VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I don't agree. Until this process is done we are still all about JA. Once it is finished it becomes not about her at all and all about Travis, his memory and making sure the world never forgets what an incredible human he was. She then fades behind the bars.

ITA. As a survivor of a murder victim, I was most concerned with what the sentence would be.

Good Morning friends. Will Justice for Travis be "actualized" today? I hope so.

Thanks for the french toast Tex
Glad you'll get it over with. Hate these but paps more!!!!! Tmi , I know.

Let's hope the Alexanders have to dress up, miss work, live in a motel, experience this nightmare etc for the last time today! They and all the other victims of horrible crimes are never far from my thoughts.

My lap top took over and has a mind of its' own. 44 of 190 updates and it has been 30 minutes! As long as it's updated by the time a verdict coMes!

Good day to you all.

I have a nephew that looks a lot like Travis . . . :tears:

[video=youtube;HPfG728ymxc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPfG728ymxc[/video]

Once the verdict is announced, I'm sure that the major news agencies will broadcast LIVE, and I think local stations will pick it up, too.

The fewer the better. I hope whatever coverage there is begins with..."live, we're about to hear the verdict read of the ex-waitress high school drop out JA. She was convicted for the first degree premeditated especially cruel slaughter of 30 year old Travis Alexander, a man many thousands still consider an inspiration for his generosity and warm heart, and for the example he set in overcoming great adversity with grace and humor.

To this day the killer JA has neither accepted responsibility for killing the much loved and greatly admired Travis Alexander, or expressed any remorse for the viciousness of her destruction of Mr. Alexander, before, during, and after she killed him.

Many long-term court watchers consider the defense she put on in this retrial to be the worst character assassination of a victim they have ever witnessed. Some have begun advocating for laws to prevent this kind of re-victimization from ever happening again in AZ courts.

And now to the verdict. The jurors look serious solemn angry frustrated uplifted relieved happy overwhelmed sad. Let's listen in..."

Morning Koozit, I am not at all sure that the jury is hung...the only thing I know for sure is this jury is definitely seeking information. Their questions (at least those being reported) deal specifically with wanting more information, i.e., asking for an alternate juror who was a prolific note taker to replace another juror, and requesting the exhibit list. To me they are either looking for a more complete picture, seeking the whole truth and/or making sense of the disjointed information that came out in the trial. IMO

I must have missed the juror questions-were they asked since deliberations started, or are you referring to questions asked of witnesses during the re-trial? Is there a link someone could help me with to see what the questions were? TIA! (And, my vote is they they will come back work a verdict today. They HAVE to-i have to go back to work tomorrow and won't have time to even check in.) :-/

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Not really. She only gets one appeal if she gets death. If it is life she has to earn them. There will not be any more attention for her. This is the big one. The guilt and sentencing phase stretched out over 7 years. Once this part is complete and over she is done. She will not be seen on TV. She will not be giving interviews. She will fade and her limelight will go out. She will have to fight dang hard to get an appeal and she will not get it. As much as I don't love JSS handling of this phase, She has made it impossible by giving the DT nearly everything she wanted .

The difference is that there is no question here who did it. She admitted it and it is a completely different case.

Once this part is done, Other than the fanfare over the verdict, She is gone.

Not True...Just have a look at this. If the DP is the verdict she will have appeals until she's strapped to the gurney and the first drops of fluids are administered.
www.***************.com[/url] Okay, the link wont show right and AI don't know how to fix it so it will. I'll try to pm it to you.
Just like the woman in Georgia just last night got a last minute reprieve and it goes on.
I'd also like to point out that AZL told you yesterday that she does NOT HAVE TO EARN HER APPEALS.

Not sure I believe the very citizens who paid for this trial in the first place should be charged to watch the videos. They were denied access to the trial in the first place because cameras were excluded. JSS did now allow cameras but ruled the videos would be released after the trial. I don't think citizens should have to pay to view them now. If the court permitted live streaming during the trial, then I can see them charging because you had the opportunity to see them during live streaming. This is different. JMO

Not True...Just have a look at this. If the DP is the verdict she will have appeals until she's strapped to the gurney and the first drops of fluids are administered.
http://***************.com/2015/02/26/the-final-jury-justice-for-travis-alexander/
Just like the woman in Georgia just last night got a last minute reprieve and it goes on.
I'd also like to point out that AZL told you yesterday that she does NOT HAVE TO EARN HER APPEALS.

Yes, She will get more appeals as she goes along, but she only gets one with no fight. The rest she has to fight for. She is guaranteed one appeal to make sure everything went correctly and her rights weren't violated but she can file for one but it does not mean it will ever be granted.

I am not a big DP person. I don't think she will ever be executed, the only reason the DP works here is because it will changer her qol. That is it.

McDs has free wifi. Some have fireplaces where I live, lol. Any size coffee or soda is a buck! Downright cozy!

LOL.. I meant an app or site that will be okay for mobile access. But If I could leave work, I would be hankered down and B and N.

From Troy Hayden:

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 · 11s11 seconds ago

My story on #JodiArias actual cell/living conditions at Perryville Prison. Life or death, she will end up here:

http://www.fox10phoenix.com/story/28244192/2015/03/02/doc-prepares-new-home-for-jodi-arias …

There's a window in the cell door, and the cell itself seems to be streaming with light. (I wish my bedroom were that sunny!) I'm wondering, though, if the reason for all that natural light is that they don't have artificial light at all (as in lightbulbs) or is this just maybe my wishful thinking? If inmates want a light, they can buy one at the commissary, right?

From Cathy:
Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 1m1 minute ago

Headed to the courthouse shortly.

Will today be the day?

Jurors were tense when they left yesterday.

Alexanders looked beat up. #jodiarias

From Original WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 2h 2 hours ago

Could today be the day?

More deliberation in the #JodiArias trial resuming at 9:30ish.

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 2h 2 hours ago

I know some of us are still on #jodiarias watch,
but we also have an exciting day lined up here for #AaronHernandez -RK

I am saddened to see when the subject comes up about the death penalty being costly... as if that is an excuse not to implement the death penalty or ask for it in death penalty qualified cases.....such as this one.

First, Arizona is a death penalty state, and the majority of citizens are for the death penalty or they would have advised the lawmakers they are against it by now.

Every year funds are set aside for death penalty cases when the budget is calculated in each local jurisdiction and agreed upon. If we were to divide the total cost amount by the millions of taxpayers living there the single amount paid out by each one would be very minimal. Less than a cost of a new outfit for some or even one piece of clothing.

There should never be a price tag on justice. Not many cases are DP cases when compared to all that are tried, but when they are... they are death penalty cases for a reason.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member