Verdict Watch Thread Saturday July 13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 11m
We are over the nine-hour mark for #Zimmerman deliberations. The wait continues. #TrayvonMartin

AND IMO nothing would have happened if TM had simply walked back to the apartment. He didn't even have to run, just walk, during the four minutes MOM pointed out during his closing.

Furthermore, just what is wrong with being a "neighborhood watch volunteer guy?" I can't tell you how many cases I've seen were lives could have been saved if someone had been keeping watch in other neighborhoods.

We live in a rural gated community on a lake in Nebraska. We named the streets because we owned the land and developed the community. I can never give people directions based on streets because I can't remember, even after creating the street names myself. just putting that out there.

I just wanted to post a link to a crime that happened in Omaha a couple days ago. My focus was on the description of the robbers. Thankfully there are pictures because the physical description is pretty sparse. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the trial. If we are no longer allowed to use race in a physical description it will surely slow down the apprehension of criminals IMO.

Will we be allowed to use race as a part of describing missing persons?

For anyone interested: Be on the lookout for three guys wearing dark shirts and bandanas, LOL

http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/...Suspects-Rob-Convenience-Store-215255521.html

I agree with everything you said except that when the NEN operator told GZ he didn't need to follow TM, GZ stopped. Then the NEN operator asked where he was so GZ went to look for the street sign, not a house number. The NEN operator prompted GZ to do that IMO.

IMO, GZ went to find the street sign, not TM.

Respectfully, no.

There were only TWO main streets in the complex and Zimmerman lived on one of them. If he is so ignorant or forgetful that he cannot remember one additional name then NOTHING he says should be listened to anyway. He didn't look for a street name and he didn't look for an address (as he was standing about five feet from one).

He went looking for Trayvon, and he almost certainly didn't stop at the T intersection as he has claimed. There is nothing particularly wrong with this, it's not really illegal (though it's getting there), other than that Zimmerman so clearly lied about it. Why lie? And what else is he lying about? The answer -- in my opinion, is a whole bunch of things.

In any case, in my opinion, you can tell where the fight began by looking at where Trayvon lost his earbods and phone -- unless, that is, you believe that they battled and rolled for fifty feet down the sidewalk with Trayvon somehow managing to keep hold of these things.

All GZ needed to do was stay in his car after he called the police. Then Trayvon would be alive. Trayvon was doing nothing to George....nothing. George pursued him. If he caused any injury to George, that was in self defense. This death was senseless and at the hands of someone who in my opinion had no business on the streets with a gun. Someone who was a neighborhood vigilante.

I am not confident in the verdict and that makes me so sad for Trayvon's family.

IMO if someone like GZ had been acting as neighborhood watch volunteer (he was NOT a "neighborhood vigilante") where Eve Carson, Anne Pressly, and Lauren Burk lived, they could be alive today.

IMO - Same old same old - only heard one side of the story. You might be right but why not get the whole picture before you make up your mind?

Hi Logical. Politics IS the same old same old. Tell me the other side. There are so many good deeds GZ did. Do you think he just woke up that day and decided he would go shoot someone? It is only my opinion that he has been railroaded and anyone supporting him is harshly judged. I am willing to respect the jurors decision.

Yes, why didn't GZ do that...the NW person said that is what it's all about, and he attended that training: it's about getting to know the people in your community and helping them. But he didn't because he had already from the first sight of Trayvon, decided he was 'suspicious' and 'up to no good', with no contact and knowing absolutely nothing about him. That's what profiling is all about.

Getting out of the car was his 2nd mistake; profiling TM was the first and indicates his mind set of 'ill will' to me. He was determined to stop Trayvon.

Ill will to offender profile?? ah, no...

imo

Jeff Weiner (O.S.) has said that the alternates have been released. I find that heard to believe because now if something happens to one or two jurors, we will have a mistrial if there are no alternates.

My thought is that Jeff may be a bit confused and the judge dismissed the alternates with the usual instructions and orders to be back if called. Which makes more sense.

Does anyone know?

The information you have is correct. The alternates were released yesterday as soon as the judge dismissed the jury from the courtroom to begin deliberations. So it's up to the final six. If for any reason one or two can't stay, it's a mistrial.

It was said on WFTV, I think Richard Hornsby said it too (can't recall if it was he) plus several other attorneys on TV and radio.

After the judge sent the jury into deliberations, I turned on my radio and stretched out on my bed for a break. Sean Hannity was on and said Jose Baez was his next guest after the news. I wanted to hear Jose's opinion, he started talking and I fell asleep with the radio on! Missed Jose's entire interview. But somewhere in my dream state, I again heard someone else saying the alternates had been dismissed and couldn't be called back because they'd no longer be "pure". Out in the world, they'd possibly be exposed to chatter about the case, the news, etc.

All the reports i've heard say his dad was visiting the "fiance" in the complex.

i think fiance is a huge stretch, btw, because he was in fact, married at the time and just recently begun this relationship.

iMHo

He and Trayvon were both visitors.

IMO

Just watching RJ's testimony on HLN. RJ was on the phone with TM for the four minutes of silence illustrated by WOW during closing.. She testified that that the TM call was dropped after the altercation with GZ. Imo, I am very skeptical that the call was actually dropped. Imo, she may have monitored the confrontation even after TM was shot..
This could easily be verified via phone records.. Wondering if it was, or was this info kept from discovery?

Due to phone records and the timeline submitted in court, her call ended about 1 minute and 10 seconds iirc before TM was shot.

Quite frustrating. But I've learned there's no point in arguing it anymore.

I get it. This is so difficult for me because I live in a high density city of 2.3 million people - of mixed races. Anytime during the day or night - I am safe as a female to walk anywhere in the city.

So to hear of this level of violence and hear of the high personal feeling of a need for self defense is mind boggling. I feel so sad but also have a lot of pity that life for many has come to this.

IMO

Hi Logical. Politics IS the same old same old. Tell me the other side. There are so many good deeds GZ did. Do you think he just woke up that day and decided he would go shoot someone? It is only my opinion that he has been railroaded and anyone supporting him is harshly judged. I am willing to respect the jurors decision.

Agree 100%. This case should have never gone to trial. I pray that Zimmerman is found to be not guilty by this jury.

The information you have is correct. The alternates were released yesterday as soon as the judge dismissed the jury from the courtroom to begin deliberations. So it's up to the final six. If for any reason one or two can't stay, it's a mistrial.

It was said on WFTV, I think Richard Hornsby said it too (can't recall if it was he) plus several other attorneys on TV and radio.

After the judge sent the jury into deliberations, I turned on my radio and stretched out on my bed for a break. Sean Hannity was on and said Jose Baez was his next guest after the news. I wanted to hear Jose's opinion, he started talking and I fell asleep with the radio on! Missed Jose's entire interview. But somewhere in my dream state, I again heard someone else saying the alternates had been dismissed and couldn't be called back because they'd no longer be "pure". Out in the world, they'd possibly be exposed to chatter about the case, the news, etc.

It's weird to me that they excuse them. Why not just keep them sequestered for a few more days in the event there is a problem with one of the chosen 6. Isn't that the point of them listening throughout the whole trial?

IMO

Not that it matters at this point,but if you listen to the one 911 call,you can hear the sounds of tussling and screams getting louder and closer.At least one witness said it got closer At one point it sounds like patio furniture or something being knocked around.
Funny that GZ (in his detailed comments) never says that one or the other is running or trying to evade the other.Did they roll around on the ground the entire time of the fight?
Didn't the body of TM end up away from where GZ said he was first ambushed?
IMO

Due to phone records and the timeline submitted in court, her call ended about 1 minute and 10 seconds iirc before TM was shot.

I wondered about this. Tells me he took a lot of hits before he went for gun. imo

I thought Trayvon's father and the fiancé went to a movie. The father never checked to see if Trayvon came home. The fiance's son probably couldn't hear if he was wearing headphones. The police could have asked the next-door neighbors if they knew who Trayvon was, and no neighbor had ever seen him before. I know that George's neighbor, the black lady who testified on FaceTime because she was sick, identified George. Since nobody had ever seen Trayvon, they probably thought he lived outside the community and was wandering all over the neighborhood--the same thing George thought. The incident happened after 7 pm. The police had probably already left by the time Trayvon's father got back. There probably was still yellow crime scene tape, though. It seems like his father would have noticed that, but it was dark, and we don't know which way he drove to get to the house.

Not that it matters at this point,but if you listen to the one 911 call,you can hear the sounds of tussling and screams getting louder and closer.At least one witness said it got closer At one point it sounds like patio furniture or something being knocked around.
Funny that GZ (in his detailed comments) never says that one or the other is running or trying to evade the other.Did they roll around on the ground the entire time of the fight?
Didn't the body of TM end up away from where GZ said he was first ambushed?
IMO

Instead of GZ and TM moving all around in different places during this 911 call, isn't it more likely the 911 caller was the one changing position and getting in a place to more clearly hear the confrontation, moving furniture out of the way themselves if in fact it is furniture being moved?

I have seen interviews with people who actually went to the community. They said the roads kind of twist and turn into each other and that it can be hard to tell where you actually are. I don't have a link, but I am pretty sure that one of the woman who testified also said she didn't know the names of the roads.

I personally don't think that it is a big deal. He didn't know the name of a road, that isn't really proof of anything. It isn't like he didn't know the name of his own road or something. We have side streets I don't know the name of in my neighborhood. I live on the main road, but the other ones I don't pay attention to.

I thought Trayvon's father and the fiancé went to a movie. The father never checked to see if Trayvon came home. The fiance's son probably couldn't hear if he was wearing headphones. The police could have asked the next-door neighbors if they knew who Trayvon was, and no neighbor had ever seen him before. I know that George's neighbor, the black lady who testified on FaceTime because she was sick, identified George. Since nobody had ever seen Trayvon, they probably thought he lived outside the community and was wandering all over the neighborhood--the same thing George thought. The incident happened after 7 pm. The police had probably already left by the time Trayvon's father got back. There probably was still yellow crime scene tape, though. It seems like his father would have noticed that, but it was dark, and we don't know which way he drove to get to the house.

AND why didn't father call for a missing child report??

I get it. This is so difficult for me because I live in a high density city of 2.3 million people - of mixed races. Anytime during the day or night - I am safe as a female to walk anywhere in the city.

So to hear of this level of violence and hear of the high personal feeling of a need for self defense is mind boggling. I feel so sad but also have a lot of pity that life for many has come to this.
IMO

BBM

I am right there with you! The more true crime stuff I follow, the more I shake my head. Anywhere and everywhere, there are some truly crazy things happening every day.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member