VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 41

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish the reporters would give us a report of the daily process. Like does the jury get assembled in front of the judge each morning OR do they get to go right to the deliberation room? Then where is the judge and the attorneys.?

Are the attorneys all just home waiting for a phone call or text message to come back to the courtroom?

Maybe this was covered already and I missed it.

Wel CMJA doesn't need to be on suicide watch. It would hurt too much for her to hurt herself. Plus, she has the "Jodi show" to host while she processes her appeals.

She has always used suicide as a way to manipulate people, but when she found out that in jail that she would end up in a padded cell naked, well, what do you know..........no more talk of suicide!!

I still think she does not have PTSD or BPD, she's not sad....but happy!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwMMkvozT_o

I think she gamed the tests. All of them. Probably with help from ALV and Samuels. The self reporting tests given by Dr G were a simple joke to her.

This women is just not right, understatement of the year. I am really beginning to think she is just plain evil, and that's not a word I use.

I'm pretty sure this is why she despises DeMarte.

I cut and pasted tweets yesterday as Nurmi did his closing -trashing. A day later, looking at that document, calmer, as the jury likely was as they listened, a couple major points leap out.

2. He knows the jury WILL find DeMarte credible. The best he could do to diminish DeMarte is to say her failure to say good morning to him equals bias. That's doesn't even meet the bar for pathetic.

Snipped for brevity. :giggle: :floorlaugh: :laughcry:

He should have ignored DeMarte in his closing arguments rather than say something that stupid. JMO

The reason i believe she deserves the DP is because she shows NO remorse. I want her to sit in her cell 23 hours a day thinking about it.
If she is eventually allowed out to socialize i truly believe she'll adjust and manipulate others. I can fully see her having a g/f in prison, and carrying on like she's in a dorm room.

Isolation might possibly require her to think about what she's done.

She disgusts me.

I think she can fool some of the people for a little while, but not the rest of her life. People will figure her out PDQ. JMO

As much as I think JA should get the DP I'm not as confident as some of you are. I don't have a feeling one way or another as far as which way it will go. Maybe it's because we know so little about the jurors. Part of me thinks that if some could be swayed by the DT's lies, then they could hopefully be reasoned with just as easily by their fellow jurors. If JA doesn't get the DP my biggest fear is that in a matter of time, she will hurt or kill again. I am soooo glad that Juan caught Jodi in her magazine scheme. I hope the jurors look long and hard at that code and come to the realization that JA will use any method available to fulfill her needs even when she's behind bars. JA has lost and she will seek revenge IMO.

BBM: If I were on this jury, the deceit and arrogance of the magazine code incident alone - the smuggling out of jail - the obvious attempt to manipulate a witness - would put everything about Arias into focus for me. I might ponder over whether she is cuckoo or plain evil, but I would be easily persuaded to give death.

I do think jurors like to sleuth, so I'm sure they will go through some evidence to prove a point that's in contention, but I'm expecting a fairly fast verdict - just not sure what it will be.

I am surprised reading that after so many years she could 'earn' her way up to minimum security. For some reason, it just surprises me that convicted killers would not always be in maximum? In AZ only death row receive max? There are killers in prison who are in max all over. Manson in minimum? No.

I think she can earn up to a medium security setting. Not sure minimum is an option

Upon further reflection. I have come to the conclusion that the DT hooked their hat on the entire strategy of the "razzle dazzle" defense. For us listening it seemed flat out bizarre and frankly i think that's what they intended. From the opening gate after the family gave their heart wrenching VIS they threw the BIGGEST hail Mary they could in demanding ( and receiving the secret tesiphony) the DT knew that to try the case on the facts would result in a death penalty. So they threw out the most mundane to morally repugnant testimony,and completely unrelated eg *advertiser censored* repetitive information as much and for as long as possible to deflect from what the facts are. They had no mitigation in fact Jodi told us herself that her attorneys advised her of that. They also presented their testimony in a confusing and fragmented manner on purpose again "look here not there!" was it successful? trying her case like this was a desperate hail Mary attempt and we will know sooner rather than later if it was effective or if they stuck the needle in their clients arm themselves.

ETA; azl if your here this morning. Is it true that the alexanders have had to wait until the sentencing is complete to seek reimbursement from the crime victims fund? Not sure what its called there but the fund the families of murder victims can get reimbursement for things such as funeral expenses ect? i sincerely hope another family will never have to endure what the alexanders have. Our justice system is supposed to provide justice not extend and magnify a families grief and trauma. I doubt I'll ever forget and i hope the voters of maricopa county do not soon forget either

The victim compensation order is part of the final sentencing order IIRC.

I imagine we all have things we wish JM had done but didn't, even in the first trial. I wish he'd used a lot more visuals, especially a map showing JA's murder-trip from Yreka down to Redding to rent the car ... then a big arrow showing Salt Lake City was straight east iirc but she went all the way down the CA coast to Monterrey to get gas cans, then down to Pasadena for no believable reason at all, ... except that Mesa is straight east.

Things I see stick much longer than things I only hear. I wish the jurors had many more visuals to refer to than they do. For instance, I bet TA's phone records from Jan-June 2008, if highlighted to show incoming calls from JA, would clearly prove she was the pursuer. I'd love to see JA's bank statements from her time in Mesa too, or even her job and housing history there, but iirc none were allowed in.

If anything like that was admitted in the guilt phase, it should be in the jury room for them to review. They are supposed to have access to all admitted exhibits from the whole trial.

Wonder why the reporters go to the courthouse.
Do they just want to be there in case the verdict comes down.

:seeya: Just some thoughts:

- Reporting IF all the jurors showed up for duty -- maybe someone got sick overnight or had an emergency.

- Report IF the jury requests to review any physical evidence.

- Keep track of the length of time for deliberations.

- And yep --- they want to be one of the "first" to report the Verdict.

I'm sure there are other reasons and some others will chime in !

:)

But there were no details like her camera-dropping resulting in TA's picking her up and body-slamming her twice into the tile floor? Or her run and leap to top closet shelf to retrieve TA's nonexistent gun, etc.?

No, that was guilt phase stuff. She is guilty: M1. The 2013 jury unanimously agreed that there were aggravators of premeditation and the murder was especially cruel.

This phase is only about mitigation and whether she has any mitigating factors that the jury can consider worth enough to spare her life.

Would you want to kill the girl that Travis LOVED!!! When KN said that I just had to scream. He portrayed the relationship as a love story that ended badly. Wrong Nurmi. This is about fatal attraction and your client is pure evil. This is about the vicious slaughter of Travis and not some fabricated love story.

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 7m7 minutes ago

Jury heading back into deliberations in about 15 min. What do you think... are we getting a #JodiArias verdict today? #Fox10phoenix

I'm praying for the Alexander family that they will finally receive justice for the cold blooded murder of their brother. . Every action causes a reaction and she has damaged so many lives with her lives and murderous actions. I pray that Justice will be served either as LWOP or the DP; that is at God's discretion. Nothing Jodi can ever do will undo the tremendous damage she has done to both families. I think Juan Martinez did a great job seeking justice for Travis.

~ Morning Tweets ~

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 6m6 minutes ago

Jurors are back at it again this morning starting at 9.

Will they reach a verdict today? #JodiArias

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 · 6m6 minutes ago

Jury heading back into deliberations in about 15 min.
What do you think... are we getting a #JodiArias verdict today? #Fox10phoenix

If anything like that was admitted in the guilt phase, it should be in the jury room for them to review. They are supposed to have access to all admitted exhibits from the whole trial.

Wow. I didn't realize that. If I were on the jury y'all would be waiting at least a week for the verdict as I read and looked at every last page. :D

:seeya: IF any Courtroom Tweeters are reading here:

Please, we want a Fashion Report on the Jurors !

Are they dressed up more than usual ?

:tyou:
More importantly, have the killers relatives gone sightseeing to some way distant place?

After yesterday's events I would like nothing more than for the Jury to come back with death, particularly to write failure all over the defense teams strategy, in addition to the fact that she deserves to sit in a cage in isolation for the rest of her life.

However, the DP is so broken in the US that it may be better in the long run if she gets LWOP (I do not believe that JSS, for all her faults, will grant her LWP). As Katiecoolady said, one of her sisters' killers had their DP conviction overturned and came horribly close to becoming eligible for parole.

There are many people in the legal field, including judges, that are simply opposed to the DP, and any of these people could eventually become her benefactors, regardless of the facts of the case or what she actually deserves. In that sense, and in spite of JSS far too liberal approach regarding secrecy, I think she did as good a job as possible to block the possibility of a successful appeal. I'm just not sure it will be enough given the controversial climate of the DP in this country.

So in spite of the satisfaction of the ultimate victory a DP verdict will bring in the short term, I'm not sure that a LWOP verdict may not be a more lasting victory.

just a.big thank you to Ziggy and to dog gone cute. Ziggy your updates are amazing and dgc ur tweets updates got me through this.
DGC u rock x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members