VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We must all remember that BK is for the most part giving her opinion. Of course she has some information that we don't have just based on her being closer to the scene but much of what she says is not fact-based. I do not give her opinions more weight than anyone else on the scene merely because of who she is. BK is human and has opinions like everyone else. There are times I wish she would keep her opinions to herself, but that goes for others near the action as well.

Completely agree! She is just giving an opinion and I am not sure she really followed this case as closely as others. It sometimes almost feels like an after thought to her. Not a real case. I remember watching her on cases and she seemed to have lots of real info and good legal support, But this case seems like she is doing it because it is popular but she does not have insider info nor is she always accurate.

I am following a few different twitter accounts. That way I get updates and can weigh them and drop them if I want to.

Lauraoh , come on! knit one purl two, faster girl. Lets get that sleeve agoin':hilarious: :laughcry:

JMO- but I think the key word here is "if"...as in "if they had known"...would that have led to a different verdict? Seems like supposition...but again, jmo.

To me that has nothing to do with the death penalty that would only go to guilt and that is not their cause here. They are just trying to decide if this killer deserves the death penalty for her crime. Was this murder bad enough to give her death. That is their only question.

i gave in and ordered take out :sigh:

how i am not the size of a whale i do not know

My thoughts exactly. How boring would it be if we all just sat here in silence. Waiting patiently? zzzzzzzzzz

Annoyed? No.....this is the verdict watch thread. Differing opinions, etc.....

To me that has nothing to do with the death penalty that would only go to guilt and that is not their cause here. They are just trying to decide if this killer deserves the death penalty for her crime. Was this murder bad enough to give her death. That is their only question.

It could have been used to discredit atleast two mitigating factors; PTSD and "she's remorseful for the incident". What PTSD having person is going to travel with guns and knives after having to use them in a killing?

I hope the jurors haven't forgotten about the condoms found in JA's car. The same JA that Dr. F said had no sex drive, etc.

It could have been used to discredit atleast two mitigating factors; PTSD and "she's remorseful for the incident". What PTSD having person is going to travel with guns and knives after having to use them in a killing?

She did not have PTSD and Demarte said that. She is the best way to negate that. That knife and gun have no bearing for me on the DP. None at all. Her mitigating factors were knocked down by the experts in the dp phase. I don't think this would have mattered at all.

From Gold Patrol:
The Gold Patrol™ @thegoldpatrol · 2m 2 minutes ago

#JodiArais Steven just arrived

We must all remember that BK is for the most part giving her opinion. Of course she has some information that we don't have just based on her being closer to the scene but much of what she says is not fact-based. I do not give her opinions more weight than anyone else on the scene merely because of who she is. BK is human and has opinions like everyone else. There are times I wish she would keep her opinions to herself, but that goes for others near the action as well.

lol...trust me....never have been a big fan of BK. Her opinions are very low on my scale of opinions I give credence to. But, will agree to disagree with those who see her different than me! :)

Completely agree! She is just giving an opinion and I am not sure she really followed this case as closely as others. It sometimes almost feels like an after thought to her. Not a real case. I remember watching her on cases and she seemed to have lots of real info and good legal support, But this case seems like she is doing it because it is popular but she does not have insider info nor is she always accurate.

I am following a few different twitter accounts. That way I get updates and can weigh them and drop them if I want to.

IIRC, BK has thought JM too aggressive from the get-go. I think her take on that is based on personal preference and her own sensibilities. IMO, JM has been remarkably restrained, especially given the obstinate ethics-free hired guns he's had to deal with for the past 5 months.

I hope the jurors haven't forgotten about the condoms found in JA's car. The same car Dr. F said had no sex drive, etc.

She diagnosed the sex drive of her car? Oops, I mean the dynamics of its sex life.

I wonder if her story about Her Dad throwing her against the wall wasn't another one of her half-truth lies.
She was very descriptive about it, as if she were watching. Makes me think that she was the attacker and did this to her mother. Maybe she had already choked the cat unconscious (or to death) at this point and she wanted to see how it felt to do it to a human?
You could be right but I can also totally see her father pushing her against a wall to try to control her mid-rage and her contorting it into being victimized. I've had to do it myself with my daughter who will then claim I punched her or scream bloody murder that I'm abusing her. Of course I didn't and I wouldn't but I have held her back or down to keep her from physically hurting others and herself.

I try not to imagine what our neighbors must think. ;)

Thank you for posting this Zoey. I love Dave Erickson!

Great words to live by in this internet driven world:

“It’s okay to disagree with the thoughts or opinions expressed by other people. That doesn’t give you the right to deny any sense they might make. Nor does it give you a right to accuse someone of poorly expressing their beliefs just because you don’t like what they are saying.”

Approaching the three-hour mark. When does the jury usually go to lunch?

where the heck is Troy Haden. This is baby. Not heard from him in 2+ hours.

She did not have PTSD and Demarte said that. She is the best way to negate that. That knife and gun have no bearing for me on the DP. None at all. Her mitigating factors were knocked down by the experts in the dp phase. I don't think this would have mattered at all.

Well, JM could have used Dr. DeMarte to introduce the guns and the knives to give another reason as to why JA didn't have PTSD.

JM introduced via Dr DeMarte testimony from multiple people to discredit sometimes just ONE thing the DT had said; for example Jodi not being assertive or whatever.

It's not crazy to think he could have used the gun and knives, through Dr.DeMarte, as one more reason to discredit the PTSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenisaHerdzik