DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From Katie@ABC:

Katie Conner ‏@KatieJConner · 5m5 minutes ago

On verdict watch today for #JodiArias.
The jury walked in a few minutes ago. I'll keep you updated! #TravisAlexander #abc15

From Jen:

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 1m1 minute ago

One of the jurors brought a crockpot of goodness #jodiarias #3tvarias

-----WTH ? Thoughts ?
That's good they are "together". They will be less likely to hang.

And personally I'd have been smuggling in cocktail supplies after just a month of this cray - cray trial. "I make a mean Moscow mule! That means you can trust me to be a good foreman!"

Hey, makes as much sense as anything in that load of BS the defense threw out there [emoji57]

Wonder why the reporters go to the courthouse. Do they just want to be there in case the verdict comes down.

Yesterday Troy Hayden said that he would be at the courthouse during verdict watch so he is able to hear the "buzz" about what is going on. Basically to get new information from those in the know.

Yeah I believe this jury is smart enough to know they are NOT "killing this kid". That kid died a long long time ago.

Diane sawyer on the View with "women in prison documentary clips"

Some Tweets:

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 2m2 minutes ago

Maricopa County Courthouse is the 4th largest in the country. #JodiArias

Monica Lindstrom ‏@monicalindstrom · 1m1 minute ago

Here is what comes next in #JodiArias
http://bit.ly/1AMr3AZ
@KTAR923 @MacandGaydos

Monica Lindstrom ‏@monicalindstrom · 1m1 minute ago

They could try to deliberate on the weekend but its hard bc of getting MCSO, court staff, security @urwatuthnk @troyhaydenfox10 #jodiArias

My DH is strongly anti-DP, and though he's been magnificently patient and listened to me talk about it for countless hours, he's just not very interested in this trial or JA's fate. Last night I subjected him to the compilation of tweets I did of Nurmi's closing. After I finished, his matter-of- fact opinion was that he would have no problem whatsoever giving her the DP.

He also asked if there was any possibility she'd get parole if given Life. I explained that she wouldn't, most likely, but that the jury had been instructed she had an extremely remote chance of it if given Life. What surprised me was how strongly he felt that JA was DANGEROUS, and should never be given even that remote possibility of going free. Sure hoping any wavering jurors feel the same way. My DH knows less than they do about JA, so mebbe.

How interesting, Hope. The number of people who are basically against the DP but are willing to make an exception in this case is staggering.

Hey everyone, good morning :-) YAY! I did the text alert thingy, so now I can go grocery shopping. I hope I get the text while standing in checkout, that will give me an hour to get back home. I want to be here with everyone to hear the verdict :-)
If not today, that's OK, at least we know it's all coming to an end. God bless Travis' God bless Travis' family.

I myself am not depending on the alert even though i signed up for one. i was on a boat out on the lake when the casey anthony one hour to verdict was announced. I did not get the alert until after the verdict was read an hour later. The only reason i knew to head home for the verdict and join everyone on the thread was that 8 of us had a phone tree set up previously and i was called by another :websleuther: Also right after the verdict reading the site crashed! And many of us scurried over to the live chat room.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I bet this killer control freak is stewing, knowing that she has no control over her own fate.

1. They've bonded.
2. Have no intention of wasting more time.

Yes NP, this indicates good things indeed. I may be overly optimistic but I am fascinated that this is happening. Much research has been done on Group Decision Making and partaking of a meal--the meal is central and is linked to bonding, unity, and productive group work. There is a highly effective project in New Zealand called "Family Group Decision Making" that is used in CPS settings for family re-unification purposes. In fact, this project was piloted during the late 90's in many southern and southwestern US states and this Decision Making model (or some variation thereof) is still in use today.

It wouldn't surprise me if it took 3 days or longer for the jury to decide. It would be nice if they could decide in 2 or fewer days, but if they go through everything and every witness, it could take days.

From Jen:

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 1m1 minute ago

One of the jurors brought a crockpot of goodness #jodiarias #3tvarias

-----WTH ? Thoughts ?

Darn. Sounds like that particular juror wants to settle in for a long winters nap. :)

Although maybe they want to work through lunch. Maybe a good sign afterall?

I myself am not depending on the alert even though i signed up for one. i was on a boat out on the lake when the casey anthony one hour to verdict was announced. I did not get the alert until after the verdict was read an hour later. The only reason i knew to head home for the verdict and join everyone on the thread was that 8 of us had a phone tree set up previously and i was called by another :websleuther: Also right after the verdict reading the site crashed! And many of us scurried over to the live chat room.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Is there a live chat room still? I remember the site crashing or being severely limited after the verdicts the first time around.

I don't think the jury's attire is an indicator of whether or not they reach a verdict today.

I believe that the thinking is that if the jury is dressed up then they were close to or had a verdict yesterday or they expected to come to a verdict today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PrancingJeeves