VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where's Steely? We need his Ostrich to rope them in.

Hope they stay safe.

They're emus!!!!!!!! :emu:

Ostriches are big stupid smelly beasts that bury their heads in the sand and get eaten by lions for being so stupid!!

Emus are refined, smart, debonaire and pleasant smelling. :snooty:

Well, I'm going to clean and saute some mushroom caps. :seeya:

I have HLN on and they were just talking about JonBenet. I'll watch HLN to see if the jury comes in.

I just unloaded the dishwasher and reloaded it and wiped down the counters.

I think the ideal (and impossible) outcome would be for the jurors to vote LWOP then give a press conference- with plenty of advance notice to every media outlet, and then to explain that absolutely not one single juror believed anything she said about anything, much less her despicable lies about a man they all liked and found sympathetic. That they were all outraged by her defense team. That they didn't realize until this trial it was possible for defense attorneys to lie in court or that Arizona courts permitted a murderer to tell lies about her victim in order to spare herself. That all of them had voted to give her the DP, but then paused.

That even though they knew they weren't supposed to consider how Travis' family felt one way or another, they all agreed that though it was possible the Alexanders preferred she receive the DP and would be angry if JA received LWOP, as a group they all felt that the people who loved Travis had been forced to suffer far too much already, and that giving JA LWOP would allow the family to never again even see her name in writing, much less feel stressed by the possibility of overturned verdicts and the like.

And as the jury said their piece to the media, I like to imagine each of them wearing two ribbons- one blue for Travis, and one purple with his name on it.

"

One word - corral box them in with cars - so far they've outsmarted LE and animal control.

I don't know what it is like to have a daughter who murdered some one. I don't know what it is like to have a daughter trash me in court. I don't know what it is like to see my daughter laid out like a *advertiser censored* queen and find out all her depraved fantasies.
I think that being there in court during the trial was the best that Sandy could do for JA and that basically she is done. I can not imagine at all what it is like to be her. Why is it that it could just not be that she just wants to be free of this nightmare her daughter has made for her?

I agree. If it were my daughter trashing me in court, accusing me of things that weren't true, having her sex life laid out, hell if my daughter slaughtered someone the way CMJA did and then smeared his name with the absolute lies she has I would have been long gone. I love my kids, however, I couldn't sit through that! You could tell by Sandy's face that CMJA was lying about her childhood. The look on her and Sue's face spoke volumes. I don't like the way she has conducted herself at times, but I also give her credit for sitting through the absolute carp that CMJA and the DT spewed.

I have a hard time with people being hard on her family. They are victims too. Not like the alexanders but they have this shame hanging on their family. What a nightmare for them. I won't pick on them. I just can not imagine. Sometimes I believe it has to be worse when you find out it was your child that did the hurting than the victim. Everyone supports the victim. People blame parents of perps.

Verdict watch now usurped by lolloping llamas: [video=youtube;VTHRmLKPSCc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTHRmLKPSCc[/video]

No emu sightings as of this time.

I just knew it was a matter of time before these idiots chased them into traffic!!!

Here's hoping the jurors complete the verdict form using proper grammar and spelling.

"Rediculous!"

No, not yet.

But the jury is asking about and ostensibly reviewing exhibits.

They wanted permission to take their notes outside the Jury Room.

Answer = Nope

I'm going to hazard a guess the exhibits they were looking for were the psych tests and notes. I bet they are debating now whether there's a mental illness that will serve as the only mitigator.

They must wonder why neither the mother, nor any other family member, have spoken up for her. I hope they don't read that as typical of an abusive parent.

Really? Don't want to be there one last time to see your spawn as she is sentenced and hauled off??? That's telling.

Maybe it's a protest against ANY sentence, since their special snowflake is a victim of DV (and is not the cruel, lying xxxpppfffxxx!!! that we know her to be)?

I agree. This is 1 case I would have no problem in giving DP.

She is so deserving of that sentence because she shows no signs of being sorry and shows no signs of changing her ways.

This is the first trial I have ever followed and one of the reasons that I am is because it has caused me to think about things like the death penalty, psychopathy, the judicial system, etc. I am 40 years old and had always very nonchalantly believed in it, but now I don't know how I feel about killing another human being as punishment. When I look at it with an effort to be empathetic (as in, what if a member of MY family was murdered?), I don't care about human rights! So, I'm a little confused! I do know general population seems way too comfortable for a murderer.

way way way OT... but. Two more weeks until Amanda Knox hears whether or not she needs to pack for a run to the border.

No kidding. I watched my family corral bulls in a neighborhood. Glad it wasn't me but it's possible. I can't believe they had them in a fenced area too.

One word - corral box them in with cars - so far they've outsmarted LE and animal control.

BK reports she has spoken to DP attorneys here in Phoenix who say JM could have gone into detail about the circumstances of the murder. Since he didn't really, she wonders if JSS tied his hands and we wont know that until after the chambers meeting notes are made public.

If true that JSS did so, I am really not surprised. Nothing against her on a personal level but even though she has a history as a prosecutor, she seems pro defense. I hope this jury makes a decision so it is not left in the judges hands. JMO and all that.

Oooh they're cornering the llama's now .. sorry off topic .. but you know, damn they slipped away.

If true that JSS did so, I am really not surprised. Nothing against her on a personal level but even though she has a history as a prosecutor, she seems pro defense. I hope this jury makes a decision so it is not left in the judges hands. JMO and all that.

It's not true. :)

I really want to hear the jurors comments about why no one in her family begged for her life. That is something!

That has always been my question, why?? The mother, dad nor aunt didn't take the stand either and I recall how George and Cindy helped their daughter Casey walk. The DT team certainly trashed mom and dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuriousNelly61