VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 41

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At 12:32... And I quote her: "I did not witness this, nor did anyone else in the media."

Btw, Hope, my name is not Watson. :)

(((Curious)))). That note wasn't (necessarily) about the juror. BK said JA had been appeared in court earlier and there had been some exchange, but no media was present, etc.

BK didn't say how she knew about the juror. But she never does if it comes from a source.

I refuse to worry about it, though. No point in it. If she's a lone holdout she doesn't sound like a worrisome one if a few hours deliberating made her want to flee. :D.

Or maybe they want to review just a few things and don't want to waste time digging thru ALL of it, JMO.

That would be my guess. They have specific things they want to see and don't want to go through everything to find it.

When we prepared for trial we would make a set of exhibits for Court that would go back with the jury. We made binders with tabbed exhibit numbers. Then after closings we would go through and ensure only admitted exhibits were in the binders. So it's possible they have organized binders of exhibits. Although when I served on my murder trial 2 years ago the exhibits were a mess and weren't organized at all.

From Jen:

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 28s28 seconds ago

#2 was upset she was an alternate and
wanted to deliberate from what it sounds like.

Who knows! #jodiarias #3tvarias

:gaah:

Can someone please tweet Jen and tell her to shhhhhhh. She is opening her mouth and making a fool of herself. #2 is NOT in the deliberation room and could NOT be sending a note to the judge right now. She is an alternate sitting elsewhere and any note to the judge would NOT :moo: be read in court right now. :pullhair: :pullhair: The juror that did send the note could not admit to what Jen says, as that would have been grounds for kicking that one too :moo: as would point to that they were discussing trial BEFORE deliberations :moo:

Wonder what stuff wasn't allowed in...stuff like the Christmas tree sleepover...oh god help me I would have freaked out if I was Travis...poor Travis...omigod.

Oh boy..if they asked for autopsy photos her goose is cooked.

They have all of the exhibits already with them. It's my understanding they want a list of admitted exhibits.

6 hours..

Must not freak out. Must not freak out..

May I ask a question? Is the item that could have been redacted sp? been introduced by Juan?

CBS 5 News ‏@CBS5AZ 2m2 minutes ago Phoenix, AZ
One of the jurors on the panel asked if she could switch places with alternate juror. Odd request. Judge said no.#jodiarias @jbarrycbs5

I'm female, 65, and would have absolutely no hesitation about sending JA to the wood chipper :angel:

But the defense thru out so many outright lies that they are probably questioning themselves as to the truth. So I say let them search out the truth because it is all there.

The jurors also sat through months of extremely disjointed testimony. Just trying to gain a big picture of the JA/TA relationship, while winnowing out lies, will likely take some time.

One thing to keep in mind... most websleuthers have been involved in this trial for 2 years. They see and hear things that the jury has not seen and heard. I bet the poll would be different if we didn't read about or watch the trial. At least that is my explanation because the polls were clearly in favor of death the 1st go round and look what happened. Also Casey Anthony trial same out come basically when all on here were sure she would get put away.
No Casey's jury already had a juror on it who "refused to judge", they were sequestered, and wanted to get to DisneyWorld for the 4th of July. This jury is in Arizona, which is a much more law & order state. You can't compare.

Im chalking it up to a juror wanting to know if they could request to have the alternate's volumous notes to use in deliberations and if not, could they voluntarily swap out one of their jurors for that alternate so those notes can be used in deliberations.

Sounds to me to be the best possible explanation of what happened.

Re: notes...this is where I got my understanding of how the notes are to be used...

SylesteFox10 ‏@SylesteFox10 22m22 minutes ago
2 ques. From Jury. Can we work through lunch Judge says yes & can we look back at our notes individually alone - Judge says no. #jodiarias

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts 1h1 hour ago
Correction: notes on break was "only when deliberating" #jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 1h1 hour ago
Can we individually and silently look at our notes on breaks
Defense says only when deliberating
Pro agrees #jodiarias #3tvarias

they only AGREED ON ONE THING....... NO BRAINER LOL

I'm 31. I think twice before swatting a fly but believe wholeheartedly that Arias deserves the death penalty.

CBS 5 News ‏@CBS5AZ 2m2 minutes ago Phoenix, AZ
One of the jurors on the panel asked if she could switch places with alternate juror. Odd request. Judge said no.#jodiarias @jbarrycbs5

I hope if that juror cannot make a decision, that the judge allows her to be excused and doesn't let another jury hang!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tillygirl