VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
image.jpg

Remember the day they had to sit so close to the monster?

Yeah, I don't agree. Until this process is done we are still all about JA. Once it is finished it becomes not about her at all and all about Travis, his memory and making sure the world never forgets what an incredible human he was. She then fades behind the bars.

The process will continue for years as there will be at least one appeal (100% guaranteed) and there will be some amount of attention and following done by some people (no not all, some). Good deeds and acts have already been done in Travis' memory and have been for a few years now. I've seen pictures of the events. I hope his family can find some measure of healing in the future, as I bet that's what Travis wants most for them. Look at other cases (like Darlie Routier). Almost 18 years later and the process is still ongoing.

ya, it is difficult to navigate for sure. Once I am on the right thread it is ok, but almost impossible to find the right one.

Thanks!! I forgot about that! I am making sure I am all signed in. I don't do WS on Tapatalk. I hate this site on mobile.

Watching the broohaha unfold over who has the right to charge for trial video, if anyone, and who speaks for the family about that right, if anyone, it occurs to me that I'm glad the retrial wasn't broadcast. Trial by tweet meant that JA was largely deprived of a public platform for her malicious attack on Travis and those who love him. The only people who are going to hear her ugliness in full are those willing to pay for the privilege. A bad thing in principle, for sure, but in this case, I'm good with it.

(One more reason to hope for the DP: sounds like Sheriff Joe is going to allow her to be interviewed if she gets LWOP).

Madeleine, I agree the most important decision has been made--she was found guilty but that in no way ends the adminstration of justice for an offender--and I truly believe that the families of victims would patently disagree that justice has been served with just a verdict of guilt. and fwiw, the possibilities are just too vast, and have been discussed ad naseum, but to your point. i.e., JA "will forever be a convicted murderer, forever gone from society" is to say that advocacy groups don't exist, that laws don't change, and that appeals never work.

G/Morning everybody..

working from home and following along, between calls from clients and praying that the verdict comes down today

Jodi has really aged in the past very few years. Imagine how horrid she will look in 10 years. :silly:

Well, for me, not really, justice is only complete once the sentence is rendered and the perpetrator begins the punishment phase of their life. Finding the offender guilty is just the beginning of administering justice IMHO

I (heart) you

The process will continue for years as there will be at least one appeal (100% guaranteed) and there will be some amount of attention and following done by some people (no not all, some). Good deeds and acts have already been done in Travis' memory and have been for a few years now. I've seen pictures of the events. I hope his family can find some measure of healing in the future, as I bet that's what Travis wants most for them. Look at other cases (like Darlie Routier). Almost 18 years later and the process is still ongoing.

Not really. She only gets one appeal if she gets death. If it is life she has to earn them. There will not be any more attention for her. This is the big one. The guilt and sentencing phase stretched out over 7 years. Once this part is complete and over she is done. She will not be seen on TV. She will not be giving interviews. She will fade and her limelight will go out. She will have to fight dang hard to get an appeal and she will not get it. As much as I don't love JSS handling of this phase, She has made it impossible by giving the DT nearly everything she wanted .

The difference is that there is no question here who did it. She admitted it and it is a completely different case.

Once this part is done, Other than the fanfare over the verdict, She is gone.

Justice is not served until a punishment is carried out. If she gets the DP, justice will technically not be served until the poison runs though her veins. If she gets LWOP then justice will be served when she is in jail serving her time.

I agree the most important decision has been made--she was found guilty but that in no way ends the adminstration of justice for an offender--and I truly believe that the families of victims would patently disagree that justice has been served with just a verdict of guilt. and fwiw, the possibilities are just too vast, and have been discussed ad naseum, but to your point. i.e., JA "will forever be a convicted murderer, forever gone from society" is to say that advocacy groups don't exist, that laws don't change, and that appeals never work.

Good points, Mindmatters.

In fact it was just yesterday I read on WS that something like 50% of all DP convictions are overturned in AZ. Anti-DP advocates are quite numerous and vociferous. She'll get much less attention if she gets LWOP and few, if any, advocates for her since there's nothing to advocate for. She's not going free, I feel confident about that.

With the DP she will have more than 1 opportunity to appeal because she can keep appealing up the chain, although only the first one will be paid for by the state, if I understand how it works.

Watching the broohaha unfold who has the right to charge for trial video, if anyone, and who speaks for the family about that right, if anyone, it occurs to me that I'm glad the retrial wasn't broadcast. Trial by tweet meant that JA was largely deprived of a public platform for her malicious attack on Travis and those who love him. The only people who are going to hear her ugliness in full are those willing to pay for the privilege. A bad thing in principle, for sure, but in this case, I'm good with it.

(One more reason to hope for the DP: sounds like Sheriff Joe is going to allow her to be interviewed if she gets LWOP).

If it would have been broadcast no one would have had rights to it, it would have been on public tv and that would have been that. T

If this jury felt they weren't making progress or were deadlocked, I think they would have gone to the Judge yesterday with their plight. Since they are still working together, I am confident that they will render a unanimous verdict. My thoughts and prayers are with them in their difficult task. I truly believe that they do not want to be another hung jury. :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DebsDaughter