VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From News20:

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 55s55 seconds ago

Deliberations must start at 9:30 because I saw another female juror with headphones on sneak in about 5 minutes ago. #JodiArias

This exact picture was shown last week. So we do not know when it was taken. I believe it was last Monday.

I thought there were comments by the mom that said they were not coming back? They would not be attending the verdict. Did I misunderstand? Or are they just throwing statements out there just like the felon does?

Yeah. The ex juror said they deliberated 15 days spread over five weeks

I don't recall how many days the aggravation phase and penalty phase were (I looked it up on one tab and typed them on another so no hard notes) but I don't believe all deliberations took 5 weeks even given AZ's short work-week schedule (although certainly possible). I don't have the desire to go look again for the others though, since he's boots on the ground and eyes/ears for many, I just wish he wouldn't exaggerate, it just makes extra work for those of us who want to adhere as close to actual facts as humanly possible.

1 minute
1064362_85391057-940x752.jpg

G'Morning Everybodee! :seeya:

Will today be the last day we see the murderess in civilian clothes? Verdict around lunch or COB today? I am a little worried about sitting juror who asked to switch with alternate. Don’t see this going past this week though. I eagerly await to see her go away once and for all, irrespective of the verdict.

“I am asking that you apply these jury instructions and do your duty, the bell now tolls for each and every one of you”. JM

Travis Victor Alexander
blue candle.jpg

Am I the only male on this thread that doesnt own a crockpot? Ive got a few knives though but no simmering pot. [emoji4]

Iirc, the trauma nurse juror said during selection that she'd been a dv victim between age 18-24.

I thought there were comments by the mom that said they were not coming back? They would not be attending the verdict. Did I misunderstand? Or are they just throwing statements out there just like the felon does?

Why don't we blame the media for that one.

BK is feeling a verdict

It's a rainy, windy day in Phoenix. The mood is fitting for a verdict.

That reminds me of JM's mention to Fonseca/Geffner iirc that JA's correspondence with Ryan Burns was "salacious". Either JM didn't choose to show jurors those messages, or JSS found them too prejudicial. To me, JA back in CA exchanging steamy emails with RB shows she was a free agent actively seeking her next free-ride, not being "guilted" by TA to keep in touch, much less come visit him.

This 'too predudicial' stuff drives me nuts. Truth is truth, too bad.

Am I the only male on this thread that doesnt own a crockpot? Ive got a few knives though but no simmering pot. [emoji4]

I thought everyone owned a crockpot, it's the only way I know how to cook :laughing:

Do the jurors go directly to the deliberation room or will they file into the courtroom with Jodi there before they begin?

That reminds me of JM's mention to Fonseca/Geffner iirc that JA's correspondence with Ryan Burns was "salacious". Either JM didn't choose to show jurors those messages, or JSS found them too prejudicial. To me, JA back in CA exchanging steamy emails with RB shows she was a free agent actively seeking her next free-ride, not being "guilted" by TA to keep in touch, much less come visit him.

Can you imagine ALL the evidence that we didn't get to see because JSS ruled it was too prejudicial? Yikes! We would likely be there stringing a rope in a tree for her. Guess restraint is a good thing. :)

We get an hour notice yes? I so have to run to the store. I should probably go now!

To me what makes me different from killers like JA is my humanity. That I can see someone who is not acting right and see that there could be reasons why that have nothing to do with them. JA ruined many many lives. She took Travis's and has murdered him over and over in this trial. She threw her parents under the bus to save her own butt. And here is her sister who is how old? And 7 yrs as been about her sister. If she believes JA, it is because most likely she can not fathom being the sister of this monster.
I have compassion for the Arias clan too. They did not do this.. That animal did.
To a point, I agree. It causes me a lot of personal pain whenever a family is held accountable for their personality disordered loved one. It's a chicken and egg argument - did a dysfunctional family psychology cause her disorder or did her disorder have psychological ramifications on her family? Or a combination of both. I've been that loved one blamed before so I'm very hesitant to do it to others.

That said, my compassion and empathy end when loved ones actually become complicit in the actions or misdeeds of the personality disordered. I, and more importantly my children, have been the victims of stalking and abuse by-proxy by my ex's family. I don't know enough about Angela to decide something like that but the actions of her mother make me angry and sad all at once. Usually, when removed from the direct influence of manipulation, people start to see it for what it was. She seems willfully stuck in denial and more than willing to influence the media, if not the jury.

JMO and FWIW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member