VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 41

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Arias' lawyers, BFF, handful of supporters including ALV and gang, family etc. cannot do anything to prevent the wheels of Justice from turning. Maria and the supporters can yack and tweet all they want but the fact of the matter is that they cannot prevent Arias from being shipped off to prison. Lady Justice does not care for those squeaking in protest. Justice is coming.

G'morning Everybodee! :seeya:

Is today the day??!!

"We the jury sentence Jodi Ann Arias to death by lethal injection" <---- icing on the cake! :cake4u:

Travis Victor Alexander
blue candle.jpg

Jen's Trial Diaries &#8207;@TrialDiariesJ · 26s26 seconds ago
One of the jurors brought a crockpot of goodness #jodiarias #3tvarias
---

They mean to get comfortable and get down to work. :)

Wish they'd say more then "the jury has arrived"...:) What are they wearing? I'm so nosey :)

:seeya: Yes, I want to know IF they are in their

- "Sunday Clothes" ?

- Coat and Tie ?

- Dress or Skirt ?

- Business Attire ?

- Or everyday jury duty attire !

:please: Tweeters !

JA is not going to have benefactors rushing to help her. Real DV advocates want nothing to do with her. She admits she killed Travis so the Innocent Project type folks won't be interested. At the end of the day she is and will be viewed as a run of the mill murderer, not compelling enough in any way to use as a tool to abolish the DP.

:floorlaugh:

Man that kind of sentiment would surely piss her off!!!

agree with every word but I fear the whole "would you kill this kid" spiel may net him at least one juror

I supposed it depends on whether the jury follows the jury instructions.

"Will you kill this kid" is not really a mitigator. Yeah, they have AGE listed as one but he showed JA child photos when he said that so it really does not address her age mitigator.

The jurors have to decide if the mitigators outweigh the aggravators. That is their instruction. It is not a moral decision and there is no reason for them to even consider that they are killing someone. They will not kill anyone. They will read the instructions they were given and vote accordingly.

In a perfect world, that is. Which is exactly why this could go either way even while it screams out loud for a sentence of death.

Juries are unpredictable when it comes to the death penalty. They tend to be more clear-cut when it comes to the heinous murder of a child -- much easier to get the DP. When you're dealing with adults and a homicide within an intimate relationship, and that homicide is based on emotion versus greed (like getting a big insurance payout), it could go either way, and when the perp is female, that can make it even less predictable.

People have been trying to guess what juries would do since the beginning of time and no one has cracked the code because there isn't a code to crack. As logical as one can be, juries can be illogical. They see things their own way and sometimes focus on aspects of cases no one would guess they would.

---

Let's hope they are going to work through lunch then and be done by the end of today.

From Jen:

Jen's Trial Diaries &#8207;@TrialDiariesJ · 1m1 minute ago

-----WTH ? Thoughts ?

Jarrett Seltzer &#8207;@JarrettSeltzer 2m2 minutes ago
A few more jurors arrived. One has an electric heating cooking thingy #jodiarias

Tammy Rose &#8207;@News20Chopper · 4m4 minutes ago
They offer us coffee & cinnamon rolls donated by previous jurors who turn down mileage & job fee reimbursements. #JodiArias
---

Is she at jury duty now? Over here they don't offer us anything except a long wait.

---

...and work through lunch?

One of the jurors brought a crockpot. Lunch in? thinking they will be done today?

No, that was guilt phase stuff. She is guilty: M1. The 2013 jury unanimously agreed that there were aggravators of premeditation and the murder was especially cruel.

This phase is only about mitigation and whether she has any mitigating factors that the jury can consider worth enough to spare her life.

Didn't Geffner claim that JA's two "traumas" indicated on her/his PTSD were (1) TA's domestic abuse of her throughout their relationship, but also (2) the murder itself. I don't see #2 being remotely mitigating unless the DT is implying JA felt at the time she sliced/shot/stabbed she had no choice other than killing Travis in self-defense.

Jarrett Seltzer &#8207;@JarrettSeltzer 2m2 minutes ago

A few more jurors arrived. One has an electric heating cooking thingy #jodiarias

Okay ... so maybe they are going to eat lunch and deliberate at the same time ?

Oh that would be :great:

:please: And I hope so !

---

deliberating over lunch?!!! Might be a good sign they want it to be over today!!!!

I'm gonna guess that if they are still deliberating after lunch today that it will be LWOP. :dunno:

So what will Cougarlicious do now for attention? Stripper pole at the old age home?

Thanks for the laugh! It is much needed :-)

deliberating over lunch?!!! Might be a good sign they want it to be over today!!!!

Id want it over by today if it were me. 3 days over the long weekend and Id have to be back at it...no thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member