VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@TrialDiariesJ: 8 juror's are back...juror 1 leads the pack. #jodiarias #3tvarias

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought jurors had decided normal deliberating hours, off on Fridays, one break in the morning and one in the afternoon. Seems like they take a lot of breaks. Maybe it is that or mutiny. Wish they could come to a decision and hope it is harsh.

Let's face it, the whole family had issues, including Travis, or he'd have never been in such a destructive relationship in the first place. They had a very unfortunate upbringing and it left scars ..

I think this is partly true. I also think that because of what he experienced it made him want to help everyone and I think while some people just would have walked from JA. He really wanted to help her and believe that there was good in there somewhere.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 2m2 minutes ago
Juror's put their heads down when they walk by the press as we stare at them...I'm sure this is so awkward 2 b watched so closely #jodiarias

Well, sorry. Didn't mean to stir anything up. Will go back to verdict watching.

La-Cooks, you can post the link to the MSM site, you just can't cut and paste from the comments section. Otherwise the article was okay.

IMO whatever incompetent architect designed that courthouse must be some MC bigwig's brother-in-law. No juror suite with adjacent bathrooms? No designated elevator for jurors and court personnel? Jurors running a gauntlet of press peeps? No.

I have read on Twitter there are bathrooms in the jury room but who knows if true. Agree the jury should not have to see media when they leave the room. Not good IMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We could probably go back and forth on this for a long time, but I don't believe Travis had "issues" that put him in this destructive relationship. We all have "issues"! And many many of us, I'm sure, could easily have been conned by Jodi's manipulations. This is doubly true if we are "nice" people and can't imagine that we have an evil person in our midst.

This crime is not about Travis' past or his upbringing: it is about Jodi's behavior.

Agree that we could, but I don't think many healthy people would stay with someone who displayed all the craziness Jodi did, even if it was just for sex, a healthy person would have run a mile, and likely wouldn't have been attracted to her in the first place. She's manipulative, sure, but transparently so .. most people would have 'disengaged', but Travis didn't .. I'm not blaming him, I'm just saying there were dynamics at play in him that made him more vulnerable.

682 candles are lit

link is in my sig line

@courtchatter: Per @BethKaras most jury rooms have a restroom. Teaching moments here at the Maricopa County courthouse. :) #jodiarias

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol 41s41 seconds ago
#jodiarias T's family has shown grace & class in having to sit day after day for years & hear slander about Travis. So much respect for them

These poor jurors. If they are seen smiling, they are inconsiderate; if they are seen to be serious, they are hung. Perhaps they should try Arias' headstand in the hallway to show they have a verdict!

That's what I was thinking! I take these "descriptions" from the tweeters as useless. They were so wrong during last trial. Remember the one that said, "She was angry, arms crossed and stomping down the hall" and turns out she wasn't angry, wasn't stomping and was one of the biggest supporters of the "guilty m1"!

I thought jurors had decided normal deliberating hours, off on Fridays, one break in the morning and one in the afternoon. Seems like they take a lot of breaks. Maybe it is that or mutiny. Wish they could come to a decision and hope it is harsh.

Perhaps some of them just have trouble viewing some of the evidence and need more fresh air than others... I have no trouble but long ago my family curtailed the list of shows I was allowed to watch close to the dinner hour. The strange thing is I hate hate hate violent and especially zombie type movies/shows and will only take the time to sit and watch comedies.

IMO whatever incompetent architect designed that courthouse must be some MC bigwig's brother-in-law. No juror suite with adjacent bathrooms? No designated elevator for jurors and court personnel? Jurors running a gauntlet of press peeps? No.

FWIW, according to Paul Sanders (13th juror), there is a unisex bathroom in the deliberation room.

I am a psychologist and it's very difficult for me to ignore Travis' upbringing as a factor of why he was associated with Arias. It plays a part. I also believe that in general, sometimes two people are intensely attracted to each other and it's for all the wrong reasons. It's like there's fireworks, both good and bad fireworks. You are magnetically drawn to that and I believe this was the case here too. They had a chemistry but unfortunately that chemistry was also a recipe for disaster. I wish poor Travis wouldn't have looked her way. I keep thinking about that event in Vegas. Gambling is fun, I wish he was focused on the slot machines instead of ever looking at that monster. I wish he never would have looked her way. :(

Yay! You're here! Just wanted to tell you thanks for your work posting JA's guilt trial testimony in the Timeline thread. The work you, Wenwe, and Geevee (and others) did in that thread made it so much easier to find info later on. Thanks! :)

I've been thinking about all that pseudo-transcription I did in the early days of this trial. (I did it for Casey's trial too). I had 2 computers and the tv going, so I could try and catch the "gist" of what was being said in court for all of those who couldn't follow the trial but needed a place to go and get the down and dirty in a quick hurry.

Although I missed "riding along" with all of you - I felt good about doing what little I could for those who just could not physically watch each day. This trial by tweet has been much like that. Only catching some things and not others - hoping another poster (tweeter) could catch what I was unable to.

Just wanted to say thank you H4M - I am glad that those pseudo-transcripts were still helpful even after all this time.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 2m2 minutes ago
Juror's put their heads down when they walk by the press as we stare at them...I'm sure this is so awkward 2 b watched so closely #jodiarias

So STOP staring at them!! :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member