Verdict Watch Thread Saturday July 13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's weird to me that they excuse them. Why not just keep them sequestered for a few more days in the event there is a problem with one of the chosen 6. Isn't that the point of them listening throughout the whole trial?

IMO

That's what I was wondering too.

I seem to remember in Scott Peterson's jury, an alternate had to replace the original jury foreman as a juror....then they started over and a new jury foreman was elected...isn't that right?

Why wouldn't they hold the alternates a couple days longer for just in case?

Hi Logical. Politics IS the same old same old. Tell me the other side. There are so many good deeds GZ did. Do you think he just woke up that day and decided he would go shoot someone? It is only my opinion that he has been railroaded and anyone supporting him is harshly judged. I am willing to respect the jurors decision.

I think you can say the good things about most middle class citizens who commit crimes. How many murders between husband and wives do friends and co-workers say "I can't believe he/she would do this - such a lovely person - always so friendly".

GZ has a hiccup in his brain - he wants to be LE and acts as if he is. He wants to be a hero - that white knight in shining armor who will save the day. He made a bad call - made a big mistake and killed an innocent kid that he thought was a and a burglar That mistake may be that he spends many many years behind bars, or lives his life looking over his shoulder expecting retribution.

IMO

Basically. I suppose it COULD happen but it's a stretch. And in any case it really doesn't matter how any one injury happened. In my opinion, the question is whether or not Zimmerman's story -- the complete story in all it's forms -- is plausible and consistent.

Was he punched in the face many dozens of times? In my opinion, no.

GZ never said dozens of times.

I doubt he was struck in the face more than once, and that a glancing blow.

The medical forensic evidence shows it was more than once as Di Maio testified to.

Was his head slammed into concrete dozens of times as he claimed?

He didn't claim it.

In my opinion, no. I doubt his head was slammed into anything by TM.

The evidence indicates otherwise. He got those injuries somehow. You have to hit your head fairly heard to break the skin like that. It wasn't from hitting the grass.

Did the fight begin, as Zimmerman claimed, at the T? In my opinion, it absolutely did not.

The evidence shows otherwise. The T is where Lauer first heard the voices. And there is a trail of dropped items from the top of T going south. It's fairly certain it started at the T.

And if it did it gives the lie to other statements made by Zimmerman.

Which?

Not that there is a shortage of these

There's nothing major that can be proven as a lie. And even there is, it wouldn't remove the evidence that supports self defense. Self defense does not depend on his statements.

All GZ needed to do was stay in his car after he called the police. Then Trayvon would be alive. Trayvon was doing nothing to George....nothing. George pursued him. If he caused any injury to George, that was in self defense. This death was senseless and at the hands of someone who in my opinion had no business on the streets with a gun. Someone who was a neighborhood vigilante.

I am not confident in the verdict and that makes me so sad for Trayvon's family.

Self defense from George?

So punching someone and breaking their nose and getting on top of them so they can't go anywhere and then proceed to repeatedly hit their head into the concrete is what Trayvon did in order to defend himself?

LE would disagree, They would have had Trayvon arrested and charged with a criminal act.

What Trayvon did to George is illegal and it's a crime period.

JMO

Instead of GZ and TM moving all around in different places during this 911 call, isn't it more likely the 911 caller was the one changing position and getting in a place to more clearly hear the confrontation, moving furniture out of the way themselves if in fact it is furniture being moved?

That could be possible,but one witness said it sounded as though they were on her patio,and another said the voices/sounds were from further away and then closer.
Just strange that they were on the ground the entire time when TM ended up down aways from where GZ said the altercation first happened.

IMO

AND why didn't father call for a missing child report??

Because he was out late for dinner and thought TM was in bed asleep. Didn't realize he was missing until early in the am after he checked every place he knew of.

IMO

They concluded at about 3 their time? ???

All i can think is, they're hung and are waiting for the appropriate amount of time to state they can't reach a decision. Rather than sit in some stuffy deliberation room during that time, may as well enjoy their hotel.

IMHO of course.

I can't find anything that confirms the jury has quit for the day???? No tweets and nothing on HLN......OP, a link please!!

Agree 100%. This case should have never gone to trial. I pray that Zimmerman is found to be not guilty by this jury.

IMO this is so offensive. Perhaps if the police would have done an actual investigation he wouldn't have been brought to trial. TM life had worth also. Not just GZ. The reason he is on trial is because there is a question whether or not his self defense claim is valid. TM's family and the community at large deserve a hearing on the matter. Sorry if you don't agree. But an unarmed young man was shot and there is a question as to who was the aggressor. Who was defending himself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because he was out late for dinner and thought TM was in bed asleep. Didn't realize he was missing until early in the am after he checked every place he knew of.

IMO

As I remember it, he assumed Trayvon was out with a cousin who lived in the area.

Then in the morning he realized something may really be wrong, and began calling around trying to find him.

IMHO

Yes, why didn't GZ do that...the NW person said that is what it's all about, and he attended that training: it's about getting to know the people in your community and helping them. But he didn't because he had already from the first sight of Trayvon, decided he was 'suspicious' and 'up to no good', with no contact and knowing absolutely nothing about him. That's what profiling is all about.

Getting out of the car was his 2nd mistake; profiling TM was the first and indicates his mind set of 'ill will' to me. He was determined to stop Trayvon.

I guess I'll never understand how he had all this 'ill will' and determination to stop TM but yet the first thing he did was not get out of his car to follow TM, it was to call NEN and stay on the phone with NEN. I'll never understand how he's this criminal mastermind who thought all this up when he was willing to tell someone, anyone his story as soon as it happened. He did multiple interviews with LE, made himself available to LE, with absolutely no counsel.

I don't understand and I never will.

I heard he thought Trayvon was with cousin, and Trayvon was not identified for 3 days...but don't know where I read that.

IDK about the three days thing, but I'm pretty sure the father reported Trayvon missing the morning after his death.

Do we know how long Trayvon's dad had lived at Twin Lks, and if Trayvon had ever been there before?

Trayvon's dad did not live at The Retreat at Twin Lakes, He lived in the Miami area, This is another lie from the media. IMO

And IIRC, Trayvon had visited several times before.

JMO

I'll try and find you a link

Just my observation and opinion, but if the jurors are anything like us, they've probably been torn. Just reading here, seeing very different scenarios from the members, I can only believe the jurors must be discussing in a similar manner.

After hearing the judges instructions yesterday, I was exhausted. I can only imagine the jurors felt the same way. It's probably why they only deliberated a short time yesterday. Reading 27 pages of instructions in the jury room must take lots of time. What about it some of them can't grasp it? More reading. Then conversing each scenario, checking the evidence, their notes, the instructions again. Poor women! What pressure!

One consolation, I assume they are giving this case more scrutiny the jurors Pinellas did. I'm guessing these jurors don't have cruises awaiting them.

IMO if someone like GZ had been acting as neighborhood watch volunteer (he was NOT a "neighborhood vigilante") where Eve Carson, Anne Pressly, and Lauren Burk lived, they could be alive today.

You do realize that GZ was harassing a young man who wasn't committing a crime right? GZ didn't stop the supposedly numerous robberies that happened in his neighborhood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I remember it, he assumed Trayvon was out with a cousin who lived in the area.

Then in the morning he realized something may really be wrong, and began calling around trying to find him.

IMHO

That's what I also remember . MOO.

I can't find anything that confirms the jury has quit for the day???? No tweets and nothing on HLN......OP, a link please!!

Was misinformation from wftv who aired a clip and apparently ddin't stress it was a clip from yesterday//They still are deliberating IMO

George WAS observing- he was observing where T went. George did not engage - Travon engaged HIM.
If someone comes up to punch you in the face, I would say the "puncher" was the engager.

IMO

You are still playing the guessing game.

IMO

Sunny, I didn't originally post this, I was responding to someone who posted it - who has since said it was a misunderstanding of a news broadcast.

IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member