, their taxpayer dollars, spent on this. They will not be giving up so easily. I think they will be quite determined to keep going over the evidence to win over hold outs by getting to the bottom of their objections.

This is a solemn time indeed. For everyone. No matter what happens they can never get Travis back. No matter what happens to Jodi Arias it will never be enough.

@ZoeyWatson2014 2m2 minutes ago
@ZoeyWatson2014 I am praying for God to give ALL OF US one tenth of the grace the Alexanders have shown to accept the verdict , no matter.

I know Manson hangs with the general population. Gives interviews (when he wanted) and has regular appeals. How's that for max security/death row. OH, best part is that he is now married.

tdy_mor_manson_131122.jpg

I don't care if CA gave up the DP for some time. If he on it before, he should be on it after it was reinstated.

I am surprised reading that after so many years she could 'earn' her way up to minimum security. For some reason, it just surprises me that convicted killers would not always be in maximum? In AZ only death row receive max? There are killers in prison who are in max all over. Manson in minimum? No.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member