VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to me the only ones the Judge is compelled to have there are the defendant, DT, Prosecutor and Victim's Family.

There was no 1 hr warning for Jodi's Family for the guilty verdict IIRC. Wasn't most of Jodi's Family of visiting the Grand Canyon or something?

Who knows what's in their minds? They choose life or death; if they deadlock or choose life, then the judge will choose between natural life and life with the possibility of release after 25 years.

Would this include time-served? Jodi has already served @7 years: Could she end up getting out in 18 years?

Tweet from MW:
Mike Watkiss ‏@mikewatkiss3tv · 1m1 minute ago

Jury watch underway-will today be the day? #jodiarias #3tvarias

-----We sure hope so !!!

I feel that this judge bombed this trial on purpose, and this phase pretty much proved it. I thought here where I live the legal system is bad but no where what this is in AZ.

So now it's a conspiracy? :facepalm:

Please explain how a judge that wants to "bomb" a trial would allow a defendant to receive the harshest conviction one can: Guilty of 1st degree murder and eligible for a jury to consider the DP.

:facepalm:

I do NOT want a hung jury but I will like the satisfaction of Jodi knowing that there were at least some jurors who wanted to give her the needle and wouldn't back down from it.

Would this include time-served? Jodi has already served @7 years: Could she end up getting out in 18 years?

I am going to :couch: before I respond ... :couch: again:

JMO but YES, I do believe she will get LWP -- 7 years served -- out in 18 :gaah: !

Again ... JMO and a big :moo: :moo: :moo:

does anyone know what this means? they werent hung after all?

Tammy Rose retweeted

I.M. Important ‏@freelancewoman · 12m12 minutes ago
@debbngene They wanted "clarification" on 5&6, were NOT "hung", just asking! JSS cannot give them that, so had to read empasse. #jodiarias

What??!!! So they weren't hung after all??? God I wish JSS would open up her damn courtroom and run it like every damn courtroom in America!!???? STOP with the fricking secrecy. Courtrooms are meant to be open. I'm so bloody mad that she's doing every bloody thing in secret.

Liners are now on my grocery list. TY

I'd also highly recommend Reynolds Slow Cooker liners. It's almost like a condom for your crockpot! It's a clear bag-like thing you put in & around the crockpot. Put food in & cook. To clean, just pull bag out & throw it in the trash. I usually wipe it out w/a damp paper towel. They're in the store near the aluminum foil. So easy!

BK posted that SA was in the courtroom with 5 other supporters.

I'm thinking SA, her sister, Donovan....Fonseca, LaViolet, and Geffner???

I don't think so. I feel like all she wants them to do is see if they can come to a decision unanimously. That is all that charge means.It has no directive of what to decide. I will be very very surprised if they come back with death.
Still pondering today what I think and how I would vote.

I am with you on your last thought. While I think she deserves the worst I want someone else to do it. I have a hard time praying for or wishing for someone to die. just me

From Troy . . . and no tomatoes, please . . . :couch:

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 · 2m2 minutes ago

While we wait: My story last night with Travis' friend Chris Hughes.

Talking about Travis & #jodiarias http://tinyurl.com/m6uhe2r

I predict no unanimous verdict as I don't think those for the DP, hopefully a clear majority, will go for LWOP just to return a verdict.

Earlier poster prompted me to notice in our posts' top right corner our "joining WS" date. Mine was March 2005. I don't remember following the Robert Blake trial here, but maybe that was it. Then I noticed a trial for the March 2005 rape-murder of a 5 yr. old Iowa girl is going on this week ... finally. Prosecutor's opening included: '"Casey Frederiksen told [the investigator] that whenever he changed Evelyn Miller's diaper, he would get sexually aroused,' Brown said." If that's on tape - game over, but it took longer to bring this monster to trial than JA.
http://www.kcci.com/news/12-jurors-selected-in-trial-of-man-charged-with-killing-girl/31581414

Tweets:

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 2m2 minutes ago

Want more trial coverage? Click, like & share. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4NV295bU6o&list=TL2YytWnaKNlo … #JodiArias

Dave Erickson ‏@ericksonvision · 1m1 minute ago

I'm running late to the #JodiArias courtroom. Sounds like all I've missed is a great game of Yahtzee in the hall.

:facepalm:

There is no release after 25 years. AZ does not have parole at this time for 'LWP' sentences. Could they 'some day?' I guess if laws were passed to allow that she could try. I do not believe JSS will give her LWPP. To me this fear is unfounded.

I.M. Important ‏@freelancewoman · 12m12 minutes ago
@debbngene They wanted "clarification" on 5&6, were NOT "hung", just asking! JSS cannot give them that, so had to read empasse. #jodiarias

What were jury instructions #5 and #6?

I highly recommend the West Bend non-stick 5.5 qt. one. Very basic, easy to clean, lightweight. I own two and use them weekly.

Stop potting around the crock!!!:gaah: I feel I really have to get one - but:
you all seem to live in BIG houses; my flat is not that big and I try to imagine sleeping in a flat whith the smell of food during the whole night :(
And here is a trend to not use any coated pots & pans any more - are there also ceramic ones?

Sorry for the OT - sure there's more important now.

From Steve Krafft:
Steve Krafft ‏@SKrafftFox10 · 1m1 minute ago

In #JodiArias courtroom. Nothing happening yet.

Judge lawyers JodiArias not here.

Some family members are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members