VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still steadfast in my belief she'll get the DP, but....if she gets LWOP.

I guess I don't see her doing very well in that environment. She's already quasi-paranoid about people invading her privacy. She seems to require non-stop unconditional adoration, is not very forgiving when she feels slighted, and definitely thinks she's superior to everyone else in every way. Don't see how the Perryville perks will outweigh all that.

ITA. I refuse to let myself believe that her getting LWOP is a good thing for her. I do realize at some point (a few years in the future as I recall) she will be able to have a job and maybe move to a more dorm like place, however, she has to make it to that point first. As in survive. While I do think she is cunning and manipulative and will have her followers, she will have to work at it 24/7 and watch her back constantly. Though she will have followers, she will have just as many, if not more, haters who are smarter, meaner, sneakier and have been there longer than her. I want her to get the DP very badly because in my heart I feel she truly deserves it, however, if she doesn't I will still sleep well at night knowing where she is and where she will be forever and ever. She WILL die there, the real question is only when.

Jury has been now been deliberating for a little over 4 hours.

It would be "work product" and confidential unless and until the witness is listed as a retained expert.

See, "no PTSD" and "no remorse" are relevant issues--but "she was up to something again" would NOT be relevant. So IF Juan even asked to use this information (and we don't know one way or the other if he did), the judge would have to balance how MUCH the gun/knife tends to show lack of PTSD/remorse (relevance/probative value) vs. how much it would be likely to make the jury think she was off to find victim #2 (prejudice). Because whether or not she was off to find victim #2 has nothing to do with guilt (self-defense or lack thereof being the only issue in the guilt phase) or aggravation (Travis's suffering and Jodi's understanding thereof being the only issue re: aggravation).

If she gets life, she still gets an appeal paid for by the state, and she does not have to "earn" it--it is her right to appeal. The only difference is that the appeal will not be filed for her "automatically" by the court clerk, but rather will be filed by her appointed appellate counsel.

BBM

I would think that through billing they'd have to disclose that money was spent on a psychologist. They probably wouldn't have to name them, but I'd think you'd get an idea of how many they're using. (Although with all the hours that ALV and Samuels billed for their services it might seem like 20 were asked.)

From Monica:
Monica Lindstrom ‏@monicalindstrom · 4m4 minutes ago

Call me a wimp but man its cold sitting on the corner nthe rain waiting to chat w/ @JoeyJacksonEsq @HLNTV #JodiArias http://ow.ly/i/8QBxx

And she may be in protective custody. Not have to earn much of anything with LWOP

Steven Alexander has arrived back at the courthouse and entered the victim room. #jodiarias

From Cathy:
Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 1m1 minute ago

Steven Alexander has arrived back at the courthouse and entered the victim room. #jodiarias

From Jeff:
The Gold Patrol™ @thegoldpatrol · 17s 18 seconds ago

#jodiarias just saw Steven walk back in.
He looks very tired and stressed #prayers to the Alexander's
#ALEXANDERFAMILYMATTERS

I have been vaping for over 2 years now and basically quit smoking overnight. Hopefully he got you a good one though because if you start off with the wrong equiptment you can have a not so great first experience which I have seen send too many right back to analogs.

Thanks, my daughter got one last week and I got the same kind. Tho, I didn't get any flavor but menthol, I have smoked menthol for over 30's years. I'm giving it my best shot. I have patches, even several years ago, I did some kind of pill until I lost my eyesight driving a car full of kids and that was a month into it. but eh, that didn't help with the feeling of having that cig. you know what I mean?

Sorry folks, my last post on this, I'm kind of excited.

Justice for Travis and the Alexanders~

Ok, I thought someone said they are at lunch so I figure they changed their minds but I am glad they didn't. Sounds like it is a nasty day anywho.

If they did lunch, they must have stayed in the jury room like last Thursday.

ITA. I refuse to let myself believe that her getting LWOP is a good thing for her. I do realize at some point (a few years in the future as I recall) she will be able to have a job and maybe move to a more dorm like place, however, she has to make it to that point first. As in survive. While I do think she is cunning and manipulative and will have her followers, she will have to work at it 24/7 and watch her back constantly. Though she will have followers, she will have just as many, if not more, haters who are smarter, meaner, sneakier and have been there longer than her. I want her to get the DP very badly because in my heart I feel she truly deserves it, however, if she doesn't I will still sleep well at night knowing where she is and where she will be forever and ever. She WILL die there, the real question is only when.

This is how I feel exactly and I hope more people start to embrace this and feel good about LWOP. As crazy and manipulative as she is, Perryville is full of women like her. And if she gets too cocky (which we KNOW she will) it won't take long for Big Bertha to set her straight.

Still steadfast in my belief she'll get the DP, but....if she gets LWOP.

I guess I don't see her doing very well in that environment. She's already quasi-paranoid about people invading her privacy. She seems to require non-stop unconditional adoration, is not very forgiving when she feels slighted, and definitely thinks she's superior to everyone else in every way. Don't see how the Perryville perks will outweigh all that.

My sentiments exactly.

Feeling a little impatient, emotional, nervous, hopeful...oh all of those things. I remember when the jury came back with a verdict of death for Scott Peterson.

I hope the jurors think about what it must have been like for Travis to be stabbed in the heart, to have his throat cut from ear to ear. No living being should have to go through that. Some think the lethal injection is too cruel so imagine what it must have been like for an INNOCENT man to be butchered to death. That's barbaric and the only proper verdict is death.

I wish in cases like this where there is NO question of guilt that the defendant face the same punishment they dealt out.

O/T but sorry if some of my posts are duplicate. I'm borrowing my neighbor's wifi from across the street so it's somewhat slow. LOL (And yes, he gave me the PW!)

I think recipes and smoking etc. go on the sidebar thread so we don't get shut down on this one....IIRC

I wouldn't be dissatisfied with LWOP, but I'm afraid that JSS might have a soft spot for Jodi and allow for the possibility of parole. :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper