VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[video=youtube;vckHXe0lavY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vckHXe0lavY[/video]

:seeya: Good Morning Kiddos! Got some Steely Dan on and groovin. I got my errands done this morning so I can get back here after my doctor appointment! :woohoo:

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 1m1 minute ago  Phoenix, AZ
2 women & 2 men Jurors walk in with bags of snacks. They looked refreshed. #JodiArias

I have a nephew that looks a lot like Travis . . . :tears:

[video=youtube;HPfG728ymxc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPfG728ymxc[/video]

Well I have a nephew that looks like Scott Peterson. :shame:

I love him anyway.

From News20:

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 2m2 minutes ago  Phoenix, AZ

Very quiet so far and Internet is not working in the courthouse so this should be fun. #JodiArias

:gaah:

I am actually opposite. I am glad I live in a state (Minnesota) that doesn't have the death penalty. It sickens me to know that there are times when parts of this country who use it actually kill people who were innocent all along. There have been cases where this happened. That is disgusting to me. But I won't get into this further as it's a debate all by itself.

So it's definitely different strokes. But like I said, I make an exception when the death penalty is in play in certain states and certain factors are fulfilled (you know without a doubt the defendant did the crime, crime was horrific). Which is why I want death for Arias because she did this crime, the crime was horrific, and the family wants her to get the DP. Thus, I support it.

:seeya: Same with me APT, although I'm not from the USA.

I don't care how long this jury takes to reach a consensus, as long as they do.

I want the DP in this case because:

1. The State of Arizona felt this killing met the DP criteria.
2. The surviving family feel a need for the death sentence.
3. A jury found the DP criteria was met.
4. No killer is more deserving of that sentence than Arias.

On a more personal level:

1. I don't want the DT to 'win' anything.
2. I don't want MDLR's tactics to be viewed as 'successful'.
3. Travis deserves vindication from this jury.
4. I want that smug expression wiped off of Arias' face.

I have a nephew that looks a lot like Travis . . . :tears:

[video=youtube;HPfG728ymxc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPfG728ymxc[/video]

My son in my avatar does too! Kensie's avatar pic of Travis makes my heart skip a beat every time I see it because it looks just like my son!

Tweets -- Jurors arriving:

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 1m1 minute ago  Phoenix, AZ

2 women & 2 men Jurors walk in with bags of snacks. They looked refreshed. #JodiArias

Katie Conner ‏@KatieJConner · 35s36 seconds ago

Some #JodiArias jurors just walked in for day 4 of deliberations. I will keep you updated throughout the day! #TravisAlexander #abc15

From Original WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 2h 2 hours ago

Could today be the day?

More deliberation in the #JodiArias trial resuming at 9:30ish.

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 2h 2 hours ago

I know some of us are still on #jodiarias watch,
but we also have an exciting day lined up here for #AaronHernandez -RK

AZ is two hours behind EST right?

Good morning!! Hoping today's the day we get a unanimous verdict! Preferably for DP, but LWOP is acceptable too! Ready for Jodi to disappear

I must have missed the juror questions-were they asked since deliberations started, or are you referring to questions asked of witnesses during the re-trial? Is there a link someone could help me with to see what the questions were? TIA! (And, my vote is they they will come back work a verdict today. They HAVE to-i have to go back to work tomorrow and won't have time to even check in.) :-/

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Shortly after they began deliberations it was reported they asked 4 questions;
1) Can a deliberating juror switch places with alternate juror#2?
2) Can they individually and silently review their notes during breaks or can they only do that when in session?
3) Is it Ok to have a working lunch if everyone is present?
4) Can they get a copy of the exhibit list?

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 2m2 minutes ago
Two more jurors, men walk in to start deliberating. They gave me a friendly smile. #JodiArias

IMO, she will start there. Where she ends up depends on whether she is sentenced to Life or Death.

As Hayden points out, though, this is where all women max prisoners go, life or death. Because there are only 2 DPers, their cells are in the same unit. It's just that their privileges are different.

I believe Hayden is wrong, though, in thinking that max prisoners can have art supplies soon after they get to Perryville. Per prison regulations, it looks to me as though it would take some years before a Max-er would be eligible for said supplies and a long time after that before they would be eligible for stuff like oils and watercolors. I'm betting Jodi would have to demonstrate a dramatic decrease in manipulative behavior before earning some upward mobility. And you just know the other inmates (Big Bertha et al.) are going to be very enthusiastic about bringing her down a few pegs if she tries to manipulate them: this will present a big hurdle for her if she wants to move up her ladder and get more privileges.

Here are the regs. They make fascinating reading.

https://corrections.az.gov/sites/default/files/guidebook_2013_inter.pdf

From News20:

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 2m2 minutes ago  Phoenix, AZ

Very quiet so far and Internet is not working in the courthouse so this should be fun. #JodiArias

:gaah:

Ha! I can see all the reporters scrambling to windows for a signal! Like flies on the wall.

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 · 47m47 minutes ago
Very cool shot. "@rickdamicoFox10: This is crazy! #fox10azam "

phoenixfog.jpg

"It's your fog!"

Here is the deal, you mention over and over again that if she gets LWOP she won't have as many appeals, she will go away sooner, costs are too high etc. And I say there is no way that I personally would bow down or concede to what are essentially threats in the name of "actual" Justice. The thought of not pursuing a just and appropriate sentence in the name of "what ifs" is just not on my list of things that should be done.

The people of AZ have decided that the DP is in fact an option for sentencing, and as such they shouldn't cower in the face of "possibilities" when they have a concrete option for punishment. If you do not stand for something you will fall for anything and I think the people of AZ stand for death as a consequence for premeditated, cruel murder. But hey that's just me, and this Texas girl would never reside in a state that doesn't have this option for punishment.

Here's the deal: you have misinterpreted things I've said, and in fact I don't mention that she'll have fewer appeals--that is someone else. She'll have appeals either way. Nor did I say she'll go away sooner, because she's going away as soon as she's sentenced either way, so you have read someone else's comments and then assigned them to me.

I bet you don't know that I am a big DP fan and support it in almost all cases including this one. However, I'm also able to look at issues from more than one standpoint, which is sometimes worth doing. I realize that goes against a "skin the monster alive" meme, but I like to examine different parts of a case and consider aspects that go beyond the obvious ones. I live in a state that offers the death penalty and I fully support it even though it hasn't been carried out in a long time.

Noting the costs to prosecute someone all the way to a DP sentence (that ironically may never get carried out) is NOT 'complaining' about it. It's a data point. It's real. There is so much raw emotion going on here that simple and factual items get twisted into meaning something entirely different. At no point did I say "the cost is not worth it."

I've said before, if Arias gets the DP, then great. And if not, that's okay too.

I am saddened to see when the subject comes up about the death penalty being costly... as if that is an excuse not to implement the death penalty or ask for it in death penalty qualified cases.....such as this one.

First, Arizona is a death penalty state, and the majority of citizens are for the death penalty or they would have advised the lawmakers they are against it by now.

Every year funds are set aside for death penalty cases when the budget is calculated in each local jurisdiction and agreed upon. If we were to divide the total cost amount by the millions of taxpayers living there the single amount paid out by each one would be very minimal. Less than a cost of a new outfit for some or even one piece of clothing.

There should never be a price tag on justice. Not many cases are DP cases when compared to all that are tried, but when they are... they are death penalty cases for a reason.

When Lynn Turner's death penalty case was tried in Georgia it cost more than the Arizona taxpayers have spent on this case. She, rightly, was given death.

She saved the state execution expenses by committing suicide while housed on death row.

IMO

:seeya: I am re-posting here your Post #1309 from yesterday, which is worth a repeat ... Excellent !

oceanblueeyes

That isn't even the point.......not for me anyway.

I want my faith restored in the justice system.

I want to believe jurors can and will uphold their oath and go strictly by the aggravators vs. the shallow mitigating factors. I want them to give death to a female when the aggravating factors supports it and far outweighs the mitigation factors. I want them to look at this case without bias and remove the gender of the perpetrator. If they do that she will be given death.

I want JA to get death and be sent to death row because the overwhelming evidence shows that is exactly the punishment she deserves and nothing less.

I don't even care if she is never executed. It matters more to me she is looked away in a cage all by herself twenty three hours out of everyday until she dies.

I want her to know being female and lying about abuse combined with the vile lies she made up about Travis being a pedophile did not save her from what she deserves..............death.

I want Travis Alexander's life to be validated and have equal worth. I want the jury to show the world his cruel death means as much to them as when a female victim is murdered by their male domestic violence abuser and the male receives death.

This case is not the norm under any circumstances and I have been following true crime for over three decades. It is one of the worst and her evilness has continued to make victims suffer for the past 6+ years. She reeks of evilness as she has relished in the thought of the pain she has caused many to suffer. Murdering Travis was never enough for JA......she must continue to try to put others in the grave with the defenseless man she murdered. Imo, she would be delighted if her hurtful lies were powerful enough to cause one of the Alexander siblings to commit suicide.

Not only did she travel 1000 miles with gun and knife in hand... she tricked Travis with her sexual manipulation so he would let his guard down and all the time she planned to murder him. She betrayed him many times not just the last day of his life.

Not many defendants murder their victim three times over. Not many stab someone enough to cause death and that is not good enough so they slit the throat of the victim which is also a fatal wound in itself and still that was not good enough...she had to shoot him in the head as well. No, imo, there is nothing ordinary about this vile creature called JAA.

Then she began her web of deceit knowing how the lies would crush Travis' family and friends and she has kept it up since 2010 when she finally thought up the abuse and pedo lies.

I know I cant change the verdict if it is life, but I do know this........as a citizen I am not bound by any court of law where I have to accept it as the true and just punishment she should have received.

If death is not given all it will do is once again convince me how tilted our justice system is in favor of female murderers who have done some of the worst murders imaginable just like this vile female.

Last edited by oceanblueeyes; Yesterday at 07:31 PM. Reason: correcting my error on last name

Link: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Arias-Retrial-Day-42&p=11545389#post11545389

I am saddened to see when the subject comes up about the death penalty being costly... as if that is an excuse not to implement the death penalty or ask for it in death penalty qualified cases.....such as this one.

First, Arizona is a death penalty state, and the majority of citizens are for the death penalty or they would have advised the lawmakers they are against it by now.

Every year funds are set aside for death penalty cases when the budget is calculated in each local jurisdiction and agreed upon. If we were to divide the total cost amount by the millions of taxpayers living there the single amount paid out by each one would be very minimal. Less than a cost of a new outfit for some or even one piece of clothing.

There should never be a price tag on justice. Not many cases are DP cases when compared to all that are tried, but when they are... they are death penalty cases for a reason.

When Lynn Turner's death penalty case was tried in Georgia it cost more than the Arizona taxpayers have spent on this case. She, rightly, was given death.

She saved the state execution expenses by committing suicide while housed on death row.

IMO

Turner got LWOP, not DP. She did commit suicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo