VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tweets:

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 43s43 seconds ago

3 Gemalto female jurors just left the jury room. Looking a little tired. #jodiarias

Wild About Trial 2 ‏@WildaboutTrial2 · 6s6 seconds ago

.@kinseyschofield here! 3 female jurors just exited room for a breaky. #jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 21s 21 seconds ago
3 jurors are taking a break #jodiarias #3tvarias

no lunch it seems?

I don't it was fair for BK to blame JM's "aggressive" style for ALV's trip to the hospital for anxiety. That was due to public outrage at her testimony.

Agreed. And didn't the wave of public outrage come well before JM's cross began?? Why is AVL always blaming the public outrage on the prosecution team when it began on JW's direct examination??

Well, JM could have used Dr. DeMarte to introduce the guns and the knives to give another reason as to why JA didn't have PTSD.

JM introduced via Dr DeMarte testimony from multiple people to discredit sometimes just ONE thing the DT had said; for example Jodi not being assertive or whatever.

It's not crazy to think he could have used the gun and knives, through Dr.DeMarte, as one more reason to discredit the PTSD.

To be honest, I just don't think it matters anymore. We are past that and the jury will decide whatever they decide. For me it would not have made a difference when it comes to DP.

From Jen:

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 53s53 seconds ago

3 jurors are taking a break #jodiarias #3tvarias

I know that some evidence is left out because it is considered too prejudicial. Much of this evidence can be proven to be the truth. On the other hand, some pieces of evidence from the defense are let in when they can be proven to be outright lies. It looks like we don't want the truth to get in the way of the defendant's rights. Forget about the victim's rights!

To me that has nothing to do with the death penalty that would only go to guilt and that is not their cause here. They are just trying to decide if this killer deserves the death penalty for her crime. Was this murder bad enough to give her death. That is their only question.

Sometimes you just need to hear more evidence...especially to solidify things in your mind that this was a cold, premeditated, murder...committed by a heartless murderer.
Personally (not speaking for the other poster), if the autopsy photos aren't enough to a) show that JA isn't the victim here, and b) she clearly deserves the most severe punishment available...I don't know what will.

Sometimes you just need to hear more evidence...especially to solidfy things in your mind that this was a cold, premeditated, murder...committed by a heartless murderer.
Personally (not speaking for the other poster), if the autopsy photos aren't enough to a) show that JA isn't the victim here, and b) she clearly deserves the most severe punishment available...I don't know what will.

I don't think you can ever have too much evidence (on the prosecution side) in a death penalty case. It would be different if it was the same thing being said over and over again (Ala T-Dogg). The guns and knives are to me, different and unique enough that they could have been introduced (assuming it was allowed of course).

Lauraoh , come on! knit one purl two, faster girl. Lets get that sleeve agoin':hilarious: :laughcry:

Nore, that is what I have been doing all morning, but it is k2 p2, making hot pink bling fingerless mitts for my grand daughter! I am trying to get two pair done...I will knit faster!

And ALV's realistic fear of perjury charges being filed at any moment.

There was an episode of City Confidential where the defendant, Rob Nuckols, represented himself in court, and when he knew he had the star witness dead to rights he asked the judge to read her the penalty for perjury before he began questioning her.

I'd like to hear that more from lawyers in the trials I follow.

Rob Nuckols was acquitted of all charges by a jury of his peers, and they took him out for beers after the trial was over. Frontier justice in Riggins, Idaho. lol

Some tweets suggest some jurors look tired <---- would this be synonymous with disagreements? . . . :sigh:

I know that some evidence is left out because it is considered too prejudicial. Much of this evidence can be proven to be the truth. On the other hand, some pieces of evidence from the defense are let in when they can be proven to be outright lies. It looks like we don't want the truth to get in the way of the defendant's rights. Forget about the victim's rights!

This part of our system drives me NUTS! I think there is a lot juries should know that they never do because of this rule. For instance the fact Jodi had multiple weapons in her car when she was arrested. This delicate flower had another gun and another knife in her car. I believe that is HUGELY relevant. The only reason Juan got to tell the jury that other people viewed her as a crazy nut job was because Nurmi opened the door with look it how much people love her. And truth is always prejudicial if you have done something wrong, that shouldn't exclude the truth from trial.

Tweets:

Cathy &#8207;@courtchatter · 43s43 seconds ago

3 Gemalto female jurors just left the jury room. Looking a little tired. #jodiarias

Wild About Trial 2 &#8207;@WildaboutTrial2 · 6s6 seconds ago

.@kinseyschofield here! 3 female jurors just exited room for a breaky. #jodiarias

What is Gemalto? :blushing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member