Verdict Watch Thread Saturday July 13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting input from a Jury Consultant. The part that interested me was that she said she believes 2 of the jurors were very emotional and that perhaps after they talk through their emotions they can come to a logical decision.

cut and paste link to see video:

video.foxnews.com/v/2542445194001/how-fatigue-impacts-zimmerman-trial-jurors?intcmp=related

It is in evidence and part of GZ's conversation with 911. GZ admits he was following TM. He admits he questioned him.

Those are facts, not my speculation.

You might want to re-read his statement.

IMHo

MeeBee, I don't want to criticize Mr. Martin but they put out picture of a 12 year old when he was killed and prosecutors called him a child. So why does this dad not report his "child" missing until the next morning if he was just going after some skittles? To me, that's child endangerment!

So you cannot have it both ways.

Add to that the parents, when neither one was watching TM, sued the neighborhood watch or the homeowners association for wrongful death and received a settlement of one million dollars.

MOO

Is that a general you?

BBM

I too have wondered how much of the incident she really heard.

To be so traumatized about this to the point that you don't tell a single person, and resist the police investigation so vehemently along the way is telling. It feels more to me like she is hiding something rather than just grieving.

If anybody has the phone record details, or can point us in the right direction, that would be great.

IMO

http://www.talkleft.com/story/2013/7/1/92244/82226/crimenews/Trayvon-Martin-s-Cell-Phone-Records

Interesting imo.

You do realize that GZ was harassing a young man who wasn't committing a crime right? GZ didn't stop the supposedly numerous robberies that happened in his neighborhood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are we suppose to accept people being killed in their homes? "Numerous robberies" happened before GZ became watch volunteer and were the reason for him doing so.

And the timeline of events indicate GZ didn't come face to face with Martin until TM jumped him out of the dark.

That's the thing about all these criminal mastermind theories, are they possible, yeah, sure, but it takes far more suspendion of disbelief to believe them that it does to believe GZ's story. And that is reasonable doubt.

I don't think it's hard to believe at all except although I think GZ is guilty, I don't believe it is a master mind thing going on. I think GZ hangs around Le, he's studying criminology and he's gone on ride patrols with LE. He knows how they report an incident - far different than a citizen does and that's how he reported his own crime - as if he was LE.

He's a wanna be LE and he "parrots" their style. Easy.

It's like guys who wear fatigues and run around saying booyah even though they've never been near the armed forces. Just wannabe imitators is all.

I guess I'll never understand how he had all this 'ill will' and determination to stop TM but yet the first thing he did was not get out of his car to follow TM, it was to call NEN and stay on the phone with NEN. I'll never understand how he's this criminal mastermind who thought all this up when he was willing to tell someone, anyone his story as soon as it happened. He did multiple interviews with LE, made himself available to LE, with absolutely no counsel.

I don't understand and I never will.
I have to chuckle...so did Jodi Arias...well, at least with calling LE.
But, seriously, I have to wonder if GZ enjoyed all of this interaction with LE. I wish I had seen or heard some remorse from this person. I wish he had testified so I could hear his fear...and his sadness now. But, I truly believe that he righteously feels justified for killing TM...and that bothers me.

You're right. I forgot to add. IMO, following someone in your car, then following the on foot, then running after them is harassment. The point was he wasn't doing anything but walking around. No crime in that. Yet that didn't stop captain neighborhood watch from repeatedly calling TM a suspect. How many of those other calls to NEN did he follow? What was he going to do when he "caught" TM?

The following and running after TM is again, opinion that was not supported by any evidence in the trial. I wish the state has introduced something, anything that proved that GZ was doing all you say because this case would be a whole lot easier to solve.

BBM: And Trayvon would have been charged and tried as an ADULT -- NOT a "child" ... he was 17 years old ...

:twocents: IMO ... MOO ... JMO ...

That is very true, IMO. Especially in Angela Corey's district. IMO.

I don't think it's hard to believe at all except although I think GZ is guilty, I don't believe it is a master mind thing going on. I think GZ hangs around Le, he's studying criminology and he's gone on ride patrols with LE. He knows how they report an incident - far different than a citizen does and that's how he reported his own crime - as if he was LE.

It's like guys who wear fatigues and run around saying booyah even though they've never been near the armed forces. Just wannabe imitators is all.

BBM

Exactly !

I guess I'll never understand how he had all this 'ill will' and determination to stop TM but yet the first thing he did was not get out of his car to follow TM, it was to call NEN and stay on the phone with NEN. I'll never understand how he's this criminal mastermind who thought all this up when he was willing to tell someone, anyone his story as soon as it happened. He did multiple interviews with LE, made himself available to LE, with absolutely no counsel.

I don't understand and I never will.

His mouth got him in trouble. Next time GZ better just keep his mouth shut if he can't say something nice about someone.

I didn't deny it. Obviously. You don't convict a man of murder just because he killed another. It's called self-defense. Zimmerman's life should be cut short simply because he killed a minor in self-defense? That's not how the law works. Some don't want to give any room for self-defense. If a person kills another then they want him to be accountable in some form or another even if it was a case of self-defense.

This case should have never gone to trial.

You obviously didn't read my whole post. I didn't say he should go to prison just because he shot an unarmed minor. I said there should be an investigation or hearing on the matter. Are we supposed to just take GZ's word for it that it was self defense? There is a question as to who was the aggressor.

It doesn't seem odd to me. That he waited until the next morning makes sense and doesn't mean he didn't spend the night worried sick. A lot of people make a stink about this. But most people, when someone goes missing, don't report right away unless it's a small child because they want to give the person a chance to call, come home, etc. A lot of people wait until the next day. That Trayvon's called in the morning mere hours after he realized Trayvon was not home says the opposite to me of what it says to a lot of people which is not that he didn't care and just didn't realize Trayvon wasn't home.It says to me that he didn't waste a lot of time after Trayvon went missing to raise the ref flag.

And that's just my opinion dude.

But he is a child. Remember?

You might want to re-read his statement.

IMHo

It's in his recorded conversation with 911...

My main point of my original post was that there is no proof for either person starting the fight.

IMO, TM was defending himself....in your opinion, GZ was.

I'm just saying neither scenario is proven fact.

Whether or not he wants to be a cop actually has nothing to do with this case.

I didn't deny it. Obviously. You don't convict a man of murder just because he killed another. It's called self-defense. Zimmerman's life should be cut short simply because he killed a minor in self-defense? That's not how the law works. Some don't want to give any room for self-defense. If a person kills another then they want him to be accountable in some form or another even if it was a case of self-defense.

This case should have never gone to trial.

Respectfully, I can't agree that this case should have never gone to trial. There were no witnesses, no surveillance tape, nothing but the words of George Zimmerman.

In a perfect world a man's word would be enough, but sadly…we don't live in a perfect world. Trayvon's family deserves to learn as much as can possibly be learned as to why their loved one no longer walks this earth.:twocents:

Because he was out late for dinner and thought TM was in bed asleep. Didn't realize he was missing until early in the am after he checked every place he knew of.

IMO

I can't imagine NOT checking on my child before I went to bed....just saying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members