VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
seems to be the same split as last time. Always 8, or 7 to 8 coming and going together. The fact that the others were in 2's or 3's and they seemed to have their heads down says they are the ones that disagree on the sentence. I could be wrong but that's how I am seeing it. I think it's very sad how much is kept from a jury in the name of justice. I also don't understand someone saying that people are out for vengeance if they want the same thing to happen to Arias as she did to Travis. To ME that would be ultimate justice not vengeance. What's good for the goose is good for the gander and an eye for an eye and all that. It won't ever happen but that's how I think punishment should be. If someone stabs someone 29 times they should get the same fate. Vengeance for me would be to hang her in the street til she rots, but that is not what I want. I just will never figure out, even if they talk afterwards, which after all this I hope they don't because that might make me angrier, why this is such a struggle for them.

BBM:

Who would carry this out though?

Mike Watkiss ‏@mikewatkiss3tv · 55s55 seconds ago
Det. Flores just arrived & goes in side door-court still locked to public and media #3tvarias #jodiarias

I have a feeling JSS isn't going to let the media hear the hung jury. She's going to declare the hung jury and let the jurors leave secretly so they won't be hounded. We will hear about it from the Court media contact.

no way. i don't think that is legal. Is it? never heard of that? public trial includes verdict reading ya?

No they could be announcing the verdict to the primary parties before announcing it to the public.

From Erickson:
Dave Erickson ‏@ericksonvision · 51s52 seconds ago

The Alexander family is here, Juan Martinez, and Kirk Nurmi.

There's something afoot in the #JodiArias case. 10:1 it's held in secret.

Mike Watkiss ‏@mikewatkiss3tv · 19s19 seconds ago
Hearing that Alexander family accompanied by civil attorney today #jodiarias #3tvarias-lots of intrigue

I have a feeling JSS isn't going to let the media hear the hung jury. She's going to declare the hung jury and let the jurors leave secretly so they won't be hounded. We will hear about it from the Court media contact.

Is that even legal.. I know that's never stopped her before but come on

If I'm being honest, and I always am, the secrecy of this whole trial bothers me more than a hung jury. JSS has learned Nothing since the SC/COA smack down.

I couldn't agree more Nash. Arias is just another convicted murderer in the big scheme of things, while the absolute secrecy in an American courtroom for a common murderer, no less, leaves me outraged and deeply destressed---and..............

BTW: Per BK: Whatever is going on in the courtroom it is sealed from the public and press.

I don't think she has that option does she?

From MW:
Mike Watkiss ‏@mikewatkiss3tv · 36s36 seconds ago

Hearing that Alexander family accompanied by civil attorney today #jodiarias #3tvarias-lots of intrigue

WOW !

Mike Watkiss ‏@mikewatkiss3tv · 19s19 seconds ago

BBM--Any thoughts AZL, anyone????

what does this meeeeaaaaannnnn?

From MW:
Mike Watkiss ‏@mikewatkiss3tv · 36s36 seconds ago

WOW !

I really pray it's not gonna be hung... but with the way it's going... ugh. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members