Verdict Watch Thread Saturday July 13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Trayvon went wherever he wanted to go. I did hear that the father thought maybe he had gone over to his cousin's house. I would have thought his parents would have put him on restrictions since he was suspended from school. I can't believe that the school never told his parents that he had 12 pieces of women's jewelry, a little marijuana, and a screwdriver that was considered a burglary tool in his backpack when he was suspended from school for writing WTF on the door. His parents claim to have never known about that.

I'm trying to figure out how one "allows" someone else to attack them. I certainly didn't give consent to my attacker to beat my head against a tile floor. JMO. OMO. MOO.

Nodding. And I surely did not consent to have my head bashed against a marble table top repeatedly either; nor did I, when my "attacker" announced he was going to kill me and went for his gun, consent to have myself shot.

I'm with you on this. Makes no sense to let them go before deliberations begin.

What a waste, a huge waste.
--- Casey Anthony, 2008

Is this Judge begging for a mistrial or something? If it is her decision then it's big mistake. Makes no sense whatsoever!

And the media has started their campaign to get to juror identity..tweet from Orlando Sentinel Rene Stutzman @renestutzman
OrlandoSentinel sends letter to #Zimmerman judge, asking for hearing on anonymous jurors. #Trayvon.1 Retweet ⌘

That is even lower than I would expect from the media. I hope the jurors are able to stay anonymous is they wish. If there is an incident, the media will have blood on its hands.

IDK about the three days thing, but I'm pretty sure the father reported Trayvon missing the morning after his death.

MeeBee, I don't want to criticize Mr. Martin but they put out picture of a 12 year old when he was killed and prosecutors called him a child. So why does this dad not report his "child" missing until the next morning if he was just going after some skittles? To me, that's child endangerment!

So you cannot have it both ways.

Add to that the parents, when neither one was watching TM, sued the neighborhood watch or the homeowners association for wrongful death and received a settlement of one million dollars.

MOO

That could be possible,but one witness said it sounded as though they were on her patio,and another said the voices/sounds were from further away and then closer.
Just strange that they were on the ground the entire time when TM ended up down aways from where GZ said the altercation first happened.

IMO

If you watch the re-enactment, GZ says TM sucker punched (my words) him at the T and he stumbled back and fell. Although he doesn't state he got back up he obviously did b/c he said they continued down the dog walk path and TM (again my words) was still trying to start an altercation, and GM continued to push him away trying to keep a distance between them.

I've been trying to avoid getting involved in this discussion, and the reason I'm posting this is because this morning I was wondering too about how the ear buds and phone ended where they did. So, from the re-enactment, GZ only states he went down at the T and doesn't say that TM mounted him at that point but that it kept esculating as they proceeded down the dog walk.

MOO

Dear Everyone,

This is me on my knees begging and pleading with you ...please DO NOT CALL ANYONE A RACIST.

Race WAS NOT brought up in the court case.

I would be glad to let you offer your opinion on who you think is racist and why but if I did that do you know what would happen?

THE FORUM WOULD EXPLODE.

We can't discuss race. We can't. If I had the time and the mod power I might give it a shot but I don't.

If we want this discussion to continue we cannot through out accusations of racism. Even thought it might be true we just cannot do it. Not if we want this thread to stay open.

Thank you very much.

Tricia

But didnt he wait until the next morning? I have a 21 yr old college student son who lives with me and if he does not show up by a certain time... I am going to be greatly worried....

JMO JMO

It doesn't seem odd to me. That he waited until the next morning makes sense and doesn't mean he didn't spend the night worried sick. A lot of people make a stink about this. But most people, when someone goes missing, don't report right away unless it's a small child because they want to give the person a chance to call, come home, etc. A lot of people wait until the next day. That Trayvon's called in the morning mere hours after he realized Trayvon was not home says the opposite to me of what it says to a lot of people which is not that he didn't care and just didn't realize Trayvon wasn't home.It says to me that he didn't waste a lot of time after Trayvon went missing to raise the ref flag.

And that's just my opinion dude.

I think it's your opinion that he was harrassing anyone. It's certainly mine that nothing in the trial proved that.

You're right. I forgot to add. IMO, following someone in your car, then following the on foot, then running after them is harassment. The point was he wasn't doing anything but walking around. No crime in that. Yet that didn't stop captain neighborhood watch from repeatedly calling TM a suspect. How many of those other calls to NEN did he follow? What was he going to do when he "caught" TM?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the thing about all these criminal mastermind theories, are they possible, yeah, sure, but it takes far more suspendion of disbelief to believe them that it does to believe GZ's story. And that is reasonable doubt.

What's the first thing someone says when a suspect/defendant lawyers up? He's got something to hide, that's hinky, etc. I can pull a laundry list of posts of crimes and trials on this forum where that was said.

None of that happened in this case and yet somehow GZ is still this guy who had this all planned out.

BBM

I'm sorry, but this is not a given. This is a opinion and a hypothetical. There is no evidence that actually supports your opinion, outside of RJ and I don't think someone should go to jail based on the testimony of one witness who wasn't even there and who has credibility issues to begin with.

That's not a given.

IMHO

The part y'all bolded ....It is in evidence and part of GZ's conversation with 911. GZ admits he was following TM. He admits he questioned him.

Those are facts, not my speculation.

Is this Judge begging for a mistrial or something? If it is her decision then it's big mistake. Makes no sense whatsoever!

She's like the anti-Judge Stevens. I hope the two never meet, they might spontaneously combust from the energy of their opposing forces.

That is even lower than I would expect from the media. I hope the jurors are able to stay anonymous is they wish. If there is an incident, the media will have blood on its hands.

I hope the jurors can be anonymous, regardless of their decision. If the acquit GM, their lives would be hell.

I guess I'll never understand how he had all this 'ill will' and determination to stop TM but yet the first thing he did was not get out of his car to follow TM, it was to call NEN and stay on the phone with NEN. I'll never understand how he's this criminal mastermind who thought all this up when he was willing to tell someone, anyone his story as soon as it happened. He did multiple interviews with LE, made himself available to LE, with absolutely no counsel.

I don't understand and I never will.

:goodpost:

IMO

Now that the State of Florida has stand your ground, self defense claims have tripled in courts. IMO

All GZ needed to do was stay in his car after he called the police. Then Trayvon would be alive. Trayvon was doing nothing to George....nothing. George pursued him. If he caused any injury to George, that was in self defense. This death was senseless and at the hands of someone who in my opinion had no business on the streets with a gun. Someone who was a neighborhood vigilante.

I am not confident in the verdict and that makes me so sad for Trayvon's family.

I agree with you Knicksgal, this guy should never have gone after him in the first place, no cause. He seems to think he's a cop...

I'm reading the thread backwards so if this has been discussed already, I apologize.

"IT director who raised questions about Zimmerman case is fired."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/13/justice/zimmerman-it-firing/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

I smell a 7 figure lawsuit against the Florida State Attorney's Office. IMHO

And don't forget the former Sanford Police Choef who was summarily dismissed..he I betcha has a suit in the air..Looks like FL will be seeing some law suits...

Someone punches me once and then walks away? I might run back home crying and tell my loved ones.

Someone punches me more than once? I will use whatever weapon I have to defend myself. No hesitations at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV