VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 41

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish the reporters would give us a report of the daily process. Like does the jury get assembled in front of the judge each morning OR do they get to go right to the deliberation room? Then where is the judge and the attorneys.?

Are the attorneys all just home waiting for a phone call or text message to come back to the courtroom?

Maybe this was covered already and I missed it.

The jury will go straight to the deliberation room. The attorneys will be waiting for a call/text/email depending on what they requested and trying/pretending to work on other cases while they wait. :) The judge has plenty of other work to do also.

@TrialDiariesJ: The jury has arrived #jodiarias #3tvarias

Would you want to kill the girl that Travis LOVED!!! When KN said that I just had to scream. He portrayed the relationship as a love story that ended badly. Wrong Nurmi.

This is about fatal attraction and your client is pure evil. This is about the vicious slaughter of Travis and not some fabricated love story.

:seeya: I totally agree !

BBM: Just had a thought :

Now IF I were the prosecutor -- lol -- I would have shown the Jury the "3 hole wonder photos" as a rebuttal to Nurmi's "little girl photos" ! I know ... :facepalm:

Juan has a lot of class and he did rebut Nurmi's BS well !

But hey ... lol !

The jury will go straight to the deliberation room. The attorneys will be waiting for a call/text/email depending on what they requested and trying/pretending to work on other cases while they wait. :) The judge has plenty of other work to do also.

"...trying/pretending to work on other cases..." :thinking: I can only imagine. This was a big one!

After yesterday's events I would like nothing more than for the Jury to come back with death, particularly to write failure all over the defense teams strategy, in addition to the fact that she deserves to sit in a cage in isolation for the rest of her life.

However, the DP is so broken in the US that it may be better in the long run if she gets LWOP (I do not believe that JSS, for all her faults, will grant her LWP). As Katiecoolady said, one of her sisters' killers had their DP conviction overturned and came horribly close to becoming eligible for parole.

There are many people in the legal field, including judges, that are simply opposed to the DP, and any of these people could eventually become her benefactors, regardless of the facts of the case or what she actually deserves. In that sense, and in spite of JSS far too liberal approach regarding secrecy, I think she did as good a job as possible to block the possibility of a successful appeal. I'm just not sure it will be enough given the controversial climate of the DP in this country.

So in spite of the satisfaction of the ultimate victory a DP verdict will bring in the short term, I'm not sure that a LWOP verdict may not be a more lasting victory.

JA is not going to have benefactors rushing to help her. Real DV advocates want nothing to do with her. She admits she killed Travis so the Innocent Project type folks won't be interested. At the end of the day she is and will be viewed as a run of the mill murderer, not compelling enough in any way to use as a tool to abolish the DP.

From

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 2m2 minutes ago

The jury has arrived #jodiarias #3tvarias

Wish they'd say more then "the jury has arrived"...:) What are they wearing? I'm so nosey :)

I feel like crap, but I'm thankful that I have a laptop, tablet and a desktop, I'm not missing the jury verdict. Hello all you wonderful websleuths. I have never been so disgusted by a defense in my life.

Justice today for Travis, and his brothers and sisters.

Where is Arias? In the little basement holding cell, with Maria, or in her 'housing unit' at Estrella?

http://youtu.be/bTyP9QqaxL8
Barely audible through his tears, Steven ends his remarks saying "One day I hope to make him proud". I think the whole world wanted to give him a hug and never let go and assure him that TRAVIS is proud of him, as are we all.

To Steven in the words of his brother Travis:

"So as you read this book I hope that you will let these pages grab you by the shoulders and shake you and tell you that you are special. That there is something great inside you. I pray that you will allow the words you read stare deep into your eyes and instill into you that there isn’t anything that you can not do. My desire is that this book will do for you what Grandpa Vic did for me. Help me believe what is already true. That you are special." www.travisalexander.net

From Cathy:

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 1m1 minute ago

The jury has arrived #jodiarias

FWIW... I doubt the jury had time to take a straw poll yesterday before their decision not to deliberate on Friday. Their work schedule was released about 45 minutes after they began deliberating. So....not reading their no-Friday as an early consensus.

Hey everyone, good morning :-) YAY! I did the text alert thingy, so now I can go grocery shopping. I hope I get the text while standing in checkout, that will give me an hour to get back home. I want to be here with everyone to hear the verdict :-)
If not today, that's OK, at least we know it's all coming to an end. God bless Travis' God bless Travis' family.

:seeya: IF any Courtroom Tweeters are reading here:

Please, we want a Fashion Report on the Jurors !

Are they dressed up more than usual ?

:tyou:

I asked jen but not sure if she will reply.

Tell me I'm not the only one that eats when their nervous/anxious ? I just can't stop shovelling it in today

JA is not going to have benefactors rushing to help her. Real DV advocates want nothing to do with her. She admits she killed Travis so the Innocent Project type folks won't be interested. At the end of the day she is and will be viewed as a run of the mill murderer, not compelling enough in any way to use as a tool to abolish the DP.

I dunno, Hope. The abolitionists are not picky.

I would take it a step further and say any group trying to abolish the DP will not only not find her useful to the cause, but will find her detrimental. There is a reason JA has captured the worlds attention, and that is because she is a special kind of scary evil. The type of evil people can't look away from because it is so far removed from the day to day evil we all see. Outside of her of little group of followers she is the poster child for why the DP is an appropriate punishment sometimes. Sometimes keeping someone alive puts the rest of us at risk and imho JA is one of those someones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member