VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen lifers who adapted so well to prison they did not want out. It was a safe and comfortable life for them...just sayin'

I really pray that none of the jurors "Spare" her just because they "like" her. I don't know how anyone could like her because of what she did.. it was so brutal and thought out.
I don't think it would be because they like her but instead, some misplaced empathy or ignorance, like believing her borderline contributed to her being out of control or believing her victim spiel.

Of course, Jodi will spin it to her benefit. I doubt she'll consider this jury betraying her if they hang.

JMO

To me that does not matter. It is what it is. What is most important is that she won't be leaving jail. We have no control over any of it.

While I completely disagree, I respect your opinion. :)

From Cathy:

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 42s43 seconds ago

Rumors floating on twitter that there is a verdict are NOT TRUE. #jodiarias

:gaah:

The Gold Patrol™
‏@thegoldpatrol #jodiarias There is NO verdict right now. Lots of rumors floating around on Twitter. We will let you know. We are in the courthouse

From Cathy:

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 42s43 seconds ago

Rumors floating on twitter that there is a verdict are NOT TRUE. #jodiarias

:gaah:

I read that and my heart skipped. GRRRR

I have been vaping for over 2 years now and basically quit smoking overnight. Hopefully he got you a good one though because if you start off with the wrong equiptment you can have a not so great first experience which I have seen send too many right back to analogs.

Hello Again,

Husband is off to work, just spent a little time with my dad. He just bought me one of those vapor thingy's hopefully I can really quit smoking...It takes a while for the thing to charge. That's what is happening in my little world.

Hopefully today will be the day that we hear from the Jury. I would so like for that to happen.

Justice for Travis and the Alexanders~

While I completely disagree, I respect your opinion. :)

Back at ya!
I just can not get drawn into the what will Jodi's life be thing. It is so out of all of our hands. I have actually let it all go. I think that DP will be more restrictive for her, but in the end she won't likely ever be put to death.
I don't think anything will make the Alexanders feel better even if they think it will. I think that there is no peace for them at all in this process. The best can be that she goes away and no one hears from her again.

I have been vaping for over 2 years now and basically quit smoking overnight. Hopefully he got you a good one though because if you start off with the wrong equiptment you can have a not so great first experience which I have seen send too many right back to analogs.

I was trying to quit smoking.. then nurmi did his rebuttal and back I went lol

From Gold Patrol:

The Gold Patrol™ @thegoldpatrol · 2m 2 minutes ago

#jodiarias

There is NO verdict right now.

Lots of rumors floating around on Twitter.

We will let you know. We are in the courthouse

:scared: Please remain calm ... I can't ... LOL !

Of course she is. She is never getting out. Not ever. She is not going to be found innocent, She is not going to do anything but be a legend in her own mind for the rest of her life.

Found innocent? lol No, but we need to wait for what decision Sherry makes if there is not a verdict for death.

No. I noticed last night that Chris Hughes was very active on Twitter, posting tons of pictures of Travis. I guess the finger is on that button, waiting to release the book that the family does not support. JMO

Ha!! I wonder how long they'll be able to milk it for and for how much $$$ cannot stand them, don't care if the proceeds are going to the church or whatever, those PPL people are sleazeballs.

She will be in prison and no different than any other convicted inmate. That autonomy will be torture for her.

Still steadfast in my belief she'll get the DP, but....if she gets LWOP.

I guess I don't see her doing very well in that environment. She's already quasi-paranoid about people invading her privacy. She seems to require non-stop unconditional adoration, is not very forgiving when she feels slighted, and definitely thinks she's superior to everyone else in every way. Don't see how the Perryville perks will outweigh all that.

What happens if the defense hires a psychological expert and they come to the same conclusion DeMarte came to? Can they squelch it or do they have to turn it over to the prosecution?

It would be "work product" and confidential unless and until the witness is listed as a retained expert.

I guess my mind thinks differently cause I feel like someone who just murdered a man with a gun and a knife...now having another gun (not registered to her legally, which doesnt matter to me) and more knives in her care at the time she was arrested sure tells me that she was up to something AGAIN. JMO

It tells me there is, at the least, no PTSD and no remorse for those 'few minutes out of her life'. I think the jury would have taken notice of that info.

See, "no PTSD" and "no remorse" are relevant issues--but "she was up to something again" would NOT be relevant. So IF Juan even asked to use this information (and we don't know one way or the other if he did), the judge would have to balance how MUCH the gun/knife tends to show lack of PTSD/remorse (relevance/probative value) vs. how much it would be likely to make the jury think she was off to find victim #2 (prejudice). Because whether or not she was off to find victim #2 has nothing to do with guilt (self-defense or lack thereof being the only issue in the guilt phase) or aggravation (Travis's suffering and Jodi's understanding thereof being the only issue re: aggravation).

If she gets the DP she gets that auto appeal but if she gets life she won't. She is done. She will have to earn an appeal and there will not be one. JSS has bent over backwards to make sure she went through this with all her rights intact.

If she gets life, she still gets an appeal paid for by the state, and she does not have to "earn" it--it is her right to appeal. The only difference is that the appeal will not be filed for her "automatically" by the court clerk, but rather will be filed by her appointed appellate counsel.

Back at ya!
I just can not get drawn into the what will Jodi's life be thing. It is so out of all of our hands. I have actually let it all go. I think that DP will be more restrictive for her, but in the end she won't likely ever be put to death.
I don't think anything will make the Alexanders feel better even if they think it will. I think that there is no peace for them at all in this process. The best can be that she goes away and no one hears from her again.

Oh, I think the death penalty WILL make them feel better. As the family of a murder victim.....I do know

The crime cries out for the death penalty. That is obvious to us and I believe to the jury as well. The question now is are there mitigators? That is what the jurors are deciding. If there are none, or if there are some but they do not outweigh the aggravator (cruelty) it has to be a death sentence.

I did not see any mitigators proven. KN listing some on a sheet of paper does not make them fact but he is hoping the jurors read the list and assume some to be fact (otherwise they wouldn't be on the list).

It's all coming down to if the jurors believe any mitigators exist and if so, how strong are those?

ITA. And, if the DT had shown she was currently getting treatment for BPD, the jury might be inclined to find it mitigating. Just because they typed it as an item on a mitigating list, does not make it so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper