VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In Texas iirc the average time on DR is 12 years.
Schedule of executions through mid-May

HOME | DEATH ROW | Death Row Information
Scheduled Executions

Scheduled Execution Link Last Name First Name TDCJ Number Date of Birth Race Date Received County
03/11/2015 Offender Information Vasquez Manuel 999336 06/16/1968 H 11/30/1999 Bexar
03/18/2015 Offender Information Mays Randall 999535 08/03/1959 W 05/16/2008 Henderson
04/09/2015 Offender Information Sprouse Kent 999471 08/09/1972 W 03/01/2004 Ellis
04/15/2015 Offender Information Garza Manuel 999434 08/08/1980 H 11/08/2002 Bexar
04/23/2015 Offender Information Vasquez Richard 999319 04/17/1979 H 06/24/1999 Nueces
04/28/2015 Offender Information Pruett Robert 999411 09/18/1979 W 04/30/2002 Bee
05/12/2015 Offender Information Charles Derrick 999451 09/06/1982 B 05/27/2003 Harris
Last updated February 24, 2015

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/death_ro...xecutions.html

The next up, Vasquez got the DP for this crime

Summary of Incident

On 03/19/98, in San Antonio, Texas, Vasquez and co-defendants strangled to death and robbed a 51-year old Hispanic female as an ordered hit from the Mexican Mafia because she was not paying 10 percent to the Mafia. The victim's partner was severely beaten but survived.

The link has interesting info...breaks down by race, age, gender, county where offense occurred (most in Harris = Houston, Dallas=Dallas and Bexar = San Antonio) gives last year of education completed, prior prison stays, the offense and date the offender went to death row

I'm confident there will be a verdict today because I have lots of running around to do in a few minutes and won't be home until late evening. I hate life intruding on my verdict watch time. I'll sneak a look or ten at my phone while I'm waiting in line at the grocery store.

Here is some good news...Boston will tear him up!

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq 2m2 minutes ago

"@fox25news: RT @Bward3: Motion to move #Tsarnaev trial out of Boston denied. #fox25"

I just don't understand how they weren't back in 2 hours with a death verdict. but after Casey Anthony nothing surprises me.

"@fox25news: RT @Bward3: Motion to move #Tsarnaev trial out of Boston denied. #fox25"

Am I right in saying that won't be streamed because it's in federal court? Don't know I can do another trial by tweet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really hope she doesn't make the family wait. The last thing the family needs to hear about is victim compensation. That can come at another time. jmo

I am absolutely positive that she knows exactly what her decision will be, if she has to make that decision. The only delay will be whatever amount of time the Superior Court operating procedure takes to get her decision out. JSS is pretty quick to rule when she's not being cautious. There's no reason to be cautious.

That to me is a huge flaw in our justice system. Why not allow the person who knows ALL the evidence (even what wasn't brought before the jury) to make the ultimate decision?

Because some judges are crooked.

I don't think I can stomach watching that. Religious radicals with a god complex make my head spin to the point of nausea and beyond.

Sheesh. I hope Juan is FILTHY RICH.

rich.gif

Urgh

It's that or
James Holmes I think for me. Although i did read about juans next case somewhere

Ooooh is Holmes coming up? Ya, that will be next if so.

Urgh

It's that or
James Holmes I think for me. Although i did read about juans next case somewhere

Lady Justice

I have done some deep thinking about why I continue to watch trials and hope for the right verdict, justice.

I think about Lady Justice being blindfolded, so that all men are treated equally under the laws. I know that is no longer true because in spite of the intent Justice is meted out differently to those who have the money to hire high powered attorneys. The rules of the court have changed to favor the perpetrator.

Because of the changes in the laws over the last few decades, the scales of Justice are no longer equal. Defense attorneys are allowed to present bolder sized lies to add to their side of the scale, all the while stealing truths from the state's side. Innuendo, misrepresentation and hired guns are the norm nowadays. Out and out lies are presented as factual to our jury's through these experts or even the defendant themselves.

Lady Justice is no longer equal justice under the law. Jury's are blinded from the truth, angering many of them after the verdict when they find out what is kept from them. Rapists, child molesters, and killers are set free to harm more people.

Lady Justice has been blindfolded, had her mouth duct taped, she has been handcuffed and shackled by the weight that has been added to the defense scales and taken from the state's side.

Right now there are teams of attorney's fighting against solitary confinement as being cruel and unusual punishment. We have lost sight of the victims and are losing more each day. What about the losses of the victim? Their family? Their friends? The community as a whole?

The money spent on high profile, salacious trials could be spent on much more important things. Perhaps by processing the backlog of DNA tests and rape kits that sit for years untouched because the money has to be spent on the defense. The DNA tests and rape kits that could and have identified perpetrators that have had far too long to continue to harm others.

Tears stream from beneath Lady Justice's blindfold and we cry with her.

The laws need to change and this time they need to swing back the other way. Trials need to have time limits, based on the crime, and Justice needs to become swift once again.

Sorry to ride OT. I've spoken about a high profile DR execution in my state Oklahoma of clayton lockett. He was tried, convicted and sentenced for robbery, kidnapping rape and then buried alive a beautiful 19 year old girl who simply had the misfortune of being at the wrong place. During execution they had trouble finding a vein and he had a heart attack. Now.. This is where they call it botched. The state was carrying out a just sentence as determined by a jury of his peers and he did die maybe not As fast but.. He did bury someones daughter alive seemed pretty fitting. His buddy who was scheduled to Be executed an hour after for brutally raping a baby and murdering her I. the process is awaiting his fate. I was just disappointed he couldnt have been the one on that gurney. My point Is.. The DP is a fair and just punishment for those convicted of depraved crimes.. Not just for men

I'm confident there will be a verdict today because I have lots of running around to do in a few minutes and won't be home until late evening. I hate life intruding on my verdict watch time. I'll sneak a look or ten at my phone while I'm waiting in line at the grocery store.

I'm going to take my dogs for a run on the beach then back by deliberation time

image.jpg

Can Jodi file appeals on each phase? Guilt/sentencing? Or will her appeal encompass both phases at once?

Yes, that murder churns my stomach! My biggest fear is being buried alive. He deserved to suffer. I CAN NOT stand how PC society has become. Makes me sick.

Sorry to ride OT. I've spoken about a high profile DR execution in my state Oklahoma of clayton lockett. He was tried, convicted and sentenced for robbery, kidnapping rape and then buried alive a beautiful 19 year old girl who simply had the misfortune of being at the wrong place. During execution they had trouble finding a vein and he had a heart attack. Now.. This is where they call it botched. The state was carrying out a just sentence as determined by a jury of his peers and he did die maybe not As fast but.. He did bury someones daughter alive seemed pretty fitting. His buddy who was scheduled to Be executed an hour after for brutally raping a baby and murdering her I. the process is awaiting his fate. I was just disappointed he couldnt have been the one on that gurney. My point Is.. The DP is a fair and just punishment for those convicted of depraved crimes.. Not just for men

I'm not surprised at all that this jury (or any jury) might hang when it comes to the DP. It's disappointing but not surprising. I thought going in this would be the likely outcome.

I thought they'd come back having voted unanimously for DP, too. I am actually glad that they've struggled with it, because it shouldn't be easy for 12 normal people to vote to execute someone. I just hope that they have really looked at everything that they've been given, in terms of evidence, and closely examined the mitigating factors. From what I saw, CMJA has no remorse, or she wouldn't have kept destroying Travis' reputation. And then there's the mental health issues that they wouldn't raise during the guilt phase of the trial...she is like a creature that shape-shifts into whatever she needs to be in order to survive. She premeditated this execution of Travis, and called it self defense. Yet, while Travis was shot in the head, stabbed 29 times and nearly decapitated, her only injuries were a couple of cut fingers from her own knife. How does this happen to a woman in a fight for her life, against a man who is bigger and stronger? It isn't like he stalked her-she came to where he was, and if she had not, this wouldn't have happened. She's a predator and she hunted him down-that would eliminate the mitigators for me. I wish the first jury could have been able to finish this, but I think they were burnt out

Because for the ultimate punishment they need to be judged by a jury of their peers.

I'd rather that decision was in the hands of someone who knows the law, can leave emotion out of it, and knows all the facts. jmt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DebsDaughter