VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I respectfully disagree. I think jury trials do work and is fair to both sides. What id like to see though is instead of a foreman a third party "judge" preside over deliberations. To assist in fact finding, law and to assist the jury in what is legal or not. Basically to act as a mediator for the jurors. Especially in cases that are expected to run long or be complex. Our criminal codes are hard to understand for even some attorneys but we expect everyday Janes to wade through it

I wholeheartedly agree with you on that. I've said for years that I wish someone would be in the deliberation room to answer any questions jurors have as they deliberate.

How has JSS sentenced previously? LWOP or LWP? Anyone know?

I've seen talking heads describe her as a "tough judge" which is clearly hard to discern based on this trial :bangshead:

Saunders recap from yesterday gave a very interesting perspective. If you've read any of his posts then you're familiar with his experiences as a juror in the DeVault (sp?) trial. I don't think I'm allowed to link / quote, but in this installment he recounts a convo that he and several jurors had with the Judge after the case concluded. Very interesting as PS states the judge felt they reached the correct verdict -- life -- b/c the overturn rate in death sentence cases is huge compared to those which receive life.

Hope that makes sense LOL I too need more....

:cup:

I just hope that today is the end, one way or another :gaah:

No Negativity ! It ain't over yet............Death Penalty verdict coming up.........2 p.m.

10 of them just have to talk the last 2 of them into it. We're almost there.

Everybody pop a Prozac and drink a couple of beers.............

2 Eastern or 2 Arizona time?

I would love to see her face and the wind suck out of the DT if they came back with the DP. .because this whole time they are thinking their evil tactics won...it would so worth this roller coaster ride!
That's why I'd love to hear from the jurors after the trial, particularly if they hang or vote Life. If they find some valid to them mitigating factors, based on the limited information they had, that's one thing, but if they bought or couldn't see through the defenses garbage, I'll be disappointed.

I would feel better if she has mandatory solitary if she doesn't get the DP.

Good morning all!

The proceedings in this case has been like the proverbial can being kicked down the road over and over, and over again. Nurmi and Wilmott petitioned for delay after delay until now it has been just over 6 (?) years in the making of any sort of punishment for Travis' killer. JSS granted these delays and bent over backwards to appease the DT and the killer. I have resented it every step of the way. I am angry that the quest for justice has been so long in coming and was as if Travis himself was on trial.

I haven't posted much these last few months because of a lingering illness but have been here every day.

If this jury does not see and understand that this is a death penalty case, then there is no hope of making them see and understand that at this late date. They were sworn in and told CMJA had been judged guilty of 1st Degree Premeditated Murder by the previous jury and that they must accept that. They all agreed they would be capable of handing down a death sentence if all of the factors were met. Someone or perhaps a few people have decided they want to show this vicious murderer mercy even though she showed Travis no mercy. I just cannot believe it! I hope the jurors find out all that was kept from them (as well as us) that may have aided them in their decision had they known.

I am going to wish for a major miracle to happen in that jury room this morning and all come to a unanimous verdict for death. I think it will be a hung jury, though. After all this time and money, this is what it has come to. We are down to the wire now.

Thank you all for the updates and thought provoking posts. I appreciate all of you. Now back to lurking.

As anxious for a verdict as we all are, I hope the jury will take whatever time they need to reach a verdict. What we want—and even what the Alexander family wants—should not matter to them. And I hope the press folks let them come and go in peace.

What's JM's next case?

Can't for the life of me remember,Googled and I can't see anything either. I'll tweet jen and see if she knows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No Negativity ! It ain't over yet............Death Penalty verdict coming up.........2 p.m.

10 of them just have to talk the last 2 of them into it. We're almost there.

Everybody pop a Prozac and drink a couple of beers.............

Can you really talk someone into voting for the death penalty? I don't know...might be easier to talk more people away from it (even if CMJA does deserve it!). Honestly I don't think that will happen, Steelman-I will be very surprised if it does. In any event, very soon, we'll be finished with her, and I won't have to listen to my husband asking "they haven't sentenced her yet? What's the problem? She was convicted two years ago!"

As anxious for a verdict as we all are, I hope the jury will take whatever time they need to reach a verdict. What we want—and even what the Alexander family wants—should not matter to them. And I hope the press folks let them come and go in peace.

I will feel more confident if the crock-pot makes a reappearance.

http://kristinarandle.com/blog/juan-martinez-set-to-try-ex-cop-richard-chrisman/

Juan Martinez Set to Try Ex-Cop Richard Chrisman
July 31, 2013 by Dr KR

For all of you Juan Martinez fans, cameras reportedly have been approved in the courtroom for the upcoming trial of Richard Chrisman with Judge Warren Granville presiding (and no longer Judge Sherry Stevens).

Can't for the life of me remember,Googled and I can't see anything either. I'll tweet jen and see if she knows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will feel more confident if the crock-pot makes a reappearance.

I don't think so today. I think that the will be out today with an answer. If someone is set against death I don't think they will change that. I think they will try today and then come back and it will end up being LWOP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper