Verdict Watch Thread Saturday July 13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good question.LE was at the scene for 3 hours I think. Maybe they did canvas and got no answer at TM's door because of the headphones(testimony by the fiance's son who was home alone and heard nothing). We would need to see all the police reports. IMO

I don't think it is that surprising they would break at 3 pm on a Saturday. This is the weekend. They have been at it all week. I would want to break early and rest and ponder a bit as well. I don't think it means for sure they are 'hung.' Maybe they are making progress and need a break from reading documents and looking at evidence. JMO

I thought Trayvon's dad was living with fiancee.

All the reports i've heard say his dad was visiting the "fiance" in the complex.

i think fiance is a huge stretch, btw, because he was in fact, married at the time and just recently begun this relationship.

iMHo

Imo, GZ should now realize that he could have done some things differently that night that would not have him in this situation. GZ was the catalyst. Imo, he also should be showing more discomfort at the fact that he's facing life in prison. The guys he will run into in there are much scarier than TM was that night. I just get the impression that maybe GZ feels a little above the law. I just find his calmness strange. I'm sure you disagree, but we'll have to agree to disagree respectfully so hopefully.

IMO GZ doesn't think for a second that he is facing prison He thinks he was right.
He should be thinking he is facing prison.

IMO

Justice for Trayvon Martin.

If you go back to the woman at trial who testified about the Neighbourhood Watch "rules" for their complex - it was to watch, observe and call-in. They were absolutely against engaging.....

IMO

George WAS observing- he was observing where T went. George did not engage - Travon engaged HIM.
If someone comes up to punch you in the face, I would say the "puncher" was the engager.

IMO

Guess there are first ammendment areas cordoned off for protesters, demonstrators, etc..I always thought the First ammendment areas were whereever a citizen was, not isolated in a particular area...But upon refelction I believe they mean to say demonstration areas..poor choice of wording IMO

I don't think it is that surprising they would break at 3 pm on a Saturday. This is the weekend. They have been at it all week. I would want to break early and rest and ponder a bit as well. I don't think it means for sure they are 'hung.' Maybe they are making progress and need a break from reading documents and looking at evidence. JMO

it doesn't appear they've actually broken for the day, Btw.

iMHO

sorry my capslock is acting sketchy

Blatant discrimination and abuse of Corey's job. The people of Florida should not stand for this.

IMO - Same old same old - only heard one side of the story. You might be right but why not get the whole picture before you make up your mind?

Eyes roll....Crump said he was worried about Hispanics if Zimmernman gets off....CNN

All I know is at this point, nobody is going to change their mind. IMO I believe the man is innocent because I think he was in fear. I believe this based on the evidence. There is no piece of evidence that shows that GZ wasn't on his back, yelling for help. All these other details, whether he really saw or not saw TM go for the gun, whether he spread his arms are immaterial to the fact IMO that he was in a fight, on his back with TM on top of him. He was in fear and he defended himself with his firearm, as he was legally allowed to carry.

Hoping the jury sees it as I do.

The jury has concluded for the day and will be back at 9:00 AM tomorrow...can anyone say hung jury?

JMO, B-29

B-29 is the one many here thinks will find him not guilty, correct? So the others are maybe leaning towards some culpability and she feels it was justified self defense. Wow, it's going to be a long weekend. I really feel for those ladies.

I think you are probably right. What I object to is poster saying it happened exactly "THIS" way when there is no clear picture or facts as to who was laying, sitting or standing where when GZ fired his gun.

Quite frustrating. But I've learned there's no point in arguing it anymore.

Just watching RJ's testimony on HLN. RJ was on the phone with TM for the four minutes of silence illustrated by WOW during closing.. She testified that that the TM call was dropped after the altercation with GZ. Imo, I am very skeptical that the call was actually dropped. Imo, she may have monitored the confrontation even after TM was shot..
This could easily be verified via phone records.. Wondering if it was, or was this info kept from discovery
?

BBM

I too have wondered how much of the incident she really heard.

To be so traumatized about this to the point that you don't tell a single person, and resist the police investigation so vehemently along the way is telling. It feels more to me like she is hiding something rather than just grieving.

If anybody has the phone record details, or can point us in the right direction, that would be great.

IMO

Well, with my mistake or WFTV not dating the story/video, at least the stress relieved for a few minutes or at the least woke everyone up. Again, many oops/apologies.

I don't think I would have much sympathy for TM if I were GZ. TM created this mess when he attacked him and it's basically ruined GZ's life. He was defending himself imo.

I don't think I would have agreed with you a month ago, but now I'm firmly in agreement!

Jeff Weiner (O.S.) has said that the alternates have been released. I find that heard to believe because now if something happens to one or two jurors, we will have a mistrial if there are no alternates.

My thought is that Jeff may be a bit confused and the judge dismissed the alternates with the usual instructions and orders to be back if called. Which makes more sense.

Does anyone know?

I found this from yesterday, hth

Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 12 Jul
Sidebar over. Judge says alternates have been separated from 6-man main jury and will soon be discharged.

https://twitter.com/khightower

Agree or - he could simply have said - "hello there - I'm from the neighbourhood watch and I don't recognize you. Do you live here or are you visiting someone in the complex? Can I give you directions?"

IMO

Yes, why didn't GZ do that...the NW person said that is what it's all about, and he attended that training: it's about getting to know the people in your community and helping them. But he didn't because he had already from the first sight of Trayvon, decided he was 'suspicious' and 'up to no good', with no contact and knowing absolutely nothing about him. That's what profiling is all about.

Getting out of the car was his 2nd mistake; profiling TM was the first and indicates his mind set of 'ill will' to me. He was determined to stop Trayvon.

All the reports i've heard say his dad was visiting the "fiance" in the complex.

i think fiance is a huge stretch, btw, because he was in fact, married at the time and just recently begun this relationship.

iMHo

I wonder how he knew about the shortcut. This is what probably made him suspicious.

IMO GZ doesn't think for a second that he is facing prison He thinks he was right.
He should be thinking he is facing prison.

IMO

Justice for Trayvon Martin.

IMO George is terrified right now. I can't even imagine how stressful this is for him.

His demeanor and voice in the court room proved that in my opinion.

IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members