VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crockpot - for anyone who hasn't had one or is looking for recipes, there was a woman, Karen Peterson, who did a blog called "365 Days of Slow Cooking." If you google it, there are tons of recipes on her site. Her blog was from a few years back, so don't get sucked into the new stuff out there or buying the book. It's all online. Hope it's ok to post this link?

http://www.365daysofcrockpot.com/p/recipe-index.html

Thanks for this!!

I really pray that none of the jurors "Spare" her just because they "like" her. I don't know how anyone could like her because of what she did.. it was so brutal and thought out.

There may not be any disagreements at this point. I would want to go through the mitigators one by one and match it with the testimony. Once into the tangled maze of e-mails, chats, juror notes, I have no doubt there are many issues to be decided.

One of the biggest ones I can think of is the packet of e-mails, messages Juan held up in closing and challenged the jurors to find them on Travis' phone. That could take a day in and of itself.

They have to figure Jodi and Travis out before they can make a decision. I'm hoping they make the logical choices most of us have made. The difference is that we've been on this case since 2008 and on. They've had a paltry few months. Actually NOT so paltry.

While I want a verdict by tomorrow for selfish reasons, I want a righteous verdict.

I totally agree with this.. I feel our criminal justice system is exactly that.Justice for criminals..we need a victims justice system and an over haul on everything that they seem to deem FAIR and RIGHT and Prejudicial. Yes jurors should know everything..otherwise to me it is already loading the Defense and the criminal stacking the deck in their favor and I for one and TIRED of it .

YES! I've been saying this for years. There is no justice for the victims. The criminals get all the justice. The criminals become the victims and true victims are treated as though they are the criminals. If our system is going to change, I think it should start with what it is called. How about victim justice!

My heart goes out to the Alexanders. Will this ever end for them? I know exactly how bad this is.....

Unfortunately, this is not over until the appellate court makes the final determination. However, since the DP matters to the Alexander's, that is what I wish as JA will be in solitary confinement 23 hours a day.

If she gets the DP she gets that auto appeal but if she gets life she won't. She is done. She will have to earn an appeal and there will not be one. JSS has bent over backwards to make sure she went through this with all her rights intact.

Hello Again,

Husband is off to work, just spent a little time with my dad. He just bought me one of those vapor thingy's hopefully I can really quit smoking...It takes a while for the thing to charge. That's what is happening in my little world.

Hopefully today will be the day that we hear from the Jury. I would so like for that to happen.

Justice for Travis and the Alexanders~

Me too. It's my ONLY day off. Tomorrow I will be flying ALL day. Of COURSE that will be the day when I have NO internet that they jury will make up their dang minds. I be 40,000 feet above frikkin El Paso or some bulls*(#.

Rules-5.gif

Look down. One of us will signal you with a flashlight. 3 consecutive blinks: verdict. 3 more: DP
two: life. Got it?

If she gets the DP she gets that auto appeal but if she gets life she won't. She is done. She will have to earn an appeal and there will not be one. JSS has bent over backwards to make sure she went through this with all her rights intact.

Which is precisely why I see both sides. There's some pros for her getting life. I'm not typically pro DP but this case was so horrific I make an exception. Plus, Travis' family want it.

However, LWOP will be hell for her too. She might get out of solitary eventually but she goes away a lot faster as well.

Well if ALV hadn't been such a hostile, snarky witness with her "do you need a Timeout?" crap, maybe Juan wouldn't have had to treat her that way. She has only herself to blame.

Even the judge said the treatment was warranted.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 42s42 seconds ago

Juan is entering the victim room. #jodiarias

hmmmmm

Tweets:

Wild About Trial 2 ‏@WildaboutTrial2 · 2m2 minutes ago

A lot of spectators in lobby standing around.
Do they know something we don't? Or do they just love rain? #jodiarias

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 56s56 seconds ago

Juan is entering the victim room. #jodiarias

From Gold Patrol:
The Gold Patrol™ @thegoldpatrol · 1m 1 minute ago

#jodiarias Juan walks into victim witness room just now

The Gold Patrol™ @thegoldpatrol · 1m 1 minutes ago

#jodiarias Travis’s aunt is also here today waiting with the family.

No word on anything yet. Quiet in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member