VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they give her life, I hope that some reporter asks the jurors what they would have thought if they knew that she had a handgun and some knives hidden in her car when she was arrested and that she was leaving Yreka.

That's rather unfair seeing as they haven't been given that evidence, and aren't psychic. How were they supposed to know this?

Hi RadarLuv , Flores has been there sitting with J.M. for a while already. I think he took a week off. Bless his heart.

image.jpg

Justice for Travis

After a week of dark skies and misty rain and highs in the 50s, the sun has come out and it's already 75 degrees on my patio. I'm going to take a break from Verdict Watch and sit in the sunshine and try to finish the sweater I started knitting a week before Thanksgiving. Hmm...could that be a metaphor for this trial? And as soon as I finish the sweater the jury will announce their verdict??

(I've got about an inch of one sleeve left to do...)

knit, KNIT!

Troy Hayden @troyhaydenfox10 · 27s 27 seconds ago
#JodiArias is brought to special cell in courthouse every day to await verdict. Brought by SWAT-like jail team.

Are all murderers brought in by SWAT-like jail team or is Jodi special ?

Yet another "disaster" movie featured today - Titanic on AMC :eek:

Take away all the subterfuge and we have this. Well said Deb.

Relax. People getting fidgy on here also happens every time. :)

LOL! We go through this every time. I guess it is because the people in our country expect instant gratification. It seems very few have the patience to wait and let it take its natural course.

I remember when the jury was deliberating in the guilt phase in the David Westerfield trial. I was worried sick, thinking they were taking way too long, I thought it had to mean either an acquittal or a hung jury. I think they deliberated his fate for around 10 days. We were all on pins and needles then. THEN they came to an unanimous verdict of guilty!

So I am not worried yet at all.

I will get worried if and when they send a note out to JSS saying they are hung. Until then I am having positive thoughts.:D

My stomach is in knots. This is the part of a trial that I detest the most, waiting on a verdict.
Sometimes I wonder why I follow cases, read true crime etc...

I guess I got it from my Dad, who loved anything about "true crime". We followed the OJ case together.
Very first true crime book I read was Helter Skelter back in 1976, followed by that case in Australia (to upset atm to remember name); about the baby, mother and dingo and then the Jeffery McDonald case.
I'm hooked, I've followed cases and read about cases more times than I can count.

Pleaseeeeeeeee Higher Power give this jury the intelligence and courage to return a verdict of death. :praying:

Helter Skelter was my first crime read. I was young and thought Sharon Tate was sooooooo beautiful! Second was T Cullen Davis from Ft. Worth who was tried for killing his 12 yr old stepdaughter and estranged wife's friend. I'm obsessed with the criminal mind even tho I find these crimes horrifying. My interest seemed to intensify after my bro's murder in an attempt to understand the WHY, but I still don't. I'm sure a psychiatrist could have a field day with me.

Oh my gosh. My dear friend called me and I was on the phone for hours. No verdict yet? I hope there is one soon. C'mon jury!

Beth seems to have forgotten or just left out the fact that the defense witness in the trial also found no *advertiser censored*.....she seems to have difficulty understanding the *advertiser censored* vs no *advertiser censored* on Travis' computer.

We must all remember that BK is for the most part giving her opinion. Of course she has some information that we don't have just based on her being closer to the scene but much of what she says is not fact-based. I do not give her opinions more weight than anyone else on the scene merely because of who she is. BK is human and has opinions like everyone else. There are times I wish she would keep her opinions to herself, but that goes for others near the action as well.

I hope this is ok to post. Thought everyone could use a laugh while we wait and figured not everyone has seen Llams, The Musical by Fox 10 LOL

http://youtu.be/NEZhfJkBjxc

:laughcry:

Beth seems to have forgotten or just left out the fact that the defense witness in the trial also found no *advertiser censored*.....she seems to have difficulty understanding the *advertiser censored* vs no *advertiser censored* on Travis' computer.

The part about ALV going to the hospital isn't JM's fault. ALV thought she'd come in and blow the prosecutor away with her sensible demeanor and slow meticulous analysis of JA. Then Juan started making her look so dumb it ate at her. The "Was Snow White a Battered Woman" thing really ticked her off. I think she thought Juan was making light of domestic abuse when in fact it was her doing it herself. Juan merely showed that the emperor has no clothes. JMO

From Gold Patrol:
The Gold Patrol™ @thegoldpatrol · 5m 5 minutes ago

#jodiarias Sam just arrived

LOL! We go through this every time. I guess it is because the people in our country expect instant gratification. It seems very few have the patience to wait and let it take its natural course.

I remember when the jury was deliberating in the guilt phase in the David Westerfield trial. I was worried sick, thinking they were taking way too long, I thought it had to mean either an acquittal or a hung jury. I think they deliberated his fate for around 10 days. We were all on pins and needles then. THEN they came to an unanimous verdict of guilty!

So I am not worried yet at all.

I will get worried if and when they send a note out to JSS saying they are hung. Until then I am having positive thoughts.:D

True, it hasn't really been long at all for such a long trial, and DP case.

Thank you oceanblueeyes, so much for putting into words how I have been feeling about the Arias family. I have had empathy for them even though they have done some disturbing things throughout this circus (asking for money on-line is one example).

Despite all the horrific things they have learned about Arias, all the terrible accusations that she has made against them personally and watched the manipulation by her and her defense team throughout, Arias is their daughter, their flesh and blood.

As a parent myself, I have absolutely no idea what I would do or how I would react given the same circumstances. I would like to think that although I abhor the actions, I would still remember that it is my child, somehow.

That's rather unfair seeing as they haven't been given that evidence, and aren't psychic. How were they supposed to know this?

JMO- but I think the key word here is "if"...as in "if they had known"...would that have led to a different verdict? Seems like supposition...but again, jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lotsofelbowd