VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I totally agree with you this is very serious...some humor helps with the nerves. I have posted some humor tweets just to bring a bit of levity to the situation however my apologies if I've offended.

The ability to see the humor in even dire circumstances is one of the things I love most about Websleuths. It helps break the tension, loosen things up. And when we need to be serious, we are. It's a good thing! Please don't apologize for the levity...I, for one, appreciate it.

I believe that there are people who deserve the death penalty. But if it were me and I had to sign my name on the order, It would be hard and I would have to be sure. I don't think it is easy no matter what your beliefs are.

BK reports she has spoken to DP attorneys here in Phoenix who say JM could have gone into detail about the circumstances of the murder. Since he didn't really, she wonders if JSS tied his hands and we wont know that until after the chambers meeting notes are made public.

Good point about maybe working through lunch. Maybe they planned it out as a group yesterday and agreed to work through lunch and the nice lady volunteered to bring lunch.

Id be curious to know if others brought different lunch goodies. That would prove they planned a work through lunch event.
Yes, I read that there was the crock and bags and bags, and bags of other food. Good sign, IMO

What's happening dudes? Jodi wants to speak? Help me...lol

I respectfully disagree. From mid-teens until the time of her arrest, Jodi probably used her sexuality as her 'go-to' manipulator. Being surrounded by women who may not be influenced by that manipulator, Jodi will just develop and hone other manipulators.

We already see evidence of that before Travis' murder - repeatedly threatening to commit suicide; manipulating a situation to make herself appear to be a victim; intimidation; gaslighting and engineering chaos.

In every relationship, Jodi needs to be admired - but it isn't just admired for her appearance or sexuality, so she'll learn to use new things to attract others and be needed by them if they're useful to her - something as simple as sharing snacks from commissary. She needs others to view her as sweet, generous, and innocent. This is what helps along her persistent victim mentality. (This is exactly what she did with the Hughes via triangulation.)

Now, whether she will thrive or not is fair game. I'd say a 'good' psychopath would easily adapt to prison. It's in the interest of self-preservation for them to adapt. But I also would predict a psychopath would choose to allocute too. I've never seen anyone as narcissistic as Jodi. I wouldn't want to predict how she'll do in prison - but I do think she'll try her damndest to adapt simply to get what she wants when she wants. I don't believe she'll ever not manipulate and use others for her gain no matter who she is surrounded by.

JMO and FWIW

EM: That's what makes psychopaths 'interesting' - box of chocolates and all that.

Most are a collage of different disorders taken to a particularly odd or extreme degree, which is what makes them deviants to begin with. Further, the majority don't realize there's an issue with them; it's everybody else, the voices in their head, the talking dog next door, etc. Even for those not totally psycho, the power of rationalization - be it through victimization or other means - is strong.

One thing that makes me happy is that jodi is in a holding room with nothing to do but sit in her chains and stripes and think. Finally she is adorned like she should have been from the start of this sentencing trial. Chained and in stripes like other defendants.

Yes! At least now we know she is shackled down in the holding cell. I assume, then, that she hears the verdict IN STRIPES!!!

ETA: Spoke too soon

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 2m2 minutes ago

3 female jurors just walked out, took elevator down. #jodiarias

Katie Conner ‏@KatieJConner · 1m1 minute ago

Some jurors just walked out of their deliberation room #JodiArias #TravisAlexander #abc15

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 59s60 seconds ago

3 female jurors are on a break #jodiarias

-----Probably a potty break ... lol !

Damn beans....

While I totally agree with you this is very serious...some humor helps with the nerves. I have posted some humor tweets just to bring a bit of levity to the situation however my apologies if I've offended.

Some of us appreciate it too for the same reasons you mentioned. This is such a crazy trial that a little humor helps calm the nerves.

Oh so she's having a fit about her clothes again? Oh I thought she wanted to apologize to T's family... Guess not...vile girl.

Weren't there several jurors from last trial that walked out for a few minutes, and does anyone know which they were? Pro DP or not?

My sister is a Casey Anthony/Jodi Arias mixture. The stories I could tell, the heartaches, the troubles she has caused, the so many men in and out of her life, the many failed marriages, I could go on and on about it. IF she would ever kill someone I could not support what she did. Because she is my baby sister I would keep on loving her. And yes! I want the DP for this case!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GonzoToxic